Final Count on New Season Ticket Sales | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Final Count on New Season Ticket Sales

How Many New Season Tickets Added by Clemson Kickoff?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You know...I'm secretly hoping the Dome inside is only in the upper 70's at gametime...49K+ will make it unbearable if the 14th is really hot n humid.

Cuse better get a decibel meter setup for the ABC broadcast
319 felt like the surface of the sun for FSU last year. I know care taker was feeling it too

You know...I'm secretly hoping the Dome inside is only in the upper 70's at gametime...49K+ will make it unbearable if the 14th is really hot n humid.

Cuse better get a decibel meter setup for the ABC broadcast
I’d love it if they could put a decibel meter image on the big screens during third downs or something and underneath it say LOUDER!!!! And watch the meter rise as the crowd gets more into it

Just want to give Connor and Justin from the Ticket Sales and Service department a shout out... They were able to secure me 5 season tickets in the section I was looking for this late in the game. Super easy process!

Last edited:
Gotta be less then 750 tickets left right?

Only resale tickets on ticketmaster, prices are increasing on stubhub and vivid seats which leads me to believe they are moving.

its hard to say.. there were over 3000 tickets on stubhub 2-3 weeks ago.. there are still round 3000 on their right now. maybe not the same 3000 tickets as some try to cash in and make money

its hard to say.. there were over 3000 tickets on stubhub 2-3 weeks ago.. there are still round 3000 on their right now. maybe not the same 3000 tickets as some try to cash in and make money
I’m talking seasons. They said less then a thousand left and I’m sure everyone buying them isn’t re-selling them

I know a lot of people who tried buying them in hopes of selling clemson to break even and the rest as a profit maker.. just like the Duke BBall game.
Show-rate will be extremely interesting for the non-Clemson games this season. If it's really low, I could see the AD institute a cap on season tickets per account to try and limit brokers. I'd also be interested to hear if SU has an exclusive broker deal.

Show-rate will be extremely interesting for the non-Clemson games this season. If it's really low, I could see the AD institute a cap on season tickets per account to try and limit brokers. I'd also be interested to hear if SU has an exclusive broker deal. Well maybe high no show for HC and WM
Once again, if Syracuse is good that will work itself out

I had purchased a group of 15 in 308 for $40 each earlier this year. Four people canceled so I put them on SU's resale site on Ticketmaster for the suggested price of $92 several months ago. I just dropped the price to $82(the lowest price on Ticketmaster)...and they sold within a week, for a net gain of $135. i'm pleased. Looking forward to Maryland and Clemson...in person!

Once again, if Syracuse is good that will work itself out
Yes and no. Even if we go 10-2 again, if the demand for the crappy games isn't there it could crater secondary market prices, which in turn means a lot of the new buyers will see $6 tickets on Stubhub and wonder where the value is in season tickets. I've seen it play out before, it's a delicate ecosystem.

I don't see it being a huge problem this season, but it's something that has to be carefully monitored if you're a director of ticket sales.

I know a lot of people who tried buying them in hopes of selling clemson to break even and the rest as a profit maker.. just like the Duke BBall game.

Well...hopefully there aren’t as many “Clemson fans” in Upstate NY, like there are “Duke fans”.

If they travel well and bring a ton, awesome.

But seeing those Upstate NY toolbags who’ve never been to Durham in their lives scattered around the Dome in every section is annoying. Those types seem to root for Notre Dame in football though, so we should be safe.

Show-rate will be extremely interesting for the non-Clemson games this season. If it's really low, I could see the AD institute a cap on season tickets per account to try and limit brokers. I'd also be interested to hear if SU has an exclusive broker deal.

They could start by not allowing Ticketmaster to hold back and scalp 100’s of tickets.

They could start by not allowing Ticketmaster to hold back and scalp 100’s of tickets.
Could also be the school scalping those tickets - quite odd that entire top halves of sections have every seat for resale.

I think at the end of the day, what is so exciting to this grad of 1999...I cant wait for my kids to see what was, what once again is, and what always should be. A full loud house and a very good program on the field. 9K new tix...9500...no matter. Silver will be rare (note to people in the upper corners...manspread and make it rarer, K?) and its going to be a wild ride.

I’d love it if they could put a decibel meter image on the big screens during third downs or something and underneath it say LOUDER!!!! And watch the meter rise as the crowd gets more into it
They do that already on 3rd downs on the ribbon board I believe. Not sure if it a true decibel meter or just a graphic.

Could also be the school scalping those tickets - quite odd that entire top halves of sections have every seat for resale.

Back in my day...

In the 3rd level basically anything above row O was up for grabs for group tickets. There are plenty of people who have seasons above O in the 3rd level sidelines but yeah - brokers loved those seats

As I said, would love to know if SU has an exclusive broker deal, because based on that they do.

As I said, would love to know if SU has an exclusive broker deal, because based on that they do.
Is it typical for large athletic departments and professional teams to have exclusive broker deals? Do we think that SU never had one in the past, or maybe never sold enough tickets for us to notice?