Fine Mess Tailgate Group (TV?) | Syracusefan.com

Fine Mess Tailgate Group (TV?)

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
I'm going to elevate our tailgate experience. I'm going to put together a Marine Battery, Power invertor and antenna to pull in OTA channels like 3, 5 + 9. I'm not totally sure we can get a good Digital signal so does someone in the Fine Mess have a 19-32" LED or LCD TV you can bring out to the tailgate? Hopefully one that isn't your primary TV and it is just collecting dust.

Send me a PM. Thanks.

I'm going to elevate our tailgate experience. I'm going to put together a Marine Battery, Power invertor and antenna to pull in OTA channels like 3, 5 + 9. I'm not totally sure we can get a good Digital signal so does someone in the Fine Mess have a 19-32" LED or LCD TV you can bring out to the tailgate? Hopefully one that isn't your primary TV and it is just collecting dust.

Send me a PM. Thanks.

Great idea Mark. Wish I had an extra TV I could provide but between all of our members I am sure one of us will have an extra. Would be great to pick up a few games especially for our later starts.

Great idea Mark. Wish I had an extra TV I could provide but between all of our members I am sure one of us will have an extra. Would be great to pick up a few games especially for our later starts.
That is what I'm thinking...we can get the early kickoffs on CNY Central and ABC. No need to get a Dish at this point. Baby steps.

That is what I'm thinking...we can get the early kickoffs on CNY Central and ABC. No need to get a Dish at this point. Baby steps.

Exactly, between CBS, ABC and CNY central should be able to pull at least 1 game. Also due to the Watch ESPN App we might be able to use an Ipad or Laptop to feed the game to the TV.

Exactly, between CBS, ABC and CNY central should be able to pull at least 1 game. Also due to the Watch ESPN App we might be able to use an Ipad or Laptop to feed the game to the TV.
Yes sir...there is WiFi on campus. Need someone with unlimited data.

all you need is one person with a sling box and you will have unlimited channels . send that to a cell phone and done.

for what its worth you can run the dish box and tv off a car battery and inverter with no problem for hours. the new tv's draw way less power.

our setup at manley used a dish mounted on a 2x8, took 20 secs to set up and no hole.

but really skip the tv, get a cheap projector and project onto your tent wall.. 10x10 picture , send it thru the window of the nearest car and you have no weather issues .

all you need is one person with a sling box and you will have unlimited channels . send that to a cell phone and done.

for what its worth you can run the dish box and tv off a car battery and inverter with no problem for hours. the new tv's draw way less power.

our setup at manley used a dish mounted on a 2x8, took 20 secs to set up and no hole.

but really skip the tv, get a cheap projector and project onto your tent wall.. 10x10 picture , send it thru the window of the nearest car and you have no weather issues .

Great ideas.

I have a 12" B&W analog TV you can use Mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He uses it to watch classic Liverpool soccer games with his son. Who could forget that thrilling 1-0 overtime win over RFA in 1992 before Griffis Air Force Base closed. All 16 people in attendance will never get that instant classic.

Is that one of the first TVs?

Could be a good lead, Mark...I am sure it is had only one owner...Although the Smithsonian may want it...

I still have the little 19" I had at school somewhere. I'd happily donate it to the Fine Mess, but I don't think I'll be up there until Clemson.

He uses it to watch classic Liverpool soccer games with his son. Who could forget that thrilling 1-0 overtime win over RFA in 1992 before Griffis Air Force Base closed. All 16 people in attendance will never get that instant classic.

That was a great game.

What's a marine battery ...

Jarhead Jim on a treadmill? :D
LOL...I could picture that...all we need to do is wire up his Biceps with electrial leads and give him 12 ouncers to curl...that would surely run a 60" Plasma

I still have the little 19" I had at school somewhere. I'd happily donate it to the Fine Mess, but I don't think I'll be up there until Clemson.
Sounds great...you going to MetLife by car? You could give it to me there. Don't forget the remote too.

Sounds great...you going to MetLife by car? You could give it to me there. Don't forget the remote too.

Yup, I'll be there. I'll try to remember to bring it. Not sure if I'm gonna be at the board tailgate as we're hosting one with 30+ people, but I'll try to stop by at some point.

I have never tailgated with any of you guys (besides in New Orleans a few years back) but was thinking of joining in; However, I am not exactly sure where you guys tailgate in the Fine Lot and I am not sure if my parking pass (WEST) gets me access there. Anyways, I have a 40"+ LCD TV that is collecting dust right now at my house that I wouldn't mind bringing if I am able to transport/fit it in with all my other tailgating crap.

I have never tailgated with any of you guys (besides in New Orleans a few years back) but was thinking of joining in; However, I am not exactly sure where you guys tailgate in the Fine Lot and I am not sure if my parking pass (WEST) gets me access there. Anyways, I have a 40"+ LCD TV that is collecting dust right now at my house that I wouldn't mind bringing if I am able to transport/fit it in with all my other tailgating crap.
Your parking pass "West" will get you in the same lot as us...Send me your contact info via PM. We'll be happy to have you. If you tailgate with us...you can probably drop some of your other tailgate stuff and make your job to transport the TV.

Bump...bought a Marine Battery, power invertor, antenna and canopy. Working on lining up a TV. We'll see how it goes.

If someone could fab up a vessa mount to a trailer hitch that would be :eek:

upload_2013-9-6_10-35-18.png