Florida down 16 to Arkansas | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Florida down 16 to Arkansas

UNC was crushed by 33 at FSU last year, and they were arguably the second best team after Fab was declared stupid, and before Kendall Marshall went down.
Fab declared stupid, that's just too good.

we should just start getting ready for next year because by your logic we have already lost the rest of our games

My Logic? What the was my Logic?

People were saying how Florida is terrible and has no chance to win the title because they were getting crushed when Ark was making everything.

I countered with UF is still a good team and mentioned that Syracuse's current active roster scored only 51 against Ark. If anyone really thinks that Syracuse wins that game without Dirty nailing everything, you didn't watch it. Would Grant have made a few up? Sure. 35? Ummm...probably not.

Then someone says they have no chance because no national champ ever lost by 16 or more. Well the final margin was 11.

That's cool tho, I like my posts to get completely misrepresented.

People were saying how Florida is terrible and has no chance to win the title because they were getting crushed when Ark was making everything.

I countered with UF is still a good team and mentioned that Syracuse's current active roster scored only 51 against Ark. If anyone really thinks that Syracuse wins that game without Dirty nailing everything, you didn't watch it. Would Grant have made a few up? Sure. 35? Ummm...probably not.

Then someone says they have no chance because no national champ ever lost by 16 or more. Well the final margin was 11.

dude its a ed argument. you really think the game is gonna play out exactly the same way without james? maybe triche goes off for 35, maybe cj drops 25, maybe mcw has a triple double, maybe we slow the pace down and win a meat grinder, maybe youre right and we lose by 20. who the hell knows, but its ridiculous to play that what if game.

if you watched the Florida/Ark game tonight you know damn well that Florida was never in it and was thoroughly trounced. they may have made the score look somewhat respectable but that game was absolutely never in question.
My only point is that it had become very fashionable in the past few weeks amongst college hoops pundits to gush about the greatness of Florida, while all but writing off Syracuse due to a "bad" road loss.
Sure, Florida is still very much a contender - as is SU, Mich, Indiana, KU, Gonzaga, Ariz... get it?

and, yes, I think we would still have found a way to defeat Arkansas without Dirty's 35 - that is just as valid/likely a take as yours.

if you watched the Florida/Ark game tonight you know damn well that Florida was never in it and was thoroughly trounced. they may have made the score look somewhat respectable but that game was absolutely never in question.
My only point is that it had become very fashionable in the past few weeks amongst college hoops pundits to gush about the greatness of Florida, while all but writing off Syracuse due to a "bad" road loss.
Sure, Florida is still very much a contender - as is SU, Mich, Indiana, KU, Gonzaga, Ariz... get it?

and, yes, I think we would still have found a way to defeat Arkansas without Dirty's 35 - that is just as valid/likely a take as yours.

Ummm, that was my point.

So, if Dirty didn't score 35, someone else magically would? Because there are 35 point scorers all the time? (hence my 91 comment)

I am thinking you didn't watch that game....they hit everything too. Hell is James is 6-13 (pretty good %) its a tie in reg. James answered them everytime, and were pushed the whole game. I will say, sure it is possible, but was not very likely...

Arkansas shot 39% that game, so I don't know I'd say they hit everything. They did take a ton of FT. But that was a really fast game; they scored 82 points in 86 possessions, which isn't very good.

We very well may have lost that game without James. To be honest, the more I think about it, we probably would've; the guy played the game of his life against them. But I do think just saying how many points the current roster had is kind of misleading.

I guess I missed the memo that everyone was handing Fla the national title. I'm sure a few people said they were playing the best, which I think is hard to argue with. They don't have any KU "miracle 3 to force OT against Iowa St at home" equivalents. And their most previous recent loss was when they dominated Arizona on the road for the first 30+ minutes, and they were #1 in kenpom by a lot.

As for SU-ARK, JB said himself in one of his postgame pressers that they don't win without JS going off. Maybe that was just his "temper enthusiasm after another win" routine, but probably not imo. Either way common opponents don't mean that much. When Duke won it a couple yrs ago they were blitzed by G'town (who we beat on the road) and made a few baskets at the end to make the score look semi-respectable, just like the game last night.

I guess I missed the memo that everyone was handing Fla the national title. I'm sure a few people said they were playing the best, which I think is hard to argue with. They don't have any KU "miracle 3 to force OT against Iowa St at home" equivalents. And their most previous recent loss was when they dominated Arizona on the road for the first 30+ minutes, and they were #1 in kenpom by a lot.

As for SU-ARK, JB said himself in one of his postgame pressers that they don't win without JS going off. Maybe that was just his "temper enthusiasm after another win" routine, but probably not imo. Either way common opponents don't mean that much. When Duke won it a couple yrs ago they were blitzed by G'town (who we beat on the road) and made a few baskets at the end to make the score look semi-respectable, just like the game last night.

Exactly. Identifying a team that you think is the best is not equivalent to "let's crown their asses" or saying that they are the best team in the "history of the universe" or that every other team sucks. It's simply saying you think said team is a cut above.

I don't read squat into last night's game. They are still very accomplished and very dangerous imo. Doesn't mean they will win the title, or even reach the Sweet 16. There are a bunch of very capable teams. Perhaps 40 can reach the final four imo.

Exactly. Identifying a team that you think is the best is not equivalent to "let's crown their asses" or saying that they are the best team in the "history of the universe" or that every other team sucks. It's simply saying you think said team is a cut above.

I don't read squat into last night's game. They are still very accomplished and very dangerous imo. Doesn't mean they will win the title, or even reach the Sweet 16. There are a bunch of very capable teams. Perhaps 40 can reach the final four imo.
The Universe and history of the Universe are quite different.

you are saying that we have to take out James production and cannot replace it with anything

hence your we only scored 51 points with the current roster

also Grant played 1 minute in that game so your little "current roster" argument isn't even valid

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom