Fitzgerald Coach of the year in B10? | Syracusefan.com

Fitzgerald Coach of the year in B10?

Ish88888

All American
As I watch some college hoops tonight, i come across PF on the court waving and accepting the b10 COTY!!!. Seriously!???? In that division? NW blows, ok, they are not. Better than us and PF is opportunistic at best and isnt a pimple on Dino's bum!!!!!

Pat is a very good coach.
And I think people don't realize how bad that program was before the mid 90's. Before the Rutgers dumpster fire, there was the Northwestern dumpster fire. And even with their more recent success, it's still been a roller coaster over the last 20 years. The AD there realizes they have a pretty solid coach in Fitzgerald, and will give him a long leash.

And I think people don't realize how bad that program was before the mid 90's. Before the Rutgers dumpster fire, there was the Northwestern dumpster fire. And even with their more recent success, it's still been a roller coaster over the last 20 years. The AD there realizes they have a pretty solid coach in Fitzgerald, and will give him a long leash.

I still remember how big of a story it was when they came out of nowhere from being the worst program in the country for decades to making it to the Rose Bowl in 1995.

...i thought he was impressive?

I can’t imagine why anyone would have an issue with Pat Fitzgerald. The guy is a great coach.

I still remember how big of a story it was when they came out of nowhere from being the worst program in the country for decades to making it to the Rose Bowl in 1995.
In 1981, they set a record for most consecutive losses with 29. Their fans rushed the field and chanted "We're the worst" according to wikipedia.

I was going to post after the OP but everyone else handled it for me.
giphy.gif

Apparently everyone in this thread is aside from you.

Ok, that's fine. Alot of talk about the meathead coaching approach on this board he is just that pounding his chest is a weak division. would you take him at Cuse ?

Ok, that's fine. Alot of talk about the meathead coaching approach on this board he is just that pounding his chest is a weak division. would you take him at Cuse ?
He would be the second best coach here in at least the last 20 years.

He has won over 10 games three times. We have done that 5 times in our history

I get that, again, his division stinks. What's next, Ferenz is a stud too?

No, but he did a great job this year.

Wait, PF shouldn't be coach of the year because he isn't as good as DB? Did I miss something? When did we accept the invite to the B1G?

If anything, this shows that the voters in the B1G are smarter than those in the ACC.

Using the ACC criteria that cost Babers the ACC COY award, they should have had Urban Meyer win it since he got to Ohio State.

Fitz deserves it, great coach...shows how dumb the ACC voters are is what it does.