Florida down 16 to Arkansas | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Florida down 16 to Arkansas

Looks like Florida just missed their window to get back in this one. Can't miss open floorlayups when your down big on the road.

I agree with you that in a one-game scenario, anything can happen. But to say that there's "no difference" between Michigan and Syracuse just doesn't make sense, especially with our depleted roster. They are incredibly efficient offensively, and we are not. If we played 10 times, they would probably win 8.
Boeheim owns Beilein

This is one of thise losses that says "No we really aren't a title condender"

This is one of thise losses that says "No we really aren't a title condender"

Like Duke had?

One game means nothing.

I don't want to see Florida until April

And if I recall correctly, the current Syracuse roster lost to Arkansas by 26.

Like Duke had?

One game means nothing.

Dukes loss said "We ain't title contenders without Kelly"

Sometimes one game can mean something. There is some stat about how no title winner has ever lost a game by more than 16 or something.

Trey Burke > Kevin Pittsnogle
has Trey Burke been to the elite 8?

also are you saying that Jamie Dixon has had better players than Syracuse and that's why he is 10-3 ?

has Trey Burke been to the elite 8?

also are you saying that Jamie Dixon has had better players than Syracuse and that's why he is 10-3 ?

I'm saying that this Michigan team is light-years more talented than anything Beilein had at West Virginia.

I'm saying that this Michigan team is light-years more talented than anything Beilein had at West Virginia.

I think its as much style of play than talent. We had some mediocre teams when Beilein was at wvu. It's like us and Pitt. It took our best regular season team ever to barely beat the worst Pitt team in a decade.

We have comparable talent to Michigan and I think our style of play will be tough for them.

yeah, because obviously no one else on the team would have scored any of that 40 points

Yea because Syracuse is hitting 91 all the time lately

And the final margin was 11 so I guess Fla is still a title condender, huh?

they got worked by a mediocre team. they're a title contender as much as about 13 other teams are.

so you're saying syracuse would have scored 51 in that Ark game?

Dukes loss said "We ain't title contenders without Kelly"

Sometimes one game can mean something. There is some stat about how no title winner has ever lost a game by more than 16 or something.

For whatever it's worth, UConn lost 3 games by 16 or 17 in 2011. Duke lost by 14 and 12 in 2010. Florida lost 2 games by 10 and one by 13 in 2007. Carolina lost 2 games by double figures in 2005.

So I agree in general; elite teams don't often get blown out. But Florida did rally to lose "only" by 11, and they've been so dominant this year, I think they get a bit of a mulligan.

UNC was crushed by 33 at FSU last year, and they were arguably the second best team after Fab was declared stupid, and before Kendall Marshall went down.

we should just start getting ready for next year because by your logic we have already lost the rest of our games

Like Duke had?

One game means nothing.

And if I recall correctly, the current Syracuse roster lost to Arkansas by 26.
This makes no sense. JB rode the hot hand against Arkansas, which was Southerland. How about I reverse your logic. Syracuse had 1 player beat a team that beat Florida. How's that for mental jungle gym? Oh and Duke lost without a key player and have proved nothing without him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom