First Line Mid | Syracusefan.com

First Line Mid

OttosDad

2nd String
Grade their performance this year based on expectations coming into the season...

Personally I'd say C-...

Overall, I thought this unit was average at best. They all turned the ball over a ton. Aside from the first UVA game, Curry had a disastrous year IMO (he was a total non factor against Gtown). Dordevic had his moment and Trimbo started to come on strong at the end, but I was very disappointed by this group. There is no question they fell well short of the expectations that were placed on them.

I wish Jamie well going forward, but call me crazy I don't think that either Curry or Dordevic should have a spot cemented on the first line next year. In addition to desperately needing new blood at the helm, I think its very much needed at midfield. Maybe a freshman steps up, seems unlikely given the recruiting rankings and our recent success with freshmen being somewhat limited.

Grade their performance this year based on expectations coming into the season...

Personally I'd say C-...

Overall, I thought this unit was average at best. They all turned the ball over a ton. Aside from the first UVA game, Curry had a disastrous year IMO (he was a total non factor against Gtown). Dordevic had his moment and Trimbo started to come on strong at the end, but I was very disappointed by this group. There is no question they fell well short of the expectations that were placed on them.

I wish Jamie well going forward, but call me crazy I don't think that either Curry or Dordevic should have a spot cemented on the first line next year. In addition to desperately needing new blood at the helm, I think its very much needed at midfield. Maybe a freshman steps up, seems unlikely given the recruiting rankings and our recent success with freshmen being somewhat limited.
Being that Ferris, cook, Quinn, butters, magnan, and firioni (sp) are a combo of second and 3rd lines not much promise if you base of this.

But both curry and dordy have shown they are a threat, dordy still not like pre acl injury and next year the mid line will be interesting.

Borges and Rice next year should add depth to the midfield and even challenge for a spot somewhere.
This may be a spot to look for a grad transfer or a transfer in general. We got lucky with Galasso and Mariano but you need another dominant player at midfield. Between Hiltz and Seebold that’s not a dominant attack. Hiltz has the tools just not the dodger we need him to be as other have stated.

Point blank we need help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom