FINE MESS TAILGATE: CHECK-IN (POTLUCK) | Syracusefan.com

FINE MESS TAILGATE: CHECK-IN (POTLUCK)

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Where: Corner of Henry and Raynor in the Fine Lot. We are set up closest to that intersection. If you do not have a parking pass you can drive in the Lot and drop stuff off your stuff as long as it isn't busy.

When: We'll officially kickoff at 4 pm (Weather, upper 70s and low 80s with no rain)
(We were hoping for earlier but SU actually do not want us there until 5pm)

This tailgate is a basic potluck affair.

Equipment:

Canopy w/weight plates: Cuseregular and TexanMark will each provide a Canopy. We shouldn't need any others.

Grills: Cuseregular (car grill), Me (Ant Bailey), JeremyCuse (Bring your grill please)
(Grill People bring your own tongs)

Plates, Napkins, Plasticware, Cups, hand santizer: TexanMark I have a pretty good supply left over from last year.

Tables: Small Aluminum Table (TexanMark), large foldable Table (Cuseregular), I'd like two more folding tables (please volunteer one if you park in the Fine Lot)

Coolers/Ice: Fine Mess Cooler (Cuseregular), Extra Med-Large (TexanMark) We'll need more coolers with ice.

Tailgate Games: Bean Bag (TexanMark), Others (Chime in)

ALL: Check In with what equipment and Food/Drink you will be bringing. If you are flying in for the game and can't bring anything please leave an appropraite donation to Cuseregular.

FOOD:
TexanMark: 3lbs Hoffman Snappy Grillers, 16 NE Style Hot Dog Rolls, Potato Salad, Ketchup, Mustard, Salt n Pepper, 12 pack of Beer

FINE LOT EXIT PLAN
FINE:
• Exit out the main east entrance, turning right onto Henry Street.
• Turn left onto Standart Street.
• At stop sign turn right onto Stadium Pl.
• At next stop sign turn right onto Oakland St.
• Turn right at end onto Fine View Pl.

I will be there and will have either the Ant Bailey Grill or the newer Adam Harris, not sure yet.
Will also have a good size table and some food that I am still coordinating with my better half. Will have a cooler but probably wont have room so I wouldnt count it towards the group.

I know rules are made to be broken, but I hope everyone doesn't get there at 4 only to find they have to leave until 5. Taking the chance?

I know rules are made to be broken, but I hope everyone doesn't get there at 4 only to find they have to leave until 5. Taking the chance?

Well I figure Mark will be there first so maybe he can text a few of us Me, Mike, you etc to see where we are at or post it on the board if they are allowing him in. It all depends on who the parking attendant is, most are easy going so thats why I am not to concerned but your right theres no guarantee.

Well I figure Mark will be there first so maybe he can text a few of us Me, Mike, you etc to see where we are at or post it on the board if they are allowing him in. It all depends on who the parking attendant is, most are easy going so thats why I am not to concerned but your right theres no guarantee.

Not worried about the attendant because he likes us...we feed him. More worried about SU saying police will direct traffic before and after the game. I'll probably split the difference and get there at 430.

Not sure its the same guy this year, they have been changing up the attendants since Lax season.
I doubt the cops will be up there that early to direct they usually get there 2 hours before the game starts.

I'm just going off the Washington game experience in '07...they said the same type of thing. The lot was nearly empty an hour before the time they stated back then. I'm showing up at 4 and will work around any parked cars as best I can. I understand Thursday might be different than Friday was in '07 but I bet the lot is pretty empty.

I heard the Lot was resurfaced. Hopefully we still have some grass on the sides of the lot.

Mark, I will bring a small aluminum table and a cooler, filled with ice and soda. I am bringing three friends, all who will be eating and they all want to know, as I do, what we should bring. Anything specific you need?

I have never been to a tailgate at an SU game tailgate. I am a second season, season ticket holder and will be bringing a vet buddy to most of the games, so I am not sure how things are done up here in the North. I would love to possibly stop by and meet some of y'all "Fine" people in the Fine lot. Would "Finnies"work? If not this go around some time during the season. Should I wear a name tag or maybe an orange so that y'all know it's me? My parking pass is over at Manely so I would be trecking over.

Di and may plan to be there if I can manuver the walker up the hill. I'll post tomorrow on what we can bring.

I can do potato chips. It's probably too warm for donuts (and we were 0-3 when I brought donuts last year). :)

I have never been to a tailgate at an SU game tailgate. I am a second season, season ticket holder and will be bringing a vet buddy to most of the games, so I am not sure how things are done up here in the North. I would love to possibly stop by and meet some of y'all "Fine" people in the Fine lot. Would "Finnies"work? If not this go around some time during the season. Should I wear a name tag or maybe an orange so that y'all know it's me? My parking pass is over at Manely so I would be trecking over.

Yes you can walk down from the Dome...just bring some beer if you like of throw a few bucks to the chef.

I can do potato chips. It's probably too warm for donuts (and we were 0-3 when I brought donuts last year). :)
Maybe a bag of chips and a bag of pretzel rods along with a 6 pack of the beverage of your choice

Maybe a bag of chips and a bag of pretzel rods along with a 6 pack of the beverage of your choice

No getaway day specials? When do the velvet ropes come in? :)

Hope people like Blue Light.

Texan Mark: Grills: Cuseregular (car grill)

Mark it is officially known as the Jason Bromley

I have to teach until 3:40 in Newhouse and don't plan on going back home before tailgating. Therefore, I'll bring cash.

I have to teach until 3:40 in Newhouse and don't plan on going back home before tailgating. Therefore, I'll bring cash.

Bring lots of it.

Bring lots of it.

LOL. I am going to stop up there when I get out of work this afternoon and see what kind of shape the area is in. I hope its not as bad as it sounds with all of the construction.

Kills me I can't make this one, so excited for the season.

Sorry to hear you cant make it Q, sounds like we may have a pretty good turnout. Hopefully you can make the Rhode Island game.

Sorry to say it but I dont think I'll be making the first one. When I told my kid we might be going he got a little sad. When I asked him what's wrong he told me he really enjoys playing football with me on the grass and running around up at skytop. I know time is short with the little one's so I'm going to enjoy Daddy time as much as possible while I can. I'll probably catch you guys for the board tailgate. Have fun at the fine mess and Go Cuse!

Sorry to hear you cant make it Q, sounds like we may have a pretty good turnout. Hopefully you can make the Rhode Island game.

I didn't buy season tix this year but we were still planning to come to most of the games. The school I work at and the town was completely flooded so I'm going to be helping with the cleanup Thursday. If I lived closer I could hop in the car and make the game but I'll just be making it home to watch the game.