Final 9 Game Stretch This Year... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Final 9 Game Stretch This Year...

Wisconsin and Virginia are great teams because they are smart teams which play team basketball and most importantly don't turn the ball over. They get shots up on offense and don't beat themselves. I think both of these teams will be playing in the Elite Eight to get to the Final Four in March.

Duke turns the ball over more than Wisconsin and UVA. I think Duke has the most upside of any non-UK team. Gonzaga has the depth and size to be an interesting team in March, but they always underachieve it seems.

I actually think Wisci is a team that is about as good as they will be right now and that the one drawback. Virginia is in that boat a little bit as well. Gonzaga isn't playing anyone again till the tourney and I agree their good teams have under achieved. Duke should continue to improve as the season goes along.

If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best.

I know there is a small prestige factor associated with making the Tourney and keeping the streak alive but, if we're not playing well enough to go .500+ over the last 9 games, what's the point of being in the NCAAT? Making the NCAAT with a Sweet 16 loss being considered an overachievement does nothing for me.
That's what she said

If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best.

I know there is a small prestige factor associated with making the Tourney and keeping the streak alive but, if we're not playing well enough to go .500+ over the last 9 games, what's the point of being in the NCAAT? Making the NCAAT with a Sweet 16 loss being considered an overachievement does nothing for me.

Sorry. I disagree with this. I will take a sweet 16 loss over an NIT bid. The tournament, especially its start, just does not hold any magic for me when we are not in it. Thankfully.. it has almost always been magical.

Sorry. I disagree with this. I will take a sweet 16 loss over an NIT bid. The tournament, especially its start, just does not hold any magic for me when we are not in it. Thankfully.. it has almost always been magical.

I'd definitely take a Sweet 16 loss, or Round of 32 loss, or 1st round loss in the NCAAT over an NIT bid. That's not what I was saying. I was, more or less, arguing that there's no point debating whether or not we should make the NCAAT if we can't win more games in the final 9 than we lose. Being in the NCAAT with no chance at winning it is a letdown, not quite as big a letdown as going to the NIT, but still a letdown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom