Final Fours since 2013 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Final Fours since 2013

In my eyes, we have 1 LEGIT FF since 2013. Now you might say “well, they are all legit cause they are in the final four blah blah” No. Our last Final Four was luck. We should have never made it that far. We barely squeaked it out against Zaga, and then had Virginia fall ice cold. Then we got run over by UNC. The 2013 FF was one we made off of pure talent/skill. The last time we had real great talent. Should have won the NC that year but we’ll save that discussion for another day.
You're just dropping turds all over the place today.

How about the guy who wanted legal advice because a fortune teller's love potion didn't work for him. That still ranks as #1

Is that thread retrievable? I was the poster who immediately confronted him. I'd like to see it again.

Is that thread retrievable? I was the poster who immediately confronted him. I'd like to see it again.
No idea. poor guy. Hasn't been seen since

Different board. To my knowledge, it exists only in our memories.

In my eyes, we have 1 LEGIT FF since 2013. Now you might say “well, they are all legit cause they are in the final four blah blah” No. Our last Final Four was luck. We should have never made it that far. We barely squeaked it out against Zaga, and then had Virginia fall ice cold. Then we got run over by UNC. The 2013 FF was one we made off of pure talent/skill. The last time we had real great talent. Should have won the NC that year but we’ll save that discussion for another day.
images

This thread and the thread about ACC wins after the 25-0 start (like our first conference wins weren't important) are ridiculous talk about moving the goal posts. OP where are we with Final Fours since 2004?.

I'd love to see Battle come back as a senior since Duke, UNC, and UVA are going to lose a ton and we could rip the conference a new one with him and hes not going first round. Unless we make a final four and he goes off.

This thread and the thread about ACC wins after the 25-0 start (like our first conference wins weren't important) are ridiculous talk about moving the goal posts. OP where are we with Final Fours since 2004?.

I'd love to see Battle come back as a senior since Duke, UNC, and UVA are going to lose a ton and we could rip the conference a new one with him and hes not going first round. Unless we make a final four and he goes off.

Well since you asked:
Since 1985 (when tournament expanded): we are tied for 6th most Final Fours
Duke has 12 Final Fours
UNC 10, Kansas 9, Kentucky 8, MSU 7
then Cuse, Florida and uconn with 5

so over the longest period and the shortest period we are in really high standing. My time window was in direct response to the time frame used by the 25-0 poster

Cuse!

Well since you asked:
Since 1985 (when tournament expanded): we are tied for 6th most Final Fours
Duke has 12 Final Fours
UNC 10, Kansas 9, Kentucky 8, MSU 7
then Cuse, Florida and uconn with 5

so over the longest period and the shortest period we are in really high standing. My time window was in direct response to the time frame used by the 25-0 poster

Cuse!

Fair enough.

I think we are on the cusp of another 25-0 regular season. IMO if Bazely came I don't think he'd be a savior but I think Brissett would have had a MUCH better season and we aren't getting embarrassed in MSG early on.

I think next year UVA, UNC, and Duke will lose so much that if Tyus doesn't leave to likely go undrafted we can rip this league a new one and have a 25-0 type regular season.

But honestly I want another FF this year. Don't blow it round one, pull an upset round 2, and the next 2 games shouldn't be that bad especially if we aren't in the same region as those 3 or if they duck out early.

you need new eyes

this might be the worst take ive ever read on this board.

We beat 4 teams in the NCAAT.
We got revenge on the team that beat us the previous year(Dayton).
We beat a team we should have beaten by 15+.
We beat a Gonzaga team with a lottery pick and 2 other studs.
We beat a 1 seed in the Elite 8.
That run was a legitimate as any run.
Be frustrated all you want about the current state of program but do not try to delegitimize the work of our players from 2016.
That Final Four run was legit.
But Al, everybody tries to do this. It has to be the truth. The program is failing even though its had a FF and a Sweet 16 since that 25-0 start that people want to discount becaus ie of a horrible season finish. Those things were done by smoke and mirrors, not hard work by all involved.

you need new eyes

this might be the worst take ive ever read on this board.

I'm with you all this overanalysis.

Lets just play ball when it matters. This league is tough though once we put up 11 wins tomorrow we will have done pretty well all things considered and we've looked good against the top dogs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom