first dome basketball game with kids | Syracusefan.com

first dome basketball game with kids

Millhouse

Living Legend
some psycho ladies with shawn michaels haircuts ripping heaters flipped out on me for parking too close to them in a garage. my kids got to hear me tell them that they were all crazy people and ask them if they've ever parked in a parking lot before

then the psycho bible guy started yelling at us. i explained to the kids that sometimes crazy people yell at you through megaphones and you have to try to pity them

we went down to the court and got a picture. my pissed off 3 year old was hangrier than hell. after the picture, she did the old I must be in the front row move. i informed them that particular seat cost more than the 4 i bought somewhere near Lawrinson 20.

the 5 dollar 4 shot game was a hit. my 6 year old went 2 for 4 and got a shirt that he wore to school today. he's going to be tall, they should start recruiting him now. I on the other hand went 0-4. Rims were unfriendly and they wouldn't let a 43 year old 5'10"* guy go dunk contest on them.

made it through the whole game which is a welcome change from football. football takes way too long. i think both kids are hooked now - history repeats itself, I had flashbacks to the 80s

the dome does a good job - nice to be able to mill around pregame.

Last edited:
some psycho ladies with shawn michaels haircuts ripping heaters flipped out on me for parking too close to them in a garage. my kids got to hear me tell them that they were all crazy people and ask them if they've ever parked in a parking lot before

then the psycho bible guy started yelling at us. i explained to the kids that sometimes crazy people yell at you through megaphones and you have to try to pity them

we went down to the court and got a picture. my pissed off 3 year old was hangrier than hell. after the picture, she did the old I must be in the front row move. i informed them that particular seat cost more than the 4 i bought somewhere near Lawrinson 20.

the 5 dollar 4 shot game was a hit. my 6 year old went 2 for 2 and got a shirt that he wore to school today. he's going to be tall, they should start recruiting him now. I on the other hand went 0-4. Rims were unfriendly and they wouldn't let a 43 year old 5'10"* guy go dunk contest on them.

made it through the whole game which is a welcome change from football. football takes way too long. i think both kids are hooked now - history repeats itself, I had flashbacks to the 80s

Let the indoctrination begin, very cool Pat. Enjoy the ride.

I took my daughter to her first bball game when she was 5. She had no idea what was going on, but did like Otto. She didn’t go to another one until she was 20. When she graduated from college she went to every single game with me and she’s now 31.

I have always wondered about how parents of younger kids manage in these games, although I have some clues from all the times they go up and down the aisles, up and down, up and down. I wish you luck in turning your kids into real fans! I believe my daughter originally went to the games with me in order to bond, and then she became a fanatic. It makes me very happy.

Have fun!

the 5 dollar 4 shot game was a hit. my 6 year old went 2 for 4 and got a shirt that he wore to school today. he's going to be tall, they should start recruiting him now. I on the other hand went 0-4. Rims were unfriendly and they wouldn't let a 43 year old 5'10"* guy go dunk contest on them.

it doesn't get any better than that. some of my best memories when the kids were young.

My Dad took me to an SU/Army game when I was 4 years old. I was expecting to see tanks and helicopters and proceeded to cry my eyes out when I found out there were none. We left after the first quarter.

Was it the game in 1996 when McNabb did the salute?

Millhouse, post: 2489769, member: 78"]some psycho ladies with shawn michaels haircuts ripping heaters flipped out on me for parking too close to them in a garage. my kids got to hear me tell them that they were all crazy people and ask them if they've ever parked in a parking lot before...

damn psychoplaids . have you not taken these poor kids bowling ? the red hats can also be brutal...

How to raise an Orange! Nice job

Haha negative I was a freshman in high school in 1996 and it have been pretty weird if I was leaving the Dome crying at that age.
Oh, I’m sure it’s been done.

But not by you.

Oh, I’m sure it’s been done.

But not by you.

D6410C80-C208-408F-AB8F-B1716493A35E.gif

Lol. Shawn Michaels haircuts

Haha negative I was a freshman in high school in 1996 and it have been pretty weird if I was leaving the Dome crying at that age.
I think there were plenty of games in the 90s where crying was justified for grown men. Along with other immature deeds like slamming pizza boxes against windows.

Millhouse, post: 2489769, member: 78"]some psycho ladies with shawn michaels haircuts ripping heaters flipped out on me for parking too close to them in a garage. my kids got to hear me tell them that they were all crazy people and ask them if they've ever parked in a parking lot before...

damn psychoplaids . have you not taken these poor kids bowling ? the red hats can also be brutal...
of course I've taken the kids bowling! i'm only good at sports that are not sports and where drinking is acceptable. i'm a very good bowler, a bettter than average golfer (back when life allowed for it) and pretty bad at everything else. although i'm ok at one handed football receptions - again because of drinking.

Last edited:
Please don't besmirch Lawrinson 20.
I lived there.
the guys up on 20 used to get drunk, grab pilons, bring them up to 20, stick them in the elevator just in time for me to get home and have to walk up 14 floors while seeing double. we stayed friends with them for some reason despite their evil

Last edited:
of course I've taken the kids bowling! i'm only good at sports that's are not sports where drinking is acceptable. i'm a very good bowler, a bettter than average good golfer (back when life allowed for it) and pretty bad at everything else. although i'm ok at one handed football receptions - again because of drinking.

I've always envisioned you as a superb Men's Rhythmic Gymnast.

173999342.jpg

the guys up on 20 used to get drunk, grab pilons, bring them up to 20, stick them in the elevator just in time for me to get home and having to walk up 14 floors while seeing double. we stayed friends with them for some reason despite their evil
That walk when all the elevators were out wasn't pleasant.
I had a roommate who wanted "upchuck stations" every 5 floors in the stairwell.

of course I've taken the kids bowling! i'm only good at sports that are not sports where drinking is acceptable. i'm a very good bowler, a bettter than average golfer (back when life allowed for it) and pretty bad at everything else. although i'm ok at one handed football receptions - again because of drinking.
just out with some friends and got to witness little sasha roll a 90 second strike. you could count the rotations and when hit gold the place exploded.

My first game with the kids at the Dome was a football game against Tennessee with Tee Martin at quarterback. It was hot and a full house and the guy behind me kept spilling beer on me. I didn't really react because it was very crowded and it's a football game, not the opera so that stuff happens. Toward the end of the game when he had had a few too many he got real excited and spilled a bunch of beer on me AND my kids. I could tell by the look in their eyes that it was too much and they were scared. I could also tell they were on the edge of never wanting to come back plus the parental protective thing went into overdrive. I am not a really big guy but at 6"2, 210 big enough to get my point across when I stood up, poked him in the chest and told him he had better not spill another drop on me or my kids and sat down. It got really quiet behind me and I could hear his friends saying "what should we do - that guy is going to kill someone" so they took his beer away and we enjoyed the last few minutes of the game. And my kids came back to the Dome many times over the years

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom