Flipping around tonight... | Syracusefan.com

Flipping around tonight...

supp

Hall of Fame
I know, I know, Clemson-GT is a dog of a game but the atmosphere in the Greensboro Coliseum is just awful. A morgue compared to the other games I'm watching. And more than half empty. UConn-Memphis, naturally, is electric. So is Ole Miss-MSU for good reason. But WVU is getting destroyed and the crowd there is far bigger and more into it than in Greensboro.

No good reason to hold the conf tourney there. It should alternate between NYC and DC so the conference can have an annual major event in the two metro centers that the B1G is trying to poach. NC belongs to the ACC already.

supp said:
I know, I know, Clemson-GT is a dog of a game but the atmosphere in the Greensboro Coliseum is just awful. A morgue compared to the other games I'm watching. And more than half empty. UConn-Memphis, naturally, is electric. So is Ole Miss-MSU for good reason. But WVU is getting destroyed and the crowd there is far bigger and more into it than in Greensboro. No good reason to hold the conf tourney there. It should alternate between NYC and DC so the conference can have an annual major event in the two metro centers that the B1G is trying to poach. NC belongs to the ACC already.

I'm watching the UConn game. Clemson and Georgia Tech is meaningless.

cuseguy said:

Flip on OSU-Purdue

I can't watch the rest of the ACC tourney. It's brutal. The teams all stink and the atmosphere makes me want to change the channel immediately. NCS/Miami was ok for a few minutes there, but the rest of them have been gross.

I just can't believe the ACC wants to have their tourney continue to be so dull. You WANT to showcase your conference in the best location possible. You WANT the country to feel the excitement through their TV. You don't want viewers to be bored to death and want to watch literally anything else.

Impressive first half for UConn. Can't imagine they have more than a handful of fans in Memphis. Pastner sounds like an idiot.

I was trying to think of a word that best describes the atmosphere at the ACC tournament, and this is what I could come up with: sterile. From the lighting in the arena, to the design of the court, to the way the stands are configured, to the energy in the arena. It's all just so anti-MSG that it's gonna be hard to adjust to.

I was trying to think of a word that best describes the atmosphere at the ACC tournament, and this is what I could come up with: sterile. From the lighting in the arena, to the design of the court, to the way the stands are configured, to the energy in the arena. It's all just so anti-MSG that it's gonna be hard to adjust to.

I can understand the B1G and PAC12 having an anonymous, sterile feel to their conf tourney. They just started doing all this a few years ago. But the ACC tourney is 60 years old and this is what we have? The NC teams can stuff the "history" excuse for not moving it out of Greensboro.

I know, I know, Clemson-GT is a dog of a game but the atmosphere in the Greensboro Coliseum is just awful. A morgue compared to the other games I'm watching. And more than half empty. UConn-Memphis, naturally, is electric. So is Ole Miss-MSU for good reason. But WVU is getting destroyed and the crowd there is far bigger and more into it than in Greensboro.

No good reason to hold the conf tourney there. It should alternate between NYC and DC so the conference can have an annual major event in the two metro centers that the B1G is trying to poach. NC belongs to the ACC already.

I would say NYC, DC, Atlanta. It would cover off the entire Atlantic Coast.

This is probably the only time I really miss the Big East. There was nothing like the BET. So many memories down at the Garden, and the times I didn't make it down it always had the atmosphere, best announcers and easiest on the eyes. Never was a fan of the ACCT.

shandeezy7 said:

I've always felt the ACCT "sounded" the most boring. I wonder if the crowd is muted some. The sound quality and loudness just doesn't come through for ACC games.

rrlbees said:
Shows you how much I care about the B10. I'm watching a replay. Or should I say was.

Bees, I predict OSU wins by 2. It'll be in the 60s. LOL.

Bees, I predict OSU wins by 2. It'll be in the 60s. LOL.

Already checked the final score. Lol.

I've always felt the ACCT "sounded" the most boring. I wonder if the crowd is muted some. The sound quality and loudness just doesn't come through for ACC games.
There's nobody there. When they pan the crowd, its empty. I'm going to upload a photo of the pathetic turnout.

Jasoncuse said:
There's nobody there. When they pan the crowd, its empty. I'm going to upload a photo of the pathetic turnout.

How many more years are we stuck in Greensboro?

Ole Miss-MSU...those are two awful teams fundamentally. It's as ragged as an over-40 pick-up game at the Y. And Marshall Henderson is entertaining like a clown is entertaining. His antics are funny for about 2 minutes and then you just get tired of him. He does so many stupid things out there.

Ole Miss-MSU...those are two awful teams fundamentally. It's as ragged as an over-40 pick-up game at the Y. And Marshall Henderson is entertaining like a clown is entertaining. His antics are funny for about 2 minutes and then you just get tired of him. He does so many stupid things out there.
I feel like the whole SEC is that way, outside of Florida and potentially Kentucky/Tennessee at times.

The bad BE games were pretty empty too.

rrlbees said:
Next year too then DC.

Thanks. So I only lose two years of my basketball life.

Ollie needs to to the refs. Brimah instigated that whole thing...not that there was much to it to begin with. Ollie is trying very hard to sell that whole "player's coach" thing.

Christ! We're going to OT! Don't think my heart can take another 5 mins of this.

I see now part of the problem with Greensboro Coliseum. One side of the court has 4 rows of press tables before the risers begin. No wonder you have no atmosphere there. What a sh!tty set-up.

Ollie needs to to the refs. Brimah instigated that whole thing...not that there was much to it to begin with. Ollie is trying very hard to sell that whole "player's coach" thing.

Did you know Ollie knows lebron James?

It's true!