Florida State Crowd Predictions | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Florida State Crowd Predictions

So, we get a hype vid for WMU, but none for FSU, when we need to get butts in the seat?

If it wasn't for the block party/quad, I'd think they stopped caring ...

Soccer? I can understand. :)

If I lived in Syracuse I'd go. I'm 3 hours away and kid #1 has a JV game starting at 10am. So that's a no-go for me no matter what.
Yeah I was just messing with you. If my kid was playing JV it would probably be a different story since those coaches aren't as forgiving as the 10 year old Rec league coach who has to coach 17 kids anyway and just wants it to be over.

Why is it "shameful"?
Why? Because Florida State is coming to town, it's on a big stage, and it's winnable, and there are a ton of open seats left. The game is in a little over 24hrs, and we can hardly crack 40,000.
I guess I got spoiled when we would draw over 40,000 for a nooner against Rutgers.

I can't be at the game, so I'm not going to pass any judgment on the crowd size.

I suspect many people here are going to be disappointed. Don't let it detract from your enjoyment of the day. I'm quite sure the people who are in the Dome will be loud and create a tremendous home field advantage.

Remember, SU football hasn't had a winning season in 5 years. We've had all of 3 winning seasons in the past 17 years, and never more than 8 wins and a middling bowl. Since McNabb's senior year we are 98-134. The whole "belief without evidence" thingis a cute marketing slogan, but it's not the way attendance works these days. People need proof to spend their money and give their time.

Hopefully the ~35-38K in the building tomorrow get to celebrate a big win. Keep it up and that'll be ~45-48K before we know it.

But seriously, just enjoy the game.

And college football attendance is down almost across the board. Down some 10% overall since 2008.

The back rows of the upper sidelines.
Do you know what this is used to accomplish? Im guessing either they aim to give those seats away for free or that they’re trying to push the crowd together to seem more full? Idk

I believe the upper level side line seats are not being held back and have been sold since they are only $35.

The two biggest crowds I remember

Second largest: SU vs Miami in (I believe) 93 against Torreta (Must have been 45-50K)
Largest: Clemson last year. Over 300,000 people attended that game (or so they claim)
The Miami game was '92.

Still thinking we'll be around 38-40k. I think the 3rd level isn't as full as we think.

Will probably be 36k, but whatever. Just be loud.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom