Fire and Sickness | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Fire and Sickness

I’ve been trying (without success) to get multiple new releases of Jordan brand golf shoes. They are gobbled up instantly. I don’t have the time or energy to figure out the system (maybe I’ll never be successful)

What kind? Where I work, their pro shop usually has a couple pair of Jordan's in stock

No luck as expected today in the SNKRS app (and other draws I entered). Thankfully a nice Syracuse win helps mitigate the pain... anyone hit & score a “got ‘em”?
0D4D3A94-EB19-4A15-B766-37EAE4BDCF52.png

What kind? Where I work, their pro shop usually has a couple pair of Jordan's in stock
I have a couple. I think ADG and then a black and green model. I’m interested in anything not marked up 500%

No luck as expected today in the SNKRS app (and other draws I entered). Thankfully a nice Syracuse win helps mitigate the pain... anyone hit & score a “got ‘em”?
View attachment 197731
Nope. And then I had a moment of weakness(I don’t pay above retail ever) and bought them on stockx, because the lows went up to like $500 after a few weeks. Was thinking these might do the same and wanted to get them before they do.

Only problem - between the “lowest asking price” changing after I entered my info and having to do it again, and my credit card initially denying the purchase thinking something was fishy...I ended up buying two pairs by mistake. After all the fees, shipping, etc., it came out to $288 a piece.

Going to probably put a pair on eBay and see what I can get. Didn’t buy them with the intention of reselling at all, but I don’t want/need two pairs and hopefully I can at least make my money back for the extra pair.

I picked up the jordan 1 shattered backboard the other day. I kind of like them better than the dunks.
Which version of the Shattered Backboard did you get? The 1.0’s & the Reverse’s are a pretty significant financial commitment... did you go with the Black & Orange 3.0’s?

Which version of the Shattered Backboard did you get? The 1.0’s & the Reverse’s are a pretty significant financial commitment... did you go with the Black & Orange 3.0’s?
I got the mids The black orange and white. They were 250 but I won some money 9n a scratch off so I don't feel as bad dropping 250 lol.

Well, I finally did it... I've been sitting on this idea for a while, but I pulled an image of 1989-90 basketball uniform "Syracuse" script, cleaned it up a bit & printed it on a Champion hoodie (the 89-90 uniforms were Champion brand as well). I'm a Nike guy through & through for sure, & I have the orange Nike hoodie with the Syracuse script... BUT, Nike's official Syracuse script is actually different then the classic Champion uniform script worn in the mid-late 80's/early 90's. I'll share a real photo when it arrives, hoping it's quality with a great throwback look/feel!
1615527395467.png

Well, I finally did it... I've been sitting on this idea for a while, but I pulled an image of 1989-90 basketball uniform "Syracuse" script, cleaned it up a bit & printed it on a Champion hoodie (the 89-90 uniforms were Champion brand as well). I'm a Nike guy through & through for sure, & I have the orange Nike hoodie with the Syracuse script... BUT, Nike's official Syracuse script is actually different then the classic Champion uniform script worn in the mid-late 80's/early 90's. I'll share a real photo when it arrives, hoping it's quality with a great throwback look/feel!
View attachment 197802
I love it! It's also interesting that Syracuse often used a light blue color (like on your sweatshirt) back in the 80's instead of navy like today. The basketball teams and lacrosse uniforms often had the lighter blue color like the Florida Gators. I prefer navy but I like the look of the light blue when its use is very limited.

Ya, we definitely moved to a darker shade of blue. I was in school in the late 80/early 90’s and still have some light blue gear.

I love it! It's also interesting that Syracuse often used a light blue color (like on your sweatshirt) back in the 80's instead of navy like today. The basketball teams and lacrosse uniforms often had the lighter blue color like the Florida Gators. I prefer navy but I like the look of the light blue when its use is very limited.
Yeah, the first unis after the cursives that we started wearing in Moten’s senior year of 94-95 had a lighter blue on the sides. Seems like we went navy a few years later during the Hart-Etan-Blackwell years, when the home unis said “Orangemen” on them in navy lettering.

Yeah, the first unis after the cursives that we started wearing in Moten’s senior year of 94-95 had a lighter blue on the sides. Seems like we went navy a few years later during the Hart-Etan-Blackwell years, when the home unis said “Orangemen” on them in navy lettering.
The original beautiful cursive uniforms used the lighter blue too. Our current cursive uniforms are great but use navy so they look a little different.

Nope. And then I had a moment of weakness(I don’t pay above retail ever) and bought them on stockx, because the lows went up to like $500 after a few weeks. Was thinking these might do the same and wanted to get them before they do.

Only problem - between the “lowest asking price” changing after I entered my info and having to do it again, and my credit card initially denying the purchase thinking something was fishy...I ended up buying two pairs by mistake. After all the fees, shipping, etc., it came out to $288 a piece.

Going to probably put a pair on eBay and see what I can get. Didn’t buy them with the intention of reselling at all, but I don’t want/need two pairs and hopefully I can at least make my money back for the extra pair.
Snagged my pair tonight, Deadstock on eBay for $200! It’s hard not to jump on board with the Orange rolling in the tourney... thankfully, the Syracuse Dunk Highs have not spiked like the price on the Syracuse Dunk Lows.

The price is holding steady currently around $225 (still too much), but not completely out of reach!

Snagged my pair tonight, Deadstock on eBay for $200! It’s hard not to jump on board with the Orange rolling in the tourney... thankfully, the Syracuse Dunk Highs have not spiked like the price on the Syracuse Dunk Lows.

The price is holding steady currently around $225 (still too much), but not completely out of reach!
Yeah, I’m wishing that price would spike a bit. Was hoping to sell my other pair for what I paid for them. If not, might just hang onto them so that I have a fresh pair in a few years, if I wear these ones out(already been wearing them - nice weather and an Orange tourney run makes that an automatic!)

What’s funny is I got a pair 3-4 years ago from the Nike Outlet in Waterloo for like $35. And they had an entire wall of them in all different sizes.
That’s a perfect microcosm of the current Nike Dunk explosion over the past couple years ago... a few years ago they were sitting en masse on the shelves, cheap easy buy. Now, especially anything Nike SB, has ALL the hype. It’s fascinating how sneakers are more & more like a stock market commodity

So, I picked this crewneck on a regular resale website for an amazingly good price... it’s an absolute beauty & in great condition! I’ve been looking for YEARS for the Grey version “Orange” hoodie or crewneck, it’s only available to players & staff & not a market item.

my only quibble is that my preference is Nike Large (this one is an XL) but honestly I’m kinda in-between L & XL in Nike anyway, so that’s only minor. So pumped to add this one in the collection!
A48E4D76-0CF5-43EC-AD9C-0C26A01265BB.jpeg

Grabbed this out of my old bedroom closet last time I visited my parents. I believe I paid over $60 bucks for it when shopping for back to school clothes in either ‘90 or ‘91. Needless to say that was a lot of lawns mowed to raise that kind of cash in those days.

The Nike symbol is embroidered and the University patch and letters are stitched on.

7E55C802-A9A0-4985-9446-FCBF15F40685.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom