Florida State thoughts | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Florida State thoughts

Sorry if anyone thought i was talling down to them. Its just frustrating when you make your statement and i literally sent you Kenpom breakdown. I also noticed you literally cant refute the point on a factual basis which tells who is correct. You can prove me VERY WRONG by answering this simple question.
When the season starts how can you have a SOS if no games have been played? My answer is because its a predictive measure based on the pre season rankings. What is your answer to that simple question?

There are predictive metrics used but it is not the USA Today or AP poll which was your original statement that I disagreed with that started this whole thing.

Explaining college basketball's new NET ranking (and why fans are mad)

For fans who are stressing over the NET rankings, keep in mind that the NCAA’s team sheets (which break down each school’s schedule and results, and are used to determine the NCAA Tournament field) still feature other metrics including Kevin Pauga’s Index (which has Kansas at No. 1) and ESPN’s Basketball Power Index (which has North Carolina at No. 1, Virginia at No. 2, Kansas at No. 3, Gonzaga at No. 4 and Duke at No. 5). The team sheets also include predictive metrics from Ken Pomeroy of kenpom.com (whose Top 5 is Duke, Kansas, Virginia, North Carolina, Gonzaga) and Jeff Sagarin of USA TODAY(whose Top 5 is Duke, Michigan State, Gonzaga, Michigan and North Carolina).

Sorry if anyone thought i was talling down to them. Its just frustrating when you make your statement and i literally sent you Kenpom breakdown. I also noticed you literally cant refute the point on a factual basis which tells who is correct. You can prove me VERY WRONG by answering this simple question.
When the season starts how can you have a SOS if no games have been played? My answer is because its a predictive measure based on the pre season rankings. What is your answer to that simple question?

Because the analytical models base their pre-season team rankings on previous year player efficiency data for returning players and estimates for new players. As with any data based model, it improves throughout the season as the actual players/teams record performance information.

I continue to be curious about your strange behavior on this topic.

Although rankings do not affect tiers, I surmise that all the highly ranked teams like UNC and VT are also tier 1. If there are 4 quadrants, I assume that 1/4 of all teams are in each quadrant?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom