Final Count on New Season Ticket Sales | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Final Count on New Season Ticket Sales

How Many New Season Tickets Added by Clemson Kickoff?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think at the end of the day, what is so exciting to this grad of 1999...I cant wait for my kids to see what was, what once again is, and what always should be. A full loud house and a very good program on the field. 9K new tix...9500...no matter. Silver will be rare (note to people in the upper corners...manspread and make it rarer, K?) and its going to be a wild ride.
Same here my two younger kids have never seen a packed Dome for football. Really looking forward to it.

Is it typical for large athletic departments and professional teams to have exclusive broker deals? Do we think that SU never had one in the past, or maybe never sold enough tickets for us to notice?
Depends. I'd be surprised if they had one over the past decade, it would make more sense for them to have had multiple brokers. But after last season, it would've made sense for them to set up a deal. I'd say its pretty commonplace in the industry.

Depends. I'd be surprised if they had one over the past decade, it would make more sense for them to have had multiple brokers. But after last season, it would've made sense for them to set up a deal. I'd say its pretty commonplace in the industry.

are you saying its common place to have a deal that condones scalping? that just blows my mind.

are you saying its common place to have a deal that condones scalping? that just blows my mind.
It's more of a situation where the tickets are going to be purchased by brokers on the secondary market anyways, so why not have a bit of inventory control?

It's more of a situation where the tickets are going to be purchased by brokers on the secondary market anyways, so why not have a bit of inventory control?

nothing personal but that's a lame excuse. has su announced single game tix are sold out? yes. are there su fans still wanting to buy Clemson single game tix? yes. they are now forced to pay more than face value. sad.

Im guessing momentum’s slowed, ive not heard anything in a week

Just a rough estimate - there are around 4800 tickets for “resale” through Ticketmaster for the Clemson game. 3,977 for sale on StubHub - I have a feeling there will be a lot of empty seats on the TV side in the Upper Deck next Saturday.

Just a rough estimate - there are around 4800 tickets for “resale” through Ticketmaster for the Clemson game. 3,977 for sale on StubHub - I have a feeling there will be a lot of empty seats on the TV side in the Upper Deck next Saturday.
Not if we beat Maryland. 2-0 with Gameday would have people buying tickets like crazy

4800+3977 for sale? Im assuming (maybe incorrectly) that most of the tickets are on all of the sites? So maybe like 4800 total for sale?

4800+3977 for sale? Im assuming (maybe incorrectly) that most of the tickets are on all of the sites? So maybe like 4800 total for sale?
I would think that there are some duplicates in there on both sites - I do think the university is scalping some of the inventory on Ticketmaster so probably 5500 total seats left.

Ticketmaster will reduce prices?

i dont think there are 4800 tickets for sale... i think there are 4800 resale tickets on ticketmaster. so yes those can be reduced assuming that is the case.

but im pretty sure they announced clemson was sold out for single game and less than 1000 season tickets available. so while those were "true" yet some were held back, not THAT many would have been held back.

i dont think there are 4800 tickets for sale... i think there are 4800 resale tickets on ticketmaster. so yes those can be reduced assuming that is the case.

but im pretty sure they announced clemson was sold out for single game and less than 1000 season tickets available. so while those were "true" yet some were held back, not THAT many would have been held back.

Yea, it’s the same large block of tix available on multiple sites.

It’s disgusting
As I mentioned before, I don't know IF SU has a broker deal. They might not.

If they don't, then this is probably people who purchased group tickets with the intent of reselling to make their money back, new ST holders trying to pay for their STs for the season, and brokers who finally saw an opportunity to make some money on SU football. Most of what I've said is speculation.

As I mentioned before, I don't know IF SU has a broker deal. They might not.

If they don't, then this is probably people who purchased group tickets with the intent of reselling to make their money back, new ST holders trying to pay for their STs for the season, and brokers who finally saw an opportunity to make some money on SU football. Most of what I've said is speculation.

Well you can eliminate some of those. They are huge sections of seats and there was a limit of 8.

Well you can eliminate some of those. They are huge sections of seats and there was a limit of 8.
Limit of 8 on single tickets, not groups. Easily could have had someone call in, order 100 group tickets and resell them.