Class of 2014 - final rating | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 final rating

No way. Kid is not a Hallmon type. I think he's ours.

Hope you are right and that we can get all these talented wr's to sign, I'm looking forward to the take it to the house crew we have coming in!

Yeah.. Cuse can be like ND and show up on Ishs' doorstep at 7am Wed.;)
images

Win lose or draw it won't be for a lack of trying. In this day of social media at least we know our staff has thrown everything and the kitchen sink at trying to win recruits and that's all we can ask for.

Win lose or draw it won't be for a lack of trying. In this day of social media at least we know our staff has thrown everything and the kitchen sink at trying to win recruits and that's all we can ask for.

Agreed...and after Feb 5th we have to do our part and fill that dome with all kinds of Orange.

True statement, Phat, but I have come to expect a more vehement win posture from you regarding situations such as these. LOL.

I think in this brave new world of the ACC recruiting is all relative- I am very excited about the class being brought in also but how does it compare to the rest of our conference? I will feel even better when we are putting a little more distance between ourselves and everybody else not named Clemson/Florida St.
In my opinion, currently FSU, Clemson, Miami and Va. Tech are the top 4 recruiting programs in the ACC due to various reasons. At this time, everyone else is chasing and we are in the thick of it talent-wise with the other 10 programs. More sustained on the field success will help to move us up toward the top of the second tier versus falling to the bottom. Gonna be a dog fight each and every year both on and off the field.

I feel like Ish's coaches don't want him here. Supposedly they never wanted him to commit, which is why he's been ours but not really ours for so long now.

Wonder what's up with that.
What makes you fell that?

What makes you fell that?
Well, turns out I was totally wrong, but I thought I remember hearing that his coaches were advising him to hold off on making a commitment public even though he was all kinds of Orange. Silent verbals are generally suspect to me.

Cuse (2* - 7, 3* - 15, 4* - 1...2.74 grade #55) and Rutgers (2* - 8, 3* - 16, 4* - 0...2.67 grade #52).
Based on quality of players, why does Skout still have RU higher ranked than SU?
Hopefully after tomorrow, the Cuse will crack the top 50.

Cuse (2* - 7, 3* - 15, 4* - 1...2.74 grade #55) and Rutgers (2* - 8, 3* - 16, 4* - 0...2.67 grade #52).
Based on quality of players, why does Skout still have RU higher ranked than SU?
Hopefully after tomorrow, the Cuse will crack the top 50.

Because they use a stupid point system.

As the player rankings stand now, if we add Ward and Samuels tomorrow, we will be ranked 8th in the ACC and 39th in the country according to 247 sports composite rankings. Great job by the staff. I think this might be the best recruiting staff ever assembled at Cuse. If they re-rank some of our players that most of us will agree are grossly underrated, we could possibly move up higher than that. First full recruiting season for the new staff, and we are top 40-50 (depending on where you look). Very exciting times ahead gang!

you guys should not even look at the sites and just watch the production on the field over the next 4-5 years.

Although I do agree with this sentiment, as any Cuse fan should based on our past success (underrecuited) and failures (high rankings that dont pan out) with recruits, rankings matter for perception purposes. Great players want to play with each other. It's exciting for the recruits and gives the perception to other fans that our staff is for real.

you guys should not even look at the sites and just watch the production on the field over the next 4-5 years.
Let's not over rate our recruits just because they are ours. I think we've turned a corner with this recruiting class and am excited, but we have to continue and even improve our recruiting to compete against strong ACC teams. Let's not settle for 7-6 or even 8-5 seasons and recruit well every year to get back to the days of 10-2 seasons.

Let's not over rate our recruits just because they are ours. I think we've turned a corner with this recruiting class and am excited, but we have to continue and even improve our recruiting to compete against strong ACC teams. Let's not settle for 7-6 or even 8-5 seasons and recruit well every year to get back to the days of 10-2 seasons.
I'm not overrating anyone. I use the recruiting sites to see what kids are saying, check their offers, and watch their tapes. The stars? Couldn't care less. I don't care if skout thinks our class is better or worse than BC's. I know our staff evaluates kids separately and not on what Mike Farrell or Brian Dohn thinks about them.

I think we've jumped up to #51 over at rvls. Ahead of Buttgers who's down to #57 I believe. If we get Ward and Sameuls that will bump us to about #45 over there. Not bad considering a number of our prospects are numerically under-rated by their measure.

I can care less about Rutgirls. 'Cuse needs to out recruit NC State BC etc...
We need to care if we want to be relevent in NJ. I would rather we focus there as that is a hotbed talent area. Once Rutgers is down, like a UFC match, we need to smash in their face so they don't get back up for a long, long time.

I'm not overrating anyone. I use the recruiting sites to see what kids are saying, check their offers, and watch their tapes. The stars? Couldn't care less. I don't care if skout thinks our class is better or worse than BC's. I know our staff evaluates kids separately and not on what Mike Farrell or Brian Dohn thinks about them.
You must be responding to some other post. I didn't mention stars nor Mike Farrell or Brian Dohn. You did. I'm looking at what other offers they have of ALL our players including the ones we lost. That's what the college coaches think of them. Very good class and we need to keep it up so we succeed in the future. Sometime we think no one else recruits anyone else. Other staffs evaluate players too. I'm sure in their heart of hearts SU coaches would have wanted some other players that they didn't get and had to settle for others. That's why they recruited them yet lost their commit. Onward and Upward. I guess its just being a fan to think our team is doing better than everyone else. Just keep in mind at some point we need to continually beat Georgia Tech, Clemson, and Florida State in recruiting top players to ultimately beat them on the field. Judging recruiting from your own myopic view means nothing unless comparing to what your competition is doing. I do like the start to that journey.

You must be responding to some other post. I didn't mention stars nor Mike Farrell or Brian Dohn. You did. I'm looking at what other offers they have of ALL our players including the ones we lost. That's what the college coaches think of them. Very good class and we need to keep it up so we succeed in the future. Sometime we think no one else recruits anyone else. Other staffs evaluate players too. I'm sure in their heart of hearts SU coaches would have wanted some other players that they didn't get and had to settle for others. That's why they recruited them yet lost their commit. Onward and Upward. I guess its just being a fan to think our team is doing better than everyone else. Just keep in mind at some point we need to continually beat Georgia Tech, Clemson, and Florida State in recruiting top players to ultimately beat them on the field. Judging recruiting from your own myopic view means nothing unless comparing to what your competition is doing. I do like the start to that journey.
Did Boise State ever beat Oklahoma in recruiting? We don't need to beat them in recruiting. We need to beat them in gameplanning and coaching and bring in kids that can execute that gameplan better than they can. Hence why I don't care where our recruits are rated or where our class is rated.

You said in your first post that we need to continually keep improving our recruiting class, and I'm saying what are you basing that off of? The rankings on Skout? A kid's offer list which is usually a bit fabricated (i.e. Deion Hallmon or our best offer list under Doug in Max Beaulieu)? I'm not overrating any of our guys, I'm looking at what I see on the tape and I'll see how a guy looks 2/3 years or how they look in practice.

The flaw with skout

Ish commits and they give us forty points ... they didnt even follow their own ranking system. He should have been 54 points which bumps us up further

Sudano said:
your drunk don't need best out fsu and Clemson to beat them... Yea having a 71st overall class like last year to their top 10 hurts but if can stay in 40s range it's up to coaching after that. We are getting better players so I expect us to be more competitive and win some of these games soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom