Fine | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Fine

Why would Mrs. Fine stay with Bernie if she knew he was a child molestor?

"Get over it" - up to 10000 interpretations... get over the fact that Bernie cut you out of his life

Did they find nothing 8 years ago, or did they (SPD) say the SOL passed?

Is anyone clear on whether or not they investigated the accusations in 03?
That was just poorly worded by me. I dont know the answer to your question. I have asked the same question 10 times. Given lack of response i would say no one knows. But if that was their response then...and the only new info is Lang...What are they investigating?

SPD has a consensus that he is guilty after 2 days...when 8 years ago they found nothing...also what can he be "guilty" of? I still do not understand what the hell they are even investigating.

cops often have a consensus 1 way or the other. they probably had the consensus he did it when it came to them at 1st. Its not that the SPD didnt find anything, they didnt investigate because of SOL.

my guess is more evidence came up that could implicate that kids are currently in danger, if not more victims came forward.

The small amount of info i have gotten from some connected people has all been bad news. 100% of it.

Why would Mrs. Fine stay with Bernie if she knew he was a child molestor?

"Get over it" - up to 10000 interpretations... get over the fact that Bernie cut you out of his life
There is absolutely no way she would stay with him (and more importantly keep her children near him) if she knew that. That is just beyond ridiculous.

cops often have a consensus 1 way or the other. they probably had the consensus he did it when it came to them at 1st. Its not that the SPD didnt find anything, they didnt investigate because of SOL.

my guess is more evidence came up that could implicate that kids are currently in danger, if not more victims came forward.

The small amount of info i have gotten from some connected people has all been bad news. 100% of it.

This has been my main concern from the get go. The SPD has a new investigation and I wonder to myself what new evidence are they investigating.

Why is SPD disseminating information about their investigation to outsiders?

Possibly. Who knows and thats the point we don't know anything about it until its released and then we will have some information with which to form an opinion.

JB did say that Davis had come after Fine for money before.

because they just posted a hotline number for any possible other victims -- we do not know if anyone called that number and how credible they may be

just because they did not say anyone else has come forward yet does not mean there has not been others investigated since the hotline went up the other day

There is absolutely no way she would stay with him (and more importantly keep her children near him) if she knew that. That is just beyond ridiculous.
Exactly... and would JB keep HIS children living across the street from Fine if he knew anything? I don't think JB is that stupid

That was just poorly worded by me. I dont know the answer to your question. I have asked the same question 10 times. Given lack of response i would say no one knows. But if that was their response then...and the only new info is Lang...What are they investigating?

Yeah, the only thing I can think is that since Lang came forward, they're just looking for new victims? That doesn't entirely make sense to me, if the SOL has passed, and a guy who is even older than the first accuser comes forward...

I guess that they figure most child molestors don't do it to only one or two kids, so if there are now 2 people saying it, there must be more, and some that can be prosecuted? But you'd think they would have done the same thing in 03, no? I would hope they take accusations of molestation seriously.

people who are molested do not go on national TV, and they definitely don't go on TV the day the news breaks.

Lang said "I don't know, it happened 15, maybe 20 times."

Something this serious, a life altering event, you remember exactly how many times it happens if it's around those numbers

people who are molested do not go on national TV, and they definitely don't go on TV the day the news breaks.

Lang said "I don't know, it happened 15, maybe 20 times."

Something this serious, a life altering event, you remember exactly how many times it happens if it's around those numbers

I'm not sure I buy that; he could have tried to block it out of his mind.

All I can say that this whole thing has been as confusing as it is upsetting and I'm more confused than ever after having read this post.

SPD has a consensus that he is guilty after 2 days...when 8 years ago they found nothing...also what can he be "guilty" of? I still do not understand what the hell they are even investigating.
We are assuming the SPD did an investigation in 2003. I know it's Davis, but he says they just blew him off. This is what Fitzpatrick said yesterday also. What if the SPD did not do an investigation in 2003 and now in 2011 they do and find him guilty. And Duvall was the Chief in 2003.

We are assuming the SPD did an investigation in 2003. I know it's Davis, but he says they just blew him off. This is what Fitzpatrick said yesterday also. What if the SPD did not do an investigation in 2003 and now in 2011 they do and find him guilty. And Duvall was the Chief in 2003.
Find him guilty of what? If all they have in the way of accusers are Lang and Davis, I do not think he can be charged with anything...even if Bernie confesses here, i dont think the SOL provides for prosecution with respect to Lang and Davis...

There are 2 universes here that need to be de-riddled.

1. Did Fine molest DAvis and Lang? I dont think he can be prosecuted for this, but this is still a sink the ship type thing. I just dont think SPD can be or should be investigating these claims as they cannot prosecute them anyway.

2. Did Fine molest anyone else such that he can be charged? To me this is the most important part.

This is what scares me. If a case in the court of public opinion can be made that someone like Duvall looked the other way in 03 on this because he's a "program guy," then SU and the bball program are F-ed.

Time to take a break from the board.

The only way this can be true is;
(a) ESPN withheld a damning tape from the SPD, or,
(b) more victims have come forward.

Anything else is hearsay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online