Florida State Seminoles 2019 | Syracusefan.com

Florida State Seminoles 2019

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
Do they keep rebuilding or are they back? Lets hear some opinions on our most impactful road opponent of 2019.

FSU isn't winning a thing until their OL improves. They have plenty of talent all over on both sides but it doesn't matter if you can't call 90% of the plays in your playbook because the opposing defense is in your backfield immediately after the snap.

Is it possible to get 5-7k there of our fans? if we made around 3 times that for a bowl we should be able to get at least 5k there from florida orange fans plus the northern fans

FSU isn't winning a thing until their OL improves. They have plenty of talent all over on both sides but it doesn't matter if you can't call 90% of the plays in your playbook because the opposing defense is in your backfield immediately after the snap.
^^^This^^^ Big time! (To quote a former Vice President.) Francois was constantly running for his life. If you go back to the Papa Bowden days and the early days of Jimbo, they had monster lines that opened huge holes and protected their QBs. Go onto YouTube and watch videos of when Charlie Ward and Chris Weinke played. It's more than a "night and day" difference between then and now. Between their poor OL play and that we play them in C'ville, I chalk this up as a 50-50 game for UVa instead of the sure loss it would have been in the past.

Do they keep rebuilding or are they back? Lets hear some opinions on our most impactful road opponent of 2019.
Yes, their OL is horrible and the short term prospects of it improving are not good.

Right now, they have 2 scholarship QBs on their roster (I am not counting the UL QB who just announced he is transferring to FSU because he won't be eligible for another year). However, one of them, the Francois kid, is said to be strongly considering going pro or transferring to another program, where he would be eligible immediately as a grad transfer.

The new OC, Kendall Briles, if he survives the firestorm surrounding his hire, will be tasked with implementing a system that takes 3 years to implement, with little to work with in the way of OL or QBs.

The defense was ranked 80th in the country last season, with their pass yardage allowed ranked 117th.

I would not expect immediate success.

Yes, their OL is horrible and the short term prospects of it improving are not good.

Right now, they have 2 scholarship QBs on their roster (I am not counting the UL QB who just announced he is transferring to FSU because he won't be eligible for another year). However, one of them, the Francois kid, is said to be strongly considering going pro or transferring to another program, where he would be eligible immediately as a grad transfer.

The new OC, Kendall Briles, if he survives the firestorm surrounding his hire, will be tasked with implementing a system that takes 3 years to implement, with little to work with in the way of OL or QBs.

The defense was ranked 80th in the country last season, with their pass yardage allowed ranked 117th.

I would not expect immediate success.
It would be great if their OL is rough again next year. Robinson and Coleman can have one more all you can eat buffet as seniors.

I agree with this from an on the field standpoint for sure. The problem that I am starting to see is Wille vs the fan base. It is really starting to get ugly. Many think that Willie should have never been hired and has never really accomplished anything as a HC. I am not close enough to the situation to have an opinion one way or the other, but it seems like the division with in the entire program (coaches, fan base, administration, local media) is getting bigger and bigger. If they start off slow next year it may become ugly.

I agree with this from an on the field standpoint for sure. The problem that I am starting to see is Wille vs the fan base. It is really starting to get ugly. Many think that Willie should have never been hired and has never really accomplished anything as a HC. I am not close enough to the situation to have an opinion one way or the other, but it seems like the division with in the entire program (coaches, fan base, administration, local media) is getting bigger and bigger. If they start off slow next year it may become ugly.

Agreed, I don't know if Willie is the answer there or not but his first year couldn't have gone much worse. I don't think WT did himself any favors but I don't think Jimbo would win much with that OL either. Their OL has been a problem the last few years and finally came to a head last year where some games they'd literally struggle to even find 5 scholarship guys to piece a unit together after injuries and what not - which is on Jimbo for lack of recruiting/development there.

Will be interesting to see how they do next year and how patient that administration is with WT to get things back on track. His strength was supposed to be recruiting and their class is only 15th.

They are so back

giphy2.gif

7-5 or so. We are not in a position to start chalking up road wins like this in the offseason.

Agreed, I don't know if Willie is the answer there or not but his first year couldn't have gone much worse. I don't think WT did himself any favors but I don't think Jimbo would win much with that OL either. Their OL has been a problem the last few years and finally came to a head last year where some games they'd literally struggle to even find 5 scholarship guys to piece a unit together after injuries and what not - which is on Jimbo for lack of recruiting/development there.

Will be interesting to see how they do next year and how patient that administration is with WT to get things back on track. His strength was supposed to be recruiting and their class is only 15th.

I agree too, Jimbo didnt do them any favors and it was a mess on his way out. Didn't talk to his O-Line coach for a year and things like that? Sounds like he started pushing the bus downhill before he left. Jimbo is just so strong as an X's and O's guy that he was able to overcome many issues, but the O Line issues are 100% on him IMO

Taggert and his staff are going to be coaching for their lives and that team is full of high end recruits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom