Floyd Mayweather to Attend SU/UVA | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Floyd Mayweather to Attend SU/UVA

It wasn’t an article. It was a letter to the editor.

Yes. But they added a picture to it and put it on the main home page with nice big font right along with their own actual work. They intentionally gave it a spotlight due to its potential to stir up a reaction from the mouth breathers, as they have always done in recent years. 58 comments in 4 hours. Doubt any article that the actual staff wrote this week came close to that.

Yes. But they added a picture to it and put it on the main home page with nice big font right along with their own actual work. They intentionally gave it a spotlight due to its potential to stir up a reaction from the mouth breathers, as they have always done in recent years. 58 comments in 4 hours. Doubt any article that the actual staff wrote this week came close to that.

To be fair I need galaxybrains like Dumpjbnow and Maga69 to tell me what to think on this.

Weitsman shouldn't have invited him in the first place. Honestly the guy just seems like a rich dude using his money to be a jock sniffer. He has a very similar profile to Nevin Shapiro.

Eric Devendorf has done a good job to try and rehabilitate his image, but it's hard to forget that he hit women and I refuse to support him.

Floyd Mayweather has done nothing to try and rehabilitate his image, he doesn't care at all. He is total scum and the fact he's a good boxer means nothing.

So - what's the point of an athlete trying to "rehabilitate his image", if you still won't support him, regardless?

He did something stupid in college over a decade ago.
By all accounts, he's been a model citizen and totally different person for many years now.

BURN HIM!!! BURN THE WITCH!!!! :p

I'm just glad that people aren't still demonizing me decades later for stupid shite I may or may not have done in college.

I do agree 144% that Weitsman is a nouveau riche celebrity wannabe.
He should choose his "friends" more carefully.

Regardless of what you think about Mayweather, are we enacting a Chinese social credit system to determine who is worthy of attending an SU game? Give me a break with the faux outrage. He'll be here for a couple of hours and then he's gone.
Oh, sorry that I don't support people that are violent towards women. Faux outrage can apply to a lot of things (ironically, like walkons who don't deserve scholarships :rolleyes:) but I don't think domestic violence is one of those things. I sincerely hope the university doesn't publicize this scumbag attending.

So - what's the point of an athlete trying to "rehabilitate his image", if you still won't support him, regardless?

By all accounts, he's been a model citizen and totally different person for many years now.

I'm just glad that people aren't still demonizing me decades later for stupid shite I may or may not have done in college.

I'm glad he turned his life around. That doesn't mean that I have to support him in any way. There's no reason for domestic violence, doesn't matter what age you are, I was taught that when I was very young.

Oh, sorry that I don't support people that are violent towards women. Faux outrage can apply to a lot of things (ironically, like walkons who don't deserve scholarships :rolleyes:) but I don't think domestic violence is one of those things. I sincerely hope the university doesn't publicize this scumbag attending.

I'll FedEx a printed out post with my autograph since you can recall what I've written.

Back to the topic. If we're getting in the business of policing who can and can't attend games, we're treading in dangerous waters. There's probably a couple of people on this board who've been arrested at one point in their lives; maybe for DV as well. Weitsman, among others, definitely would be barred from the Dome for his acts against society. I'm not into playing that game.

I'll FedEx a printed out post with my autograph since you can recall what I've written.

Back to the topic. If we're getting in the business of policing who can and can't attend games, we're treading in dangerous waters. There's probably a couple of people on this board who've been arrested at one point in their lives; maybe for DV as well. Weitsman, among others, definitely would be barred from the Dome for his acts against society. I'm not into playing that game.

I don't think there is any policing who visits, but celebrating it isn't a good look.

It's not hard to remember things from less than a week ago.

And no one said he couldn't attend the game. Weitsman is welcome to invite whoever he'd like, they are his tickets, though SU should definitely be cautious with his connection to the program. But if SU posts something with Mayweather courtside or invites him into the locker room postgame, I'd be very disappointed in my Alma Mater.

Maybe Floyd has something going on a few miles down the Thruway at the Int'l Boxing Hall of Fame.

The guy’s a clown. Everything he does is for publicity and show. I hate that he’s so close to the program right now.

He should take notes from CTO.

The guy’s a clown. Everything he does is for publicity and show. I hate that he’s so close to the program right now.
I would tend to agree with you but that's some people's personality. As long as he keeps his nose clean and follows all the rules I'm ok that he is a big fan.

Weitsman posted a photo on FB with Carmelo Anthony today, which is a plus.
View attachment 171060
On the minus side, a few days ago he posted a photo on social media with his good friend Dan Bilzerian. If you don’t know who that is, there’s this :

More importantly - what did Melo order? I'm not sure that would fill my 3.5 year old up.

I just want to go on record as saying I dont give a rats ass who adam weitsman brings to a basketball game...i just hope he brings me some day.

Weitsman shouldn't have invited him in the first place. Honestly the guy just seems like a rich dude using his money to be a jock sniffer. He has a very similar profile to Nevin Shapiro.

Eric Devendorf has done a good job to try and rehabilitate his image, but it's hard to forget that he hit women and I refuse to support him.

Floyd Mayweather has done nothing to try and rehabilitate his image, he doesn't care at all. He is total scum and the fact he's a good boxer means nothing.

are you as forgiving of the UCONN or HOya alums who did improper things a decade ago?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom