Five PS sports writers say SU will go 6-6 | Syracusefan.com

Five PS sports writers say SU will go 6-6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure as christ hope so. Getting back to a bowl would be a tremendous way to keep the momentum going, especially on the recruiting trail. I'd like to think that we're capable of getting more than 6 wins this year, but who knows? Big shoes to fill at QB, LT, WR, and DE.

One writer actually has us losing to Tulane, wow.

No way Northwestern, Clemson or Florida St hangs 40 on this year's defense in a regulation game. If OT happens...then maybe.

No way Northwestern, Clemson or Florida St hangs 40 on this year's defense in a regulation game. If OT happens...then maybe.

Not sure what makes you say that, if either FSU or Clemson gets on a roll they can easily hang 40 on Syracuse. Our D is going to be good but were not Alabama we have weaknesses that can be exploited especially if the Offense is struggling.

11-1 with our loss coming in a blowout to Wagner. We outscore our opponents by 21 points per game. #Hardnosed

Here is a quick compilation wins and losses vs each opponent by the PS writers

Penn St 1-5

Northwestern 1-5

Wagner 6-0

Tulane 5-1

Clemson 0-6

NC St 3-3

G Tech 1-5

Wake 5-1

Maryland 4-2

FSU 0-6

Pitt 3-3

BC 6-0

Not sure what makes you say that, if either FSU or Clemson gets on a roll they can easily hang 40 on Syracuse. Our D is going to be good but were not Alabama we have weaknesses that can be exploited especially if the Offense is struggling.
Our D has a chance to be one of the best in the ACC if not the country. Every point scored against this defense will be earned and to reach the 40 point plateau, I think the that our offense (i.e. TO's) or ST's (see last year's NW game) would have to contribute to the total.

Not saying that it won't happen but, as usual, I'm surprised that you have such little faith. And please...don't give me the "reality" lecture.

Our D has a chance to be one of the best in the ACC if not the country. Every point scored against this defense will be earned and to reach the 40 point plateau, I think the that our offense (i.e. TO's) or ST's (see last year's NW game) would have to contribute to the total.

Not saying that it won't happen but, as usual, I'm surprised that you have such little faith. And please...don't give me the "reality" lecture.

I won't give you a reality lecture but you may want to check back into the universe of Div 1 football outside of Syracuse at some point this week. This defense on paper looks like it could be a good one perhaps even borderlining on great but where you get potentially best in the country is beyond me. This defense has huge question marks at DE and at the Safety position, it also needs more consistency out of its cornerbacks.

A team with one of the top Defenses in the country doesnt move a 4 star TE to DE a month before the season starts for the fun of it. Syracuse has also struggled under Shafer to contain the pass especially against good teams. Perhaps we should see how we perform against Penn State and NW two top 35 teams one of which is a top 20 team before we start declaring how few points teams like FSU and Clemson will put up.

Always negative! I also find it intersting that these Goofs from the PS have our offense scoring so few points. I think the Offense will be much better than these guys think!

I won't give you a reality lecture but you may want to check back into the universe of Div 1 football outside of Syracuse at some point this week. This defense on paper looks like it could be a good one perhaps even borderlining on great but where you get potentially best in the country is beyond me. This defense has huge question marks at DE and at the Safety position, it also needs more consistency out of its cornerbacks.

A team with one of the top Defenses in the country doesnt move a 4 star TE to DE a month before the season starts for the fun of it. Syracuse has also struggled under Shafer to contain the pass especially against good teams. Perhaps we should see how we perform against Penn State and NW two top 35 teams one of which is a top 20 team before we start declaring how few points teams like FSU and Clemson will put up.
So instead of the "reality" lecture I get the "condescending, I know more than you" bs. Guess I should've known my place.

Everyone knows we may or may not have issues at DE, but I'm sure HCSS and Coach Bullough will scheme appropriately (if necessary) to find ways to pressure the QB. I'm far less worried about safety (barring injury) than you appear to be.

We have more quality depth at CB than I can remember. Not sure why you'd bring this up. It's actually the defensive strength that allows the staff to be creative with the front seven.

Since you're so well traveled into the universe of Div 1 football, I'm surprised you forgot the job last year's defense did against two of the more prolific offenses in L'ville and WVU. This year's version will be even better.

Always negative! I also find it intersting that these Goofs from the PS have our offense scoring so few points. I think the Offense will be much better than these guys think!

Ya real negative because I questioned someone who says our D will be one of the best in all of Div 1. Try taking the orange colored glasses off for 5 seconds.

Thompson was moved to DE after the spring. All schools change player positions Jeremy. All schools have question marks going in to the season.

So instead of the "reality" lecture I get the "condescending, I know more than you" bs. Guess I should've known my place.

Everyone knows we may or may not have issues at DE, but I'm sure HCSS and Coach Bullough will scheme appropriately (if necessary) to find ways to pressure the QB. I'm far less worried about safety (barring injury) than you appear to be.

We have more quality depth at CB than I can remember. Not sure why you'd bring this up. It's actually the defensive strength that allows the staff to be creative with the front seven.

Since you're so well traveled into the universe of Div 1 football, I'm surprised you forgot the job last year's defense did against two of the more prolific offenses in L'ville and WVU. This year's version will be even better.

Give me a break with this "condescending" crap, when you make a statement that Syracuse might have one of the best Defenses in the country your putting a pretty bold statement out there thats going to get challenged.

I didnt forget the job the D did against WVU and Lville, as I noted this is a good defense that has the chance to be great but you act like we were 10-1 last year in the SEC. This years D maybe better but if we can't generate pressure from the front four were going to have to blitz a lot which while a staple of our D also leaves you vulnerable to big plays.

For this D to be great its going to have to be more consistent. You mentioned the LVille and WVU games where we had great performances but we also struggled big time against South Florida and Cincy and didnt exactly set the world on fire versus NW or USC. CB on paper also looks promising especially Keon but the numbers from the past few years dont lie we have struggled against the pass, we need to be better defending through the air especially against teams like FSU, Clemson, etc.

Thompson was moved to DE after the spring. All schools change player positions Jeremy. All schools have question marks going in to the season.

I don't have any issues with Thompson being moved, the only point I am trying to make is that at this point its borderlining on ludicrous to say SU could have one of the top Defenses in all of Div 1, thats a big time statement.

I don't have any issues with Thompson being moved, the only point I am trying to make is that at this point its borderlining on ludicrous to say SU could have one of the top Defenses in all of Div 1, thats a big time statement.
I would't say it's ludicrous at all. Schafer has had a top ten defense here in the pastr. Also, SU was 6th in the nation last year in tackles for loss.. This is a mature and deeper defense than last year. So they really could be one of the best.

Give me a break with this "condescending" crap, when you make a statement that Syracuse might have one of the best Defenses in the country your putting a pretty bold statement out there thats going to get challenged.

I didnt forget the job the D did against WVU and Lville, as I noted this is a good defense that has the chance to be great but you act like we were 10-1 last year in the SEC. This years D maybe better but if we can't generate pressure from the front four were going to have to blitz a lot which while a staple of our D also leaves you vulnerable to big plays.

For this D to be great its going to have to be more consistent. You mentioned the LVille and WVU games where we had great performances but we also struggled big time against South Florida and Cincy and didnt exactly set the world on fire versus NW or USC. CB on paper also looks promising especially Keon but the numbers from the past few years dont lie we have struggled against the pass, we need to be better defending through the air especially against teams like FSU, Clemson, etc.
Reading comprehension problems Jeremy? The key word in my statement is "might". By definition that doesn't make a declaration one way or the other...simlpy stating there is a possibility.

Now this is a declarative statement: We will be one of the top three defenses in the ACC and have a shot at top 10-15 nationally...but I digress.

You're unusually combative today but just as negative as normal. Can't wait for your in-game rants.

Reading comprehension problems Jeremy? The key word in my statement is "might". By definition that doesn't make a declaration one way or the other...simlpy stating there is a possibility.

Now this is a declarative statement: We will be one of the top three defenses in the ACC and have a shot at top 10-15 nationally...but I digress.

You're unusually combative today but just as negative as normal. Can't wait for your in-game rants.

RMH if you cant see how ridiculous you sound saying Syracuse "might" have one of the best defenses in all of Div 1 then I dont know what to tell you other then its not 1987. Your comments are the typical over the top Syracuse fan who refuses to take the orange colored glasses off for a second and realize where this team is at and thats the admin/coaches are still trying to build this program back to where it was in the late 80's and 90's.

No surprise that anyone who doesnt agree wth you is somehow unusually combative, like I am somehow posting on the football board everyday trashing the program. The negative comment is also laughable, sorry I dont have Rutgers Al syndrome. Good luck with those in game rants, I have season tickets and dont post during games.

Status
Not open for further replies.