Flagrant Foul | Syracusefan.com

Flagrant Foul

orangeinohio

2023 Cali Award Participant
Not a single player from SU raised their hands. All I saw was SJU players pushing and shoving.

Probably not a Flagrant 2, but if anybody was acting like douches in that play, they were wearing a St Johns uniform.

it was a hard foul... a few years ago thats not even a flagrant. nothing much seemed to happen after other than a few shoves and then guys trying to separate other before anything happened. all in all i saw worse at the park every weekend growing up.

I watched the replay about ten times.
SJU players were throwing/shoving their arms around while the SU players were breaking it up.
Douchebags.

Haven't seen a replay (thanks, Dome), but that looked like an atrocious call in live action. Stevens and Hess are truly the worst in the business. Very bad calls in both directions today.

It looked like the foul was extended a bit longer than necessary, pulling the shooter's hand with a decent yank toward the end of it, if I recall correctly.

As for this board, there have been plenty of posts worthy of a flagrant 1, and maybe even some worthy of a flagrant 2, but it's a judgment call like in the games.

I know it happened quickly but it looked like CM was undercut on the dunk from the Patterson alley oop pass as well. They were really beating him up all game it seemed.

I know it happened quickly but it looked like CM was undercut on the dunk from the Patterson alley oop pass as well. They were really beating him up all game it seemed.
Wasn't St. John's one of his final choices for college? Bronx product, maybe they didn't like where in New York he went

Definitely wasn't a flagrant and it wasn't even that hard of a foul. He slapped his arm. If CM wasn't so weak, he doesn't get knocked to the ground. It's as if he has no clue how to brace for contact. With the kind of contact he had, he should have at the very least been able to get the ball up on the backboard.

Pat Kelly said:
Wasn't St. John's one of his final choices for college? Bronx product, maybe they didn't like where in New York he went

Yeah, looks like they offered him.

image-3883631906.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom