Final 9 Game Stretch This Year... | Syracusefan.com

Final 9 Game Stretch This Year...

TBCuse11

Starter
I honestly cant imagine a rougher finish to a season. This must be the toughest, if not one of them, we have ever had. Its very possible we could play great and go 2-7. So to those of you who are positive we will start 16-4, I sure hope u are right. Brutal stuff.

I honestly cant imagine a rougher finish to a season. This must be the toughest, if not one of them, we have ever had. Its very possible we could play great and go 2-7. So to those of you who are positive we will start 16-4, I sure hope u are right. Brutal stuff.

Its a tough run but it may look different by the time we get to it. These 1st 7 are very important as are the 3 after UNC. Those are 10 games that we have a great chance to win and its a must to take advantage of as many of them as we can.

Aren't you the same guy who said Iowa would no way help our Resume?

I believe he is/was one of the posters calling Iowa "crap", "garbage" and other such things

If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best.

I know there is a small prestige factor associated with making the Tourney and keeping the streak alive but, if we're not playing well enough to go .500+ over the last 9 games, what's the point of being in the NCAAT? Making the NCAAT with a Sweet 16 loss being considered an overachievement does nothing for me.

Feb 14 #2 DUKE
Feb 18 #5 LOU
Feb 21 PITT
Feb 24 @ #13 ND
Feb 28 @#2 DUKE
Mar 2 vs #3 UVA

This 6 game stretch is going to be fun.

Reminds me of the old BE. Where you can take a 6 game stretch of the schedule and legitimately say it would be easier to in a NC than to win all those games.

if Iowa is our best win on our resume, we have ZERO chance to make the tourney. Thats not my opinion. Thats the grim reality.

Reminds me of the old BE. Where you can take a 6 game stretch of the schedule and legitimately say it would be easier to in a NC than to win all those games.

yeah, after my post i thought maybe we had stretches like this in the Big East all the time... but i dunno. If these teams are all still ranked that high, wow.

if Iowa is our best win on our resume, we have ZERO chance to make the tourney. Thats not my opinion. Thats the grim reality.

Actually that is an opinion, and that's a fact! ;)

yeah, after my post i thought maybe we had stretches like this in the Big East all the time... but i dunno. If these teams are all still ranked that high, wow.

Maybe not 3 teams in the top 5 but there were deeper stretches. I remember maybe 7 of 10 against ranked teams and the other 3 being tough as well. There were also a couple years where the BE had 2 1 seeds and 3 teams in competition for them where the conference was absolutely brutal.

I might disagree with your opinion sometimes, but I always agree with your Avatar!

Last edited:
Maybe not 3 teams in the top 5 but there were deeper stretches. I remember maybe 7 of 10 against ranked teams and the other 3 being tough as well. There were also a couple years where the BE had 2 1 seeds and 3 teams in competition for them where the conference was absolutely brutal.
And L'vlle is simply not a top 5 team this year - doesn't mean I don't think it'll be really really hard to beat them, but they're just not that good this year.

And L'vlle is simply not a top 5 team this year - doesn't mean I don't think it'll be really really hard to beat them, but they're just not that good this year.

There aren't really 5 great teams this year at all. I agree and really beating a top 10 team whom is not Duke or UK is not as impressive as usual. look what happened to #10 at home last night.

There aren't really 5 great teams this year at all. I agree and really beating a top 10 team whom is not Duke or UK is not as impressive as usual. look what happened to #10 at home last night.
yeah I'm willing to say there are 4 upper-echelon teams right now - Duke, UK, Wiscy, UVA - and after that a bunch of good teams

yeah I'm willing to say there are 4 upper-echelon teams right now - Duke, UK, Wiscy, UVA - and after that a bunch of good teams

I'm not sold on Wisci and UVA being much if any better than AZ and Gonza. Granted I've watched less than any season in the past 10 so I may be wrong but I kind of see those four a step behind Duke all in a group.

Louisville doesn't scare me this year. Watching them they don't score the ball easily and their outside shooting is not great. Harrell will get his points but at the Dome I think we can beat Louisville, Pitt. I think Duke and UVA will be tough. We aren't going to win @Duke or @Notre Dame.

We look like an NCAA team. We aren't a NC contender we need to realize losing games in the regular season is fine. Just make the Tournament and look forward to playing a new team and enjoy the season.

I'm not sold on Wisci and UVA being much if any better than AZ and Gonza. Granted I've watched less than any season in the past 10 so I may be wrong but I kind of see those four a step behind Duke all in a group.
Wisconsin and Virginia are great teams because they are smart teams which play team basketball and most importantly don't turn the ball over. They get shots up on offense and don't beat themselves. I think both of these teams will be playing in the Elite Eight to get to the Final Four in March.

Duke turns the ball over more than Wisconsin and UVA. I think Duke has the most upside of any non-UK team. Gonzaga has the depth and size to be an interesting team in March, but they always underachieve it seems.

I might disagree with your opinion sometimes, but I always agree with your Avatar!

It was time for a change. Kate Upton Avatar version of me hates Cooney and seems to disagree with everyone.

Brooklyn Decker Avatar version of me loves everything SU.. Go Trevor Go !!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom