Florida isn't that good. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Florida isn't that good.

I guess we weren't very good because Asheville hung with us a couple years ago?

I picked Pitt over Florida. Think about it guys the SEC sucks as a basketball conference. Pitt in that conference is a clear number two, maybe the best team in that conference. I am just not a believer that the SEC has good basketball. If Pitt loses to Florida I'll come back and apologize on Saturday.

Czar said:
I guess we weren't very good because Asheville hung with us a couple years ago?

Never understood the logic when it comes to college basketball when teams are compared to past teams. With players playing only 4 years for each team it never made sense to me.

They play good d and are an extremely unselfish team. That combo lets you play every game tough even if the shots aren't falling.

I've watched them play all season. So much better than when I saw them in person a few years ago. I can't believe that Young and Yeguete still have eligibility. They're very good. They do have off days, however. Today was one of those. I know another team that doesn't impress from time to time.

The spread was 21, I got a deal with them at 16 and they didn't even hit 16 once all game against the worst team in the tournament.
They aren't going that far, no halfcourt offense.

They're good again. But Boeheim seems to do really well against Donovan. We've won most of the times we've played them the last few years, haven't we?

Pitt has busted more of my brackets than any team, but they may just be the team to take Fla out, which I have in my bracket. But the real reason I have Pitt winning is that they have underperformed for so long that I figure they are over due to win one.

Pitt will take them out. Book it.

IthacaMatt said:
They're good again. But Boeheim seems to do really well against Donovan. We've won most of the times we've played them the last few years, haven't we?

Who on our team and how on their team still get significant minutes from those days? Not a popular post what what was Belines record against JB before last year?

I was looking at their schedule last night. 32-2 overall and 8-2 against tournament teams which looks pretty good. Then I looked closer. 6 of their wins against tournament teams are against 11 seed Tenn and 8 seed UK. Their 7th win was against 8 seed Memphis. Their best win was against Kansas, who played a very tough schedule but was hardly unbeatable this year losing 9 games. It's amazing how year in and year out the media hammers Syracuse on their schedule and I don't remember hearing anything about UF playing a soft schedule.

Awfully nitpicky.
@Wiscy, KU, FSU, @UConn & Memphis is a pretty good non-conf.
Everyone knows and has said the SEC stinks this year.
UK & Tenn. - like Pitt ironically - are better than their seeds though according to all the metrics, losing most of their close games. They are 8 and 11 in part because they were 0-6 vs Fla instead of 2-4. Putting those games out of reach before the final couple minutes on the road is impressive. And they waffle crushed them both at home.

I would love to see Pitt take these guys out. Bottom line is that UF out muscles teams near the basket. That is their biggest advantage. If you force them to shoot the ball from 15 feet and out, they aren't that good.

Wilbeken (sp?) is the key to that team, much like Ennis is to us.

Thanks. How'm I doing? I'm in big trouble... Fell back into love... It's all over but the nagging...

Well, two3zone didn't even post in that thread...

Everyone knows that the only conference that is good is the one syracuse is in. Syracuse struggled against UNC Asheville...did they get the same overrated talk in here? This tournament is about win and advance.

Also wilbekin SEC player of the year... Guess they don't have a good point guard

He wasn't the best point guard in the only game they've played in the tourney so far.

I was wondering before the tourney why Wichita St. was getting killed but Florida was getting a pass. I think some of the teams in the Shockers conference could have done pretty well in the SEC.

He wasn't the best point guard in the only game they've played in the tourney so far.

I was wondering before the tourney why Wichita St. was getting killed but Florida was getting a pass. I think some of the teams in the Shockers conference could have done pretty well in the SEC.
Arkansas just beat Indiana St by 20 in the NIT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom