Florida State Crowd Predictions | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Florida State Crowd Predictions

I estimated about 10-12k left. Either way still not good. At least the bottom bowl is practically full... trying to look at the positives.
Idk - ~5k walk ups, and another couple of days until gameday. I’d say that being about 10-12k away right now is pretty decent. That puts us at 45k for the game, maybe more.

That’s pretty good.

First big game at the Dome for Frosh so they'll be there in big numbers. I would think we'll have a hostile crowd, final number be damned.
It’s early in the season. The underclassmen would be there regardless. But we’re 2-0 with hope. Even the most jaded of upperclassmen has a reason to go. And, it’s FSU ... students will be there.

Idk - ~5k walk ups, and another couple of days until gameday. I’d say that being about 10-12k away right now is pretty decent. That puts us at 45k for the game, maybe more.

That’s pretty good.

5K walkups would be a gigantic #. I would be surprised if we got even half of that.

5K walkups would be a gigantic #. I would be surprised if we got even half of that.
Walk-ups on gameday? I doubt they do 500 new tickets at the booths on game day. College Football is way different than minor league baseball.

Overflows will be packed, at least for the 1st half, with students.

If we’re under 40k, I’d consider that disappointing.

Id be prepared to be disappointed unfortunately. A late push could get us slightly over 40K but the momentum/buzz isn't there for much more then that.

Id be prepared to be disappointed unfortunately. A late push could get us slightly over 40K but the momentum/buzz isn't there for much more then that.
Crazy man - it won’t drag me down... fired up for this one. We haven’t had a lot of games to look forward to like this in the past couple decades.

Opportunity knocks...

Crowd will increase as the first half continues. We end the first quarter up 17-3. Dont know how the next three go

Crazy man - it won’t drag me down... fired up for this one. We haven’t had a lot of games to look forward to like this in the past couple decades.

Opportunity knocks...

You don't have to tell me, ive been thinking about it all week. I think if the schedule was flipped and Uconn was this week and we were 3-0 the buzz would start to pick up. Either way I dont care how many are there lets just get this win and lets get back to national relevance for the first time in in nearly two decades.

It’s the donation for some of the seats that drives it up. They’ve decided they are going to maintain that prorating.

As I understand the new tax law, the people who would be buying these tickets won't be able to include this as a deduction anymore. The standard deduction is higher so they wouldn't itemize. So does it make sense to keep including donation amounts in our ticket prices?

(There's a discussion for another board about whether people would have more disposable income and would use it to donate to an Athletic program. I personally don't believe people think that way and are more likely to donate if they think they're directly getting 40% of it back at tax time.)

You know it is kinda nice to be a UCF at times...they had over 18K students show up for their last game. I know a lot of it is bandwagon due to their recent success but having a large mostly organic Florida fan base has a few good points. If we get 5-6000 students I'll be pretty happy. Cuse has so many International Connecticut/NJ/Long Island students who don't get Football care about anything.

Fixed. It's a problem, and the nooner won't help.

we had 32K last time they were here. i dont expect them to bring a ton. just getting over 33K is enough to make a difference.

we have had only one game over 39K in the last 2 yrs so dont expect 40K now.

I estimated about 10-12k left. Either way still not good. At least the bottom bowl is practically full... trying to look at the positives.

If the 100 level is full, and the 300 level is full-ish between the 20s, then the crowd will look good on TV. From a brand standpoint that makes a difference.

I really wish SU would move the sideline fixed camera to the away side and shoot the home side. Would need to flip the turf, but the home side is always more full and has the students. Shooting the silver on the away side stinks.

If the 100 level is full, and the 300 level is full-ish between the 20s, then the crowd will look good on TV. From a brand standpoint that makes a difference.

I really wish SU would move the sideline fixed camera to the away side and shoot the home side. Would need to flip the turf, but the home side is always more full and has the students. Shooting the silver on the away side stinks.

Unfortunately, only the top half of the 300 level looks full between the 20s. Lower half has so many available it might as well be the group sales section.

One thing we should let any fans know if they want to purchase tickets to the FSU game is there are no fees if they call the Carrier Dome box office for tickets.

That’s not 100% true.

We have won against the best team we played in the Dome each of the past two years.

Maybe the seasons have been let downs, but not the big time games.

And just like FHCDM had some nice marque wins during bad overall seasons in his early years, we will have our 2012 to follow also (or better)
I don't think you understand the casual fan. The team will have to have season long success for them to really care about any game. It may take more than one for people to believe it's for real this time.

I don't think you understand the casual fan. The team will have to have season long success for them to really care about any game. It may take more than one for people to believe it's for real this time.
That's kind of pathetic. Its big time college football in CNY.

That's kind of pathetic. Its big time college football in CNY.
That's the definition of casual. They don't care about college football, regardless of how bigtime it is. They care about what's currently cool and a good show. It's been a loooooooooonnnnnnngggggg time since we could claim to be both of those thigs. People need to stop thinking the casual fan thinks like the people on this board or cares about the same things.

Living in a football crazed area like Knoxville, I find the Syracuse thinking refreshing. People that know nothing about sports here act like huge fans and are obnoxious. The priority on sports here in SEC country is way out of wack. My preference would be a thought process somewhere in the middle, but in a world of extremes, I don't know that that is realistic.

How did they travel 2 years ago?
I remember 2 years ago they had a large showing but not huge. Not the 5 or 6 k we sometimes get with the football factories.
With there lackluster start to the season I would not expect they will be more then 3k