Filipowski better be suspended | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Filipowski better be suspended

Putting Judah aside, seems to be that if a player slaps another in the face, that should warrant more action than just getting kicked out for the current game. Flip ought to be suspended for the upcoming game, but nothing more than that.
That’s all anyone is saying here.

This is some street ball action by Buddy. I kinda like it. :cool:

Look at the sequence before Buddy's punch. The opponent purposely took his weight and bumped into Buddy. While I know the bump is considered a basketball play, he completely dislodged Buddy (bumper car action). Buddy found that to be BS, hence the punch to the guy's gut. I'm okay with that.

Not only that, but he didn’t “push him down with both hands”, he was simply running down court and sought to clear and avoid the Duke player lying on the court. It was the Duke player who sought to trip.

It’s pretty clear as day. All these arguments about contributory actions and no harm no foul are irrelevant. Kid tripped the other kid. Should be suspended. If he’s not, it’s a bad look for the league. Let’s see what happens.

Exactly. The carolina player didnt push him down, thats laughable. He was off balance and gently put his left arm on him to avoid any collission.

Look at the sequence before Buddy's punch. The opponent purposely took his weight and bumped into Buddy. While I know the bump is considered a basketball play, he completely dislodged Buddy (bumper car action). Buddy found that to be BS, hence the punch to the guy's gut. I'm okay with that.
I'm not. It's one of the stupidest, most unnecessary plays ever committed by a Syracuse basketball player

If not for his last name, he would have absolutely been skewered by our fan base for selfishly putting himself above the team when they needed him to be a senior leader, and rightly so.

Meh. Sometimes you need to push back and let the other guy know he's not going to keep pushing you back. I'm okay with it. He just should have done it a bit more inconspicuous.

I'm not. It's one of the stupidest, most unnecessary plays ever committed by a Syracuse basketball player

If not for his last name, he would have absolutely been skewered by our fan base for selfishly putting himself above the team when they needed him to be a senior leader, and rightly so.

You must have hated DC.

It wasn’t a considered choice. It was an emotional response. To imply he consciously decided it was more important for him to get a punch in than play the next day is just wrong.

It's because Buddy had no clue what boxing out was.

He ran right over him and put both arms on Flip, didn't have to do that.

As a bigger point if the refs don't make a call life goes on, hate these reviews.
If you want to make the argument that the UNC player should he suspended as well. Go right ahead. But you can't allow players to trip the opposing team. That can't be allowed. And sometimes reviews are necessary when the refs miss flagrant fouls. Would the answer be that since we didn't see a punch during the game...play on? That is odd to me.

Not only that, but he didn’t “push him down with both hands”, he was simply running down court and sought to clear and avoid the Duke player lying on the court. It was the Duke player who sought to trip.

It’s pretty clear as day. All these arguments about contributory actions and no harm no foul are irrelevant. Kid tripped the other kid. Should be suspended. If he’s not, it’s a bad look for the league. Let’s see what happens.

So when Ingram had two hands on Flip's back, what was he doing?

It wasn’t a considered choice. It was an emotional response. To imply he consciously decided it was more important for him to get a punch in than play the next day is just wrong.
Irrelevant.

If you want to make the argument that the UNC player should he suspended as well. Go right ahead. But you can't allow players to trip the opposing team. That can't be allowed. And sometimes reviews are necessary when the refs miss flagrant fouls. Would the answer be that since we didn't see a punch during the game...play on? That is odd to me.

On Buddy, sure. Ref missed the call. It's a slippery slope with the video stuff, it's making the game as is more painful and needlessly punitive as a result.

Didn't say Ingram should be suspended either, that's silly. He took a path over a guy lying on the ground and pushed off on him, go another way.

On Buddy, sure. Ref missed the call. It's a slippery slope with the video stuff, it's making the game as is more painful and needlessly punitive as a result.

Didn't say Ingram should be suspended either, that's silly. He took a path over a guy lying on the ground and pushed off on him, go another way.
Then don't bring it up. It has nothing to do with Flip tripping him. Which was intentional. That can't be allowed. If it is, we aren't playing basketball anymore.

Did Filipowski trip him?

The two hands was a nothing burger. Flip is starting a rep as a dirty player, the guy can't even own his stuff faking injuries twice. Was Scheyer apoplectic about the trip like his drama filled anti court storming speech?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom