First Blast: UConn Tailgate | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

First Blast: UConn Tailgate

When: Nov 5th
Time: TBD expect to start 4 hrs before kickoff (if a nooner it will be probably 3.5 hrs)
Where: Aero Club (across the street form the Rent on Silver Lane)

What to bring: This one will be on Cuseguy and others who have cars to drive in Food and Equipment. If rain is in the forecast we'll need canopies. If it is expected to be cold...we'll need 2 canopies with panels and propane heaters. We'll need the normal assortment of a couple grills, tables, etc... Chime in if you know you are coming and what you can bring.

Cuseguy will be running the show...I'll let him decide the menu and theme.

Motels...if you plan on staying over: there are two hotels within a reasonable walking distance (if you are in shape). See my Tailgate Guide for more info on the Aero Club and Motels.

www.texanmarktailgate.blogspot.com

BTW, I'll bring in something from Texas to share. Probably Texas Dry Sausage Jalepano Sticks.
Ill bring beer

Looks like I am in for the UConn game. Will bring the Ant Bailey, a cheapo table, cooler, beer, and some grub. Anyone else driving down the day of the game and then driving back after? Dont really want to pay for a hotel and the drive seems doable back the same day. Mark I will likely be blowing up your phone around 830 looking for the tailgate lot as I plan on leaving around 4am on Saturday and I am bad with directions.

I just bought tickets with my Dad and a fellow rower alum! First 'Cuse away football game for me ever!! Ill be driving down from VT saturday morning, maybe ill swing by and meet some of you strange people :cool:

I just bought tickets with my Dad and a fellow rower alum! First 'Cuse away football game for me ever!! Ill be driving down from VT saturday morning, maybe ill swing by and meet some of you strange people :cool:

Definitely park at the Aircraft Club...I'm sending you my cell phone via PM...if you can't find us...call me. Don't worry we are somewhat normal peeps.

When you going and where are you staying?
Still trying to decide if Im going Friday night or going up Saturday morning. will return Saturday after game

Update:

The weather forecast looks great (fingers crossed)...should be around 50 and sunny Sat AM...warming into the upper 50s during the game. If the weather is as gorgeous as they are predicting...I only think one Canopy will be necessary but we'll need some folding chairs.

With that...we'll definitely start up by 8:30am

I'm working with Cuseguy to develop a menu...guys driving over from CNY...I hope you can help with bringing over some things.

I'll be driving down from Boston that morning...Anyone coming (lurkers included)...send me a PM if you need my cell phone number.

Update:

The weather forecast looks great (fingers crossed)...should be around 50 and sunny Sat AM...warming into the upper 50s during the game. If the weather is as gorgeous as they are predicting...I only think one Canopy will be necessary but we'll need some folding chairs.

With that...we'll definitely start up by 8:30am

I'm working with Cuseguy to develop a menu...guys driving over from CNY...I hope you can help with bringing over some things.

I'll be driving down from Boston that morning...Anyone coming (lurkers included)...send me a PM if you need my cell phone number.

I'm driving over of course. Leaving Friday afternoon. I can bring anything. I've got several chairs too.

I'm driving over of course. Leaving Friday afternoon. I can bring anything. I've got several chairs too.

I'm going to talk to Cuseguy...although I figure we need two 3 lbs packages of Hoffnan Snappy Gtillers and 3 lbs of Gianelli Hot Italian Sausage.

I'm going to talk to Cuseguy...although I figure we need two 3 lbs packages of Hoffnan Snappy Gtillers and 3 lbs of Gianelli Hot Italian Sausage.
i'm coming in from syracuse and meeting some friends. i can bring any, all, or none of a syracuse canopy, grill, folding tables, inflatable otto, chairs...let me know how i can help.

i'm coming in from syracuse and meeting some friends. i can bring any, all, or none of a syracuse canopy, grill, folding tables, inflatable otto, chairs...let me know how i can help.

Cool...bring your grill (what type is it?), two folding tables, a few foldable chairs and ofcourse OTTO. Maybe bring a cooler with some beer too...BTW, welcome to the tailgate...tell your friends all are welcomed. I'm sending you my cell phone via PM.

BTW, please be there NLT 0900 (Military Time)

BTW, I talked to SUBarney and Cuseguy...They will be there at 0830...Look for the Syracuse Canopy and Flag hosited up a Pole. We expect to be parked near the back of the lot (by the bathrooms in the main building).

Definitely park at the Aircraft Club...I'm sending you my cell phone via PM...if you can't find us...call me. Don't worry we are somewhat normal peeps.

Mark -- I am confused. Is it the Aero Club or the Aircraft Club? When you google them, they seem to be two separate things (at least they have two different street addresses)

You can actually get to it off Clement St or Silver Lane...It is technically the P+W Aircraft Club. It is the same lot we were in in 2005 during that horrible rain game.
So will you be joining us?

It is lot next to the softball fields...the Sat View shot below was taken during a game...look at the cars parked in the softball field north of the Stadium...I hope to locate somewhere near the left field (the softball field in the pic with cars on it closest to Simmons Rd)...Of course this will be up to the parking attendants.
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=555 Silver Lane, East Hartford, CT&hl=en&sll=41.763196,-72.618176&sspn=0.008531,0.013926&vpsrc=0&hnear=555 Silver Ln, East Hartford, Hartford, Connecticut 06118&t=h&z=16

You can actually get to it off Clement St or Silver Lane...It is technically the P+W Aircraft Club. It is the same lot we were in in 2005 during that horrible rain game.

For GPS purposes, is it 555 Silver Lane?

For GPS purposes, is it 555 Silver Lane?

Thanks, Frozen. Cheriehoop and Mr. Cheriehoop are coming down for the game. We have a parking pass right next to the Stadium, so we will have to figure out the logistics of how to do both.

Thanks, Frozen. Cheriehoop and Mr. Cheriehoop are coming down for the game. We have a parking pass right next to the Stadium, so we will have to figure out the logistics of how to do both.

I'm not sure that 555 Silver Lane is correct. I read it on a UConn board somewhere but I can't vouch for it.

If you have a Blue pass...just park there and walk north toward Silver Lane then cross the street...I'm sending you my cell phone number via PM so you can find us.

BTW, 555 is close...just look for the entrance near the softball fields.

It is lot next to the softball fields...the Sat View shot below was taken during a game...look at the cars parked in the softball field north of the Stadium...I hope to locate somewhere near the left field (the softball field furthest away with cars on it..nearest the Aircraft CLub Building)...Of course this will be up to the parking attendants.
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=555 Silver Lane, East Hartford, CT&hl=en&sll=41.763196,-72.618176&sspn=0.008531,0.013926&vpsrc=0&hnear=555 Silver Ln, East Hartford, Hartford, Connecticut 06118&t=h&z=16

We were on the blacktop though and not on the "fields" correct?

We were on the blacktop though and not on the "fields" correct?

Back in 2005 we were...heard it is more popular now... but regardless I expect to be back towards the Aircraft Club Building...the snow should melt by then and the grass should be ok to park on.

I just emailed the Aircraft Club to see if we can elect to park in the backside.

Back in 2005 we were...heard it is more popular now... but regardless I expect to be back towards the Aircraft Club Building...the snow should melt by then and the grass should be ok to park on.

I just emailed the Aircraft Club to see if we can elect to park in the backside.

So to be clear for everyone, we should enter those lots where the softball fields are indicated by going in off Silver Lane? How far back we go will be time and attendant dependent.

LOL just keep your phone on Mark im horrible with a new place direction wise I can guarantee i will get lost.

If anyone else local is driving down on Saturday morning early let me know, I plan on leaving around 4 am in order to arrive in time for the 8:30 am tailgate start.

We parked on the grassy area last time. It was fine. But if someone gets there earlier, find a good spot and we'll work with that. Paved lot in the back is closer to the bathroom. Right now I'm planning on egg sandwiches (a Bees' favorite) and some other stuff YTBD. We'll have plenty of beer, water and soda. Probably have New Haven's famous Hummel hot dogs to grill after the game. It'll be a multiple kind of day.

I just went to an old German Meat market and picked up 15 Texas Jalpeno Buck Sticks (Dry Sausage) these are really, really good (Kinda like a Slim Jim without the grease and unnatural byproducts they put into them)...Now the key will be how many of them actually stay uneaten between now and the tailgate.

They are about 16" long. They are made out of Beef.

I'll also bring along some drinks...some beer and soda

LargeBuckSticks.jpg

Between Tomcat, Jeremey and Bees...can you guys procure 2x3-lbs Hoffman Coneys and 3-4 lbs of Gianelli Italian Sausage? Let me know who wants to take lead on it? You'll need 32 NE Style Rolls to go along with the coneys and maybe 12/16 rolls for the Italian Sausage. Also, bring some Hoffman Mustard and ketchup. The Walmart usually has the best price unless it is on sale at the other supermarkets.

Ok...also need someone to step forward and bring some plates, forks, cups and napkins. Probably a 300 pack of cheap napkins, 50 forks, 24 cups and 100 cheap plates.

I just went to an old German Meat market and picked up 15 Texas Jalpeno Buck Sticks (Dry Sausage) these are really, really good (Kinda like a Slim Jim without the grease and unnatural byproducts they put into them)...Now the key will be how many of them actually stay uneaten between now and the tailgate.

They are about 16" long.

LargeBuckSticks.jpg
"Buck" as in "deer meat"?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors