Fla St Gonzo | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Fla St Gonzo

None of this makes sense for numerous reasons; buyout right now, b10, and FSU doesn’t have the $$$.

But on the off chance this happens, I hope it does b/c it’ll take FSU 20 yrs to break even when you factor in their partial membership $ for the next 10 years or so.

It makes no sense for the B1G. FSU is not a member of the AAU. Nebraska is lucky they haven't been kicked out of the B1G since they were thrown out of the AAU like us.
Sure it does, it moves them into another section of the country, one of the most populous states, and in the heart of the SEC.

AAU or not, they're a higher rated school than most of the BIG.

Why do folks keep doing this to themselves? It's like a giant circle jerk everytime some random internet troll says "FSU is "leaving" the ACC"!
Oh, really?
What about... GOR? What about exit fees? Where and why would the B1G, ESPN, and SEC get the funds to compensate such a move? And why would they?

Here's the latest from the internet on "FSU leaving the ACC":
In And Out Sand GIF

Did you happen to see where that tweet was sourced from?

Have you seen all the tweets from that source?

Btw, one rumor he posted has the NFL funding NIL for the SEC and B10 and having teams sponsored by NFL teams.

If anyone else cares, the new doomsday mtg for FSU is Jan 31. Since they passed all the other ones.

Listen, maybe it happens. But this isn’t credible.

Did you happen to see where that tweet was sourced from?

Have you seen all the tweets from that source?

Btw, one rumor he posted has the NFL funding NIL for the SEC and B10 and having teams sponsored by NFL teams.

If anyone else cares, the new doomsday mtg for FSU is Jan 31. Since they passed all the other ones.

Listen, maybe it happens. But this isn’t credible.
Hey, don’t shoot the messenger, but this has some legit follower. It’s not like it’s KingOttos tweet.

Sweet. We will take their money. Pickup UCF and steal Maryland from big ten. Force Notre Dame to agree to join , or they are out for all sports. Would never happen, but would love to see Army get an invite.
Think about it. Why would Maryland leave the B1G? You do realize they LEFT THE ACC to join that league.

No one is leaving the B1G.

Think about it. Why would Maryland leave the B1G? You do realize they LEFT THE ACC to join that league.

No one is leaving the B1G.
Because they regretted it when they left the first time. They don't make sense in the big ten. Again, I know it's not happening..it's a dream scenario.

That "report", if you want to characterize it as such, was nonsense, probably concocted by a B12 detractor (jealousy) or SEC homer (nascent fear, actually whether you believe it or not - they would love to kill the ACC - that was partly behind the snub). Here is something valid from someone with contacts inside FSU:

"Yesterday, I met with an FSU professor who has excellent knowledge of Florida State, leaving the ACC and the Grant of Rights. He explicitly stated that the GoR is about as ironclad as it gets because of how small the document is. The ACC wrote this intentionally short so that the ability to find loopholes shrinks to almost 0. Furthermore, the only way to dissolve the GoR is with a 3/4s vote from the conference members. However, with this in mind, the smaller schools in the ACC just voted in 3 new schools, making it even more challenging to find an overwhelming majority. If it were easy to leave the conference, FSU and these other schools would have already done it." But where would they go? The Big12 pays less and does not have a conference TV network, the Big10 would not want them without AAU status, and the SEC seems unlikely too, as their media rights would stay with the ACC. Although Swofford is vilified as an NC homer, he did get a TV network and that is the reason the schools signed the GOR. As Phillips said, there will never be another conference TV network.

Some time ago I did read elsewhere that the Big12 helped the ACC write their GOR. Also, 5 years from now we will be in a different situation. Certainly SMU is going to have a big impact next year (8-4 or 9-3) but also the "two power 5" teams from California. Stanford wants and needs to get better next year (6-6) for the next go round and the Cal Golden Bears next year (9-3 or 10-2) may make an even bigger splash than SMU. They will have a veteran team with good skill players. Those teams have some pretty good athletes and recruit nationally.

Argue me all day. We don’t need FSU. I never said ucf was at their level.
You may not need them but the acc and Syracuse does. We lose fsu and the payout is diminished. Adding ucf doesn’t add any value.

Do I believe that FSU wants out now? Yes.

Do I believe that either the B1G or SEC wants FSU? Not so sure. They do nothing for the SEC, actually hurt the rest of the SEC. They are not a culture or academic fit for the B1G, and if the B1G wants into Florida they can take Miami instead of a school basically in Alabama. Also both conferences like history and FSU was totally irrelevant until the 80s, not a old school program. Additionally the FSU fanbase is full of front runners. This isn't Nebraska where 6-6 will get you a full house. At FSU that will get you maybe 50k per game.

Do I believe a program that was one of the last to get an indoor practice facility can get the funds to leave? No.

Do I believe that FSU could leave the ACC early for the SEC? Yes, but again why exactly does the SEC want them? Maybe in 2030 but not now.

Do I believe FSU could leave the ACC early for the B1G? No way in hell. ESPN owns their TV rights so there is clear damages and no one is buying out 12 years for lowly FSU.

This is all FSU having another temper tantrum and trying to milk the rest of the ACC, who should all just laugh at FSU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom