Florida State Crowd Predictions | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Florida State Crowd Predictions

Since this will likely be the best team to come to the dome this year, and also ACC opener. However it is a noon kickoff. My guess is 40-41k. What are your guys guesses for the crowd?
I hope that the local TV sports departments are suggesting that people should head to the game on the nightly news.

For what it's worth, (no, not Buffalo-Springfield) ESPN says there are 1820 tickets available. I don't know who their source is but I feel the number is probably closer to 5k. If they are correct it would put attendance at around 44,000 plus walk-ups... I would be happy with that. Of course a sell out would be better.

they aren't close to being right.

For what it's worth, (no, not Buffalo-Springfield) ESPN says there are 1820 tickets available. I don't know who their source is but I feel the number is probably closer to 5k. If I am correct it would put attendance at around 44,000 plus walk-ups... I would be happy with that. Of course a sell out would be better.

That's the number of tickets available on VividSeats.com -- a secondary ticket market.

Buying a $35 ticket to a game against Florida State isn’t exactly “committing”.

Even after parking and concessions.

It’s a game on national TV against a traditional power in which a lot of recruits will either attend or will watch on TV. Shouldn’t be asking too much to get fence sitters to rally for this one.

We’ll see this Saturday.

Random thought I had. So currently we probably have sold 30k seats lets say. Imagine if half of the people who have tickets now just found 1 extra person to go to the game. bam 45k... I wish it was that easy.

Yeah it could be tricky if you already had seats in a crowded lower section.

“Want to come to the game with us? OK you’re in the upper end zone by yourself. See you in 4 hours!"

I think another major problem is Ticketmaster adding $10 in fees on each ticket sold. The university should consider ticket booth downtown or having a kiosk manned at the Destiny USA during game weeks where people can purchase no fee tickets.

It would seem obvious that we're still overpricing the upper deck tickets on the sidelines. $110 per ticket per ticketmaster, not including fees.

I wouldn't worry about the season ticket holders in those sections complaining. There are giant chunks of unsold seats in those sections. You'd never know who's who.

you charge for season tickets but if there is no demand, why not just buy the 3-4 games you really want to see, sit in a slightly higher seat and pay 1/2 the cost.. many are doing that.

row M is $110, row 0 is $50 ,

15 years ago where i used to sit was seasons almost to the top now its lucky if the first 10 rows are 50% full.i finally moved when i got tired of being the only people in 3 full rows of seats. took the savings and buy dome dogs

Yeah it could be tricky if you already had seats in a crowded lower section.

“Want to come to the game with us? OK you’re in the upper end zone by yourself. See you in 4 hours!"
Ha! Yes you have a good point, but I guess it comes down to if anyone can even convince a couple of their friends to come tailgate with them before and then they go sit by themselves. Still a fun experience and you can meet up at half time etc. Just food for thought. I am sure all the hardcores like us are doing everything they can to bring the casual friend in.

you charge for season tickets but if there is no demand, why not just buy the 3-4 games you really want to see, sit in a slightly higher seat and pay 1/2 the cost.. many are doing that.

15 years ago where i used to sit was seasons almost to the top now its lucky if the first 10 rows are 50% full.i finally moved when i got tired of being the only people in 3 full rows of seats. took the savings and buy dome dogs
The pricing needs to be restructered. I saw the same thing, they have a hard cut off line where it should be gradual over many rows. Why would someone sit in a seat from roq A - M when theyre over double the cost as if you were in N and up?

For example if it went from:

D: $110
E: $100
F:$90
G:$85
H:$80

Wouldn't this make more sense?

That's why I don't get the discrepancy. I mean, I would if they were selling, but they're not.

I've said this before but I've sat almost everywhere in the Dome for football, and outside of the last couple rows of the middle deck end zone (the upper deck overhang creates a dark cave), there are no bad seats.

Certainly not a $75 difference for a fanbase you're trying to re-energize.

It would seem obvious that we're still overpricing the upper deck tickets on the sidelines. $110 per ticket per ticketmaster, not including fees.

I wouldn't worry about the season ticket holders in those sections complaining. There are giant chunks of unsold seats in those sections. You'd never know who's who.

$110 is absurd for upper level seats given our attendance.

Should be like $40-$50 tops.

I can’t blame the average fan for taking a wait and see approach before committing. We’ve been laying eggs in this situation for 20 years. Believe it or not most people don’t like getting crane kicked in the nuts repeatedly. Members of this board are excluded of course.
That’s not 100% true.

We have won against the best team we played in the Dome each of the past two years.

Maybe the seasons have been let downs, but not the big time games.

And just like FHCDM had some nice marque wins during bad overall seasons in his early years, we will have our 2012 to follow also (or better)

I always say that if the Dome has a legit 42K in the building it both looks good and sounds loud as hell. Hopefully we attract that, but I can't be there so I won't be judging.

Lots of top of the Dome folks have moved down. I'm now in 320 by the entrance...I love the 2 min trip to my stainless steel trough and back. Mr. Excitement is still babbling about Yancey Fancy when I get back.

I always say that if the Dome has a legit 42K in the building it both looks good and sounds loud as hell. Hopefully we attract that, but I can't be there so I won't be judging.
Dude...that is so unlike this board.

Judge away from 250 miles. LOL

I can’t blame the average fan for taking a wait and see approach before committing. We’ve been laying eggs in this situation for 20 years. Believe it or not most people don’t like getting crane kicked in the nuts repeatedly. Members of this board are excluded of course.
Hurts so good

Checked out the Ticketmaster website yesterday and today. Tickets do not seem to be selling for the FSU game. Hopefully there will be a push on Thursday and a Friday or the university should offer some ticket deals for families or free kids tickets with an adult.

It's sad to see the struggle to sell tickets for such a big game, but that's not new news. Back when my dad and I had seasons from 92-02 there was nothing like the buzz of a packed Dome before a big game kickoff. Nothing. Of course I'm part of the problem, became casual to SU football as I got older. My two true passion are the Bills and Cuse hoops, but I'm trying to get back. There was a time when Cuse football was right there..when I moved to Rochester from the ADKs about 10 years ago I immediately got Bills season tickets. I gave them up a few years ago and have since mixed in one Cuse football game with the normal 2-3 Bills games a year. I'll be there for the Carolina game this year with some friends who I brought to the Dome for the first time last year. Might do Lousiville to and forgoe the Bills/Bears game 4 days earlier...So perhaps the pendulum is swinging back a bit. I wont lie, this FSU game is big to those of us who drifted to the fringe over the last 15 years. It feels good to be nervous the week of a Syracuse football game again.

if this game wasnt a noon start , it probably come close to selling out

Need to reduce seating capacity with stadium rework. 44k is perfect. More seat backs. More room. Makes too much sense. Create some supply and demand for big games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom