Florida vs. UCF | Syracusefan.com

Florida vs. UCF

SWC75

Bored Historian
This traditional sunshine state power is taking on one of the new kids on the block on ESPN right now. Central Florida leads Florida 26-17 in the fourth quarter. It's not David vs. Goliath. Consider these facts about the traditional Florida powers and two challengers:

The University of Florida is a school with 56,567 students in Gainesville, which has a standard metropolitan area of 339,247 and is in the northern part of the state.

Florida State is a school with 41,551 students in Tallahassee, which has a standard metropolitan area of 385,145 and is in the northwestern part of the state, in the Panhandle.

The University of Miami is a private school with 17,811 students, (Syracuse has 21,322), in Coral Gables, which is part of the Miami metropolitan area of 5,422,200.

Central Florida is a school with 71,813 students, (the largest student body of any public university in the United States), Orlando Florida, which has a standard Metropolitan area of 2,509,831.

South Florida is a school with 50,830 students, (the largest student body of any public university in the United States), Orlando Florida, which has a standard Metropolitan area of 3,097,859.

Central and South Florida are as big or bigger than their esteemed rivals and are in more populous areas than either Florida or Florida State. All they've needed is to break out of the Group of 5 and get into a Power Five conference. UCF is now on its way to the Big 12, (2023), so watch out!

Kinda boring game. Hope the injured Florida player is OK.

Lmao Gus’s post game interview was my favorite thing all week. That brought a big smile to my face. I feel his inter monologue during the interview went like this. Holy crap I can win the whole thing here, I don’t have the pressure of running an sec program, I can run this program the exact way I want to, man Scott frost is a moron for giving up this gig ! Lol

Saw a couple of shots of P on the Florida sidelines. Love of the game. Also I'll take a boring game where I hit the side and money line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom