Floyd Mayweather to Attend SU/UVA | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Floyd Mayweather to Attend SU/UVA

Everyone who piled on Antonio Brown should hate this.
Mayweather is a POS who beat the mother of kids.
Disgusting this guy is going to be a guest at one of our games.
People saying better than Gronk LOL.
Atleast Gronk’s dad is Orange.

This ahole I want nowhere near our program.

Pretty much exactly how I feel but guess you can't really tell people who they can bring to a game.

Yes because he is coming to watch the game. How many rappers attend games all of the time. We aren’t signing Floyd to an LOI

And it's not like he's being invited by SU. He's using a ticket that's paid for to go to a game. They'll show him on the video board, they'll show him on ESPN, and that'll be that.

Pretty much exactly how I feel but guess you can't really tell people who they can bring to a game.

Agreed. If I want to bring my wife to a game (pictured below) that's my business and my business only.

1570450412066.png

Bill Cosby, Harvey Weinstein, Jeffrey Epstein, Kevin Spacey and Louis CK all say hello. How's Ray Rice doing these days?
Your point stands that too many get a free pass, but to say no one faces repercussions nowadays is far from correct.
Yes, fair point.
But look how long they got away with it.
They stand out because there were repercussions.
And Louis CK is already making a his comeback.
They

Floyd sucks. I hope SU has the good sense not to announce his presence. And I hope a woman punches him in the face while he sits court side.

And it's not like he's being invited by SU. He's using a ticket that's paid for to go to a game. They'll show him on the video board, they'll show him on ESPN, and that'll be that.
Whereas Jim Brown actually gets invited by SU.

Weitsman posted a photo on FB with Carmelo Anthony today, which is a plus.
View attachment 171060
On the minus side, a few days ago he posted a photo on social media with his good friend Dan Bilzerian. If you don’t know who that is, there’s this :

Dan Bilzerian may be the shittiest person on the planet.

When's he gonna start buying us some quality recruits?

I think that he thinks that these "cool" guys courtside for games will bring recruits in.

I think that he thinks that these "cool" guys courtside for games will bring recruits in.
Other teams have a dozen guys like W. He seems to be buds with JB im all in for him supporting the program. Im sure JB knows and approves of Merry coming.

Other teams have a dozen guys like W. He seems to be buds with JB im all in for him supporting the program. Im sure JB knows and approves of Merry coming.
Ha, I’m not sure JB knows who’s sitting at the far end of his own bench, let alone know or care that Mayweather is attending.

I'm all in for the support, not all in on this guy. The way he flaunts his money and "friends" makes me nervous. We dont need another Bill Rapp situation. When did this guy start coming around? Doesn't seem like very long and he has just thrown money around to try and get closer and closer to the program and throws money around just to be friends with famous and popular people. Somebody with money that likes to flaunt and be accepted mixed with famous kids that have no money seems like a bad mix.

I'm all in for the support, not all in on this guy. The way he flaunts his money and "friends" makes me nervous. We dont need another Bill Rapp situation. When did this guy start coming around? Doesn't seem like very long and he has just thrown money around to try and get closer and closer to the program and throws money around just to be friends with famous and popular people. Somebody with money that likes to flaunt and be accepted mixed with famous kids that have no money seems like a bad mix.

Exactly. Some of his generosity is very nice, but new money that tries too hard is a very bad mix from a compliance perspective.

I can't right now. I just can't.

Dude goes to 100 games a year and no one says a word. He gets an invite and accepts to little old syracuse and we have to make it national news to try to disinvite him.

Glass houses people. We've had Marvin Harrison and Jim Brown in the house to standing ovations. Eric Devendorf is a changed man.

the line about "during domestic abuse awareness month" yeah weitsman really waited until October to invite floyd for that exact reason. Please spare me the social media warriors who pick and choose their villains.

Dude goes to 100 games a year and no one says a word. He gets an invite and accepts to little old syracuse and we have to make it national news to try to disinvite him.

Glass houses people. We've had Marvin Harrison and Jim Brown in the house to standing ovations. Eric Devendorf is a changed man.

the line about "during domestic abuse awareness month" yeah weitsman really waited until October to invite floyd for that exact reason. Please spare me the social media warriors who pick and choose their villains.

Weitsman shouldn't have invited him in the first place. Honestly the guy just seems like a rich dude using his money to be a jock sniffer. He has a very similar profile to Nevin Shapiro.

Eric Devendorf has done a good job to try and rehabilitate his image, but it's hard to forget that he hit women and I refuse to support him.

Floyd Mayweather has done nothing to try and rehabilitate his image, he doesn't care at all. He is total scum and the fact he's a good boxer means nothing.

Well said. Leave it to Syracuse.com to put stuff like this out and stir up anger in exchange for clicks. If the comment section gets active enough we will see a new "article" like this one every week.

Weitsman shouldn't have invited him in the first place. Honestly the guy just seems like a rich dude using his money to be a jock sniffer. He has a very similar profile to Nevin Shapiro.

Eric Devendorf has done a good job to try and rehabilitate his image, but it's hard to forget that he hit women and I refuse to support him.

Floyd Mayweather has done nothing to try and rehabilitate his image, he doesn't care at all. He is total scum and the fact he's a good boxer means nothing.

Regardless of what you think about Mayweather, are we enacting a Chinese social credit system to determine who is worthy of attending an SU game? Give me a break with the faux outrage. He'll be here for a couple of hours and then he's gone.

Well said. Leave it to Syracuse.com to put stuff like this out and stir up anger in exchange for clicks. If the comment section gets active enough we will see a new "article" like this one every week.

It wasn’t an article. It was a letter to the editor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom