Florida isn't that good. | Syracusefan.com

Florida isn't that good.

orangefan13

Hall of Fame
The spread was 21, I got a deal with them at 16 and they didn't even hit 16 once all game against the worst team in the tournament.
They aren't going that far, no halfcourt offense.

Last edited:
Florida had an off game. They will be really tough.

Fla seems to have no organized D or O .. just seem to rely on superior athletics and muscle

The spread was 21, I got a deal with them at 16 and they didn't even hit 16 once all game.
They aren't going that far, no halfcourt offense.

They were undefeated in conference and the #1 seed overall. Not that good huh ? :crazy:

I was looking at their schedule last night. 32-2 overall and 8-2 against tournament teams which looks pretty good. Then I looked closer. 6 of their wins against tournament teams are against 11 seed Tenn and 8 seed UK. Their 7th win was against 8 seed Memphis. Their best win was against Kansas, who played a very tough schedule but was hardly unbeatable this year losing 9 games. It's amazing how year in and year out the media hammers Syracuse on their schedule and I don't remember hearing anything about UF playing a soft schedule.

I just say they aren't that good out of betting spite. However today they looked really bad. All pound it inside to the wwf player, jack threes, no midrange game at all, passing and assists not that good, no great pg to set up plays, and their ball movement isn't all that good outside their Young inside. If they kept them out of transition today, they could have lost.

Without orange glasses, IMO our chemsitry is better, but haven't watched them outside today much.

Florida had an off game. They will be really tough.

Technically they had a great game compared to some of there season averages:

Better FG%
Better FT%
Hit their steals average.
More blocks.
Less turnovers.
Hit their assists average.
3 points less than their average per game.
Held Albany to 2 less points than they usually gave up.

With all that, they still had some trouble with Albany. I'm not as much concerned with them as I was before. Pitt could beat them.

Their schedule was terrible, the SEC had so many bad teams they should be considered a mid-major for basketball. Actually the conference is so bad, that would be an insult to mid-major's.

pearl31 said:
at your posts? yeah, couldn't agree more

You're right, if I call out facts or say that any other team is even decent it's funny. It's amazing to me that it's funny all I do is get crap on every post I make because I say BMK has awful hands and isn't a great D1 player. What that has to do with me laughing when people start spouting off that Florida isn't good I don't know, but to say Florida isn't good is an absolute joke.

You're right, if I call out facts or say that any other team is even decent it's funny. It's amazing to me that it's funny all I do is get crap on every post I make because I say BMK has awful hands and isn't a great D1 player. What that has to do with me laughing when people start spouting off that Florida isn't good I don't know, but to say Florida isn't good is an absolute joke.
He said Florida isn't THAT good. Not Florida isn't good.

cusetown1 said:
He said Florida isn't THAT good. Not Florida isn't good.

Semantics right?

s90aH1z.png

Listen I am okay with not being a kool aid drinker, but your negativity is a joke. You troll and then don't eat humble pie when your wrong.
This thread is why you lost all creditability from me.
http://syracusefan.com/threads/western-michigan-looks-like-vermont.72275/#post-991535

Florida's not intimidating outside of athleticism.. They rely upon athleticism and size in a horribly weak SEC conference.

Listen I am okay with not being a kool aid drinker, but your negativity is a joke. You troll and then don't eat humble pie when your wrong.
This thread is why you lost all creditability from me.
http://syracusefan.com/threads/western-michigan-looks-like-vermont.72275/#post-991535
Well, two3zone didn't even post in that thread...

Everyone knows that the only conference that is good is the one syracuse is in. Syracuse struggled against UNC Asheville...did they get the same overrated talk in here? This tournament is about win and advance.

Also wilbekin SEC player of the year... Guess they don't have a good point guard

Last edited:
Well then to quote Col. Jessup from A Few Good Men "well don't feel I like a dumb ahole"

I apologize and I was wrong you aren't the troll and I clearly can't read.

I didn't write that thread. Different user, same names just spelled differently.
I was wrong and I apologize for comparing you to a troll who just spews dumb negative crap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom