Class of 2014 - final rating | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 final rating

You must be responding to some other post. I didn't mention stars nor Mike Farrell or Brian Dohn. You did. I'm looking at what other offers they have of ALL our players including the ones we lost. That's what the college coaches think of them. Very good class and we need to keep it up so we succeed in the future. Sometime we think no one else recruits anyone else. Other staffs evaluate players too. I'm sure in their heart of hearts SU coaches would have wanted some other players that they didn't get and had to settle for others. That's why they recruited them yet lost their commit. Onward and Upward. I guess its just being a fan to think our team is doing better than everyone else. Just keep in mind at some point we need to continually beat Georgia Tech, Clemson, and Florida State in recruiting top players to ultimately beat them on the field. Judging recruiting from your own myopic view means nothing unless comparing to what your competition is doing. I do like the start to that journey.
I understand the sentiment but one does not need to finish better than Rutgers in overall ratings that is merely a predictor to do that. To take NJ or to take your share back all you'll need to do is win.

Did Boise State ever beat Oklahoma in recruiting? We don't need to beat them in recruiting. We need to beat them in gameplanning and coaching and bring in kids that can execute that gameplan better than they can. Hence why I don't care where our recruits are rated or where our class is rated.

You said in your first post that we need to continually keep improving our recruiting class, and I'm saying what are you basing that off of? The rankings on Skout? A kid's offer list which is usually a bit fabricated (i.e. Deion Hallmon or our best offer list under Doug in Max Beaulieu)? I'm not overrating any of our guys, I'm looking at what I see on the tape and I'll see how a guy looks 2/3 years or how they look in practice.
Of course there are exemptions to the rule but that doesn't negate the rule. There are statistical outliers. Its a mistake to completely negate the ratings just as its a mistake to think they are 100% accurate. My point wasn't to get into the 'star debate'. This recruiting class is a good class and yet our continued success won't be tied to any single player or this class itself. Its about continually out recruiting our competition year after year after year.

your drunk don't need best out fsu and Clemson to beat them... Yea having a 71st overall class like last year to their top 10 hurts but if can stay in 40s range it's up to coaching after that. We are getting better players so I expect us to be more competitive and win some of these games soon.
If I'm drunk, you must be on heroin.

I understand the sentiment but one does not need to finish better than Rutgers in overall ratings that is merely a predictor to do that. To take NJ or to take your share back all you'll need to do is win.
At some point we do. And we will, Year after year after year...

your drunk don't need best out fsu and Clemson to beat them...

Judging by the games against them, we need a lot better to stay on the same field as them...

I love this recruiting class, mainly b/c we got so many of our A-list guys. But, we will need to do this for another couple years before we have the talent to compete for the division title year in and year out.

Excited to see what this staff does with an easier start to the season and McDonald getting more of his pieces in.

I think we've jumped up to #51 over at rvls. Ahead of Buttgers who's down to #57 I believe. If we get Ward and Sameuls that will bump us to about #45 over there. Not bad considering a number of our prospects are numerically under-rated by their measure.

Just went to Rivals and the front page pic and story is on Nile Sykes. Ugh.

Just went to Rivals and the front page pic and story is on Nile Sykes. Ugh.

Rest assured, if he was our commit he wouldn't be on the front page. All the more reason to destroy some golden domers next season.

Interesting discussion, but I'm wondering if "Sudano" is Nick Sudano... played fullback for us about 20+ years ago?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom