Florida State Crowd Predictions | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Florida State Crowd Predictions

100% agreed on the season price. And agreed on those seats being among the best in the house. But again, to the casual fan, they’re thinking “I’m not paying $100 a seat to sit in the nosebleeds for 1 game”. Especially considering the product on the field for the past 20 years.

Hardly the "nosebleeds." For football I think those are the best seats in the Dome.

And there’s other cheaper options for them available.
Depends on whether the priority is filling the Dome or maintaining the pricing structure.

We need to take the Redbox philosophy. They priced movies at $.99 per night until they put blockbuster out of business. Now that they're well known with little competition it's $1.75.

Empty $110 seats are useless. Maybe the people that can only afford the cheaper seats aren't interested in the location when they can have a better view at home for free but would be willing to pay the same price for better seats. Price to sell and recoup at concessions. You get people hooked and as the product becomes more popular you raise prices appropriately.

Something to ponder... I suspect that a very large share of SU football fans (both avid and casual) are also SU hoops fans. For the people that are living on some semblance of a budget (which is most people) choices have to be made.

Given that people have very high expectations for the hoops team this season, it wouldn't surprise me if many people decided to save their SU sports money to attend 1-2 basketball games and forego football.

I think this is a critical weekend to get people back into the SU football fold. Even if this is a down year for FSU, a win still carries a lot of cache. Beating Clemson last year really got people enthused, and then we proceeded to vomit all over ourselves for literally the remainder of the season. Gotta get a win and build back some fan confidence.

Depends on whether the priority is filling the Dome or maintaining the pricing structure.

We need to take the Redbox philosophy. They priced movies at $.99 per night until they put blockbuster out of business. Now that they're well known with little competition it's $1.75.

Empty $110 seats are useless. Maybe the people that can only afford the cheaper seats aren't interested in the location when they can have a better view at home for free but would be willing to pay the same price for better seats. Price to sell and recoup at concessions. You get people hooked and as the product becomes more popular you raise prices appropriately.

They’ve studied it. And they’ve decided not to sell them for less than they charge season ticket holders who paid that price.

I'd pay $110 for Iron Maiden. $110 for a football game?, I'd stay home and watch.

A family of 4 at those prices is funny.
Iron Maiden, yes! My first ever concert. Number of the beast tour and they opened for Priest. What a show!

Sorry just felt compelled to mention that. Please carry on with the over priced football tickets discussion.

Plenty of 50 yard line seats in the upper tier for $50. You can find them by calling the carrier dome ticket office.

Hardly the "nosebleeds." For football I think those are the best seats in the Dome.
I agree with this. But my argument is from the perspective of the casual fan. While all of us understand that those seats are great, the casual fan sees “300 level” and thinks nosebleeds. For $110 a pop. And even $50 a pop (while I agree that $50 is a much better price point for a single game ticket).

They’ve studied it. And they’ve decided not to sell them for less than they charge season ticket holders who paid that price.
Then they’ll continue to remain empty. Unless we have a surge of season ticket purchases next year after going 10-2 this season with a bowl win.

Then they’ll continue to remain empty. Unless we have a surge of season ticket purchases next year after going 10-2 this season with a bowl win.

Getting 25,000 football season ticket holders after a few winning season will make things a lot easier for the marketing department and box office. In my opinion having to sell 30,000+ seats in a week is nearly impossible with any pricing structure and the fact this team has not won on a consistent basis in years.

That’s why a win over FSU is so critical for ticket sales to the UConn game which has a perfect start time of 4:00 p.m.

Looks like lower bowl is full but plenty of seats in the upper level.

We have any update on the seating chart Brent provided yesterday??

We have any update on the seating chart Brent provided yesterday??

as of right now.

0000547C9E877151artistid=829348&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=8&tm_link=artist_msg-0_0000547C9E8...png

I can't be at the game, so I'm not going to pass any judgment on the crowd size.

I suspect many people here are going to be disappointed. Don't let it detract from your enjoyment of the day. I'm quite sure the people who are in the Dome will be loud and create a tremendous home field advantage.

Remember, SU football hasn't had a winning season in 5 years. We've had all of 3 winning seasons in the past 17 years, and never more than 8 wins and a middling bowl. Since McNabb's senior year we are 98-134. The whole "belief without evidence" thingis a cute marketing slogan, but it's not the way attendance works these days. People need proof to spend their money and give their time.

Hopefully the ~35-38K in the building tomorrow get to celebrate a big win. Keep it up and that'll be ~45-48K before we know it.

But seriously, just enjoy the game.

If thats true, not bad. Maybe they sell an 1/8th of the remaining seats during/following the block party?

Would have to be after as I don't believe they will be selling tickets at the block party. In fact I am 99.9% sure they wont be.

Would have to be after as I don't believe they will be selling tickets at the block party. In fact I am 99.9% sure they wont be.
Is it illegal to sell to the less than sober??

Well... I can't find the hype vid for this game.. What up with that?

Here's last year's, for an away game.

I can't be at the game, so I'm not going to pass any judgment on the crowd size.

I suspect many people here are going to be disappointed. Don't let it detract from your enjoyment of the day. I'm quite sure the people who are in the Dome will be loud and create a tremendous home field advantage.

Remember, SU football hasn't had a winning season in 5 years. We've had all of 3 winning seasons in the past 17 years, and never more than 8 wins and a middling bowl. Since McNabb's senior year we are 98-134. The whole "belief without evidence" thingis a cute marketing slogan, but it's not the way attendance works these days. People need proof to spend their money and give their time.

Hopefully the ~35-38K in the building tomorrow get to celebrate a big win. Keep it up and that'll be ~45-48K before we know it.

As long as SU wins, I don't care if I'm the only one in the Dome, I'll be happy.

Exactly, Going to be fun and looking forward to it. Girls have swim practice from 7-9am and will be on the road from there.

I have 1 kid playing soccer on Sat. I will not be at his game...and neither will he!

Soccer? I can understand. :)

If I lived in Syracuse I'd go. I'm 3 hours away and kid #1 has a JV game starting at 10am. So that's a no-go for me no matter what.

As someone who works in ticketing, there's no doubt in my mind that those huge blocks in the back of the upper deck sidelines are definitely being held back currently.
Thats the student section correct?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom