Flipping around tonight... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Flipping around tonight...

I know, I know, Clemson-GT is a dog of a game but the atmosphere in the Greensboro Coliseum is just awful. A morgue compared to the other games I'm watching. And more than half empty. UConn-Memphis, naturally, is electric. So is Ole Miss-MSU for good reason. But WVU is getting destroyed and the crowd there is far bigger and more into it than in Greensboro.

No good reason to hold the conf tourney there. It should alternate between NYC and DC so the conference can have an annual major event in the two metro centers that the B1G is trying to poach. NC belongs to the ACC already.

I totally agree. If the ACC tournament were at NYC it would be sold out. Just saying...

I totally agree. If the ACC tournament were at NYC it would be sold out. Just saying...

If it was in MSG, it would be awesome. VA, Duke and UNC fans would be there, would you really miss the Wake and NCSU fans?

Never went to the BET at MSG (should have... one of my regrets), but wouldn't the crowd be pretty low by the last game of a 4 game set if it was a low profile game? I guess it helped that typically poor teams like Providence, Seton Hall, Rutgers, and St. John's (at times), were all fairly close to MSG.

Never went to the BET at MSG (should have... one of my regrets), but wouldn't the crowd be pretty low by the last game of a 4 game set if it was a low profile game? I guess it helped that typically poor teams like Providence, Seton Hall, Rutgers, and St. John's (at times), were all fairly close to MSG.

How far is Clemson and GT from Greensboro? I think the attendance is poor because it's not the considered by ACC fans to be the event that the BET was to BE fans. Part of the problem is that it's in Greensboro, which is not exactly the kind of town you go to for a 3-4 day party. The other problem is that the Greensboro location is emotionally deflating for the non-NC team fans in the ACC. It's been for many years almost a foregone conclusion that UNC or Duke would win. BET was much more of a free-for-all, even though SU was in about half of the BET final games (way more losses than wins).