Football camp opens in front of 1400 fans | Syracusefan.com

Football camp opens in front of 1400 fans

Thats a novel idea. Let the fans come watch some practices to get people amped for the season. Maybe someday we can do that again. ( sarcasm )

Louisville is the best addition (besides ND) for the ACC...screw academics...give them 10 years to get up to NCSt/FSU standards.

Louisville is the best addition (besides ND) for the ACC...screw academics...give them 10 years to get up to NCSt/FSU standards.

That's an interesting point--how do they compare academically to a school like NC State?

That's an interesting point--how do they compare academically to a school like NC State?
Well if you ask Townie they are a step below CCNY...but UL has some really good departments but they are tied with WVU at rank #164 USNews National Universities...With a commitment I could them see moving up 50 spots within 10 years. I would invite UL to get to 15, invite ND for a partial (10 year window to move full time or get out). If they balk throw #16 at UConn or Rutgirls.

Louisville is a much more respectable school than florida state.

US News ranks Florida State at #101. They also rank NC State there. Those are the two lowest rated ACC schools. The average rank of all 14 ACC schools is 50. That's the best average of every other FBS conference. The B1G is second with an average rank of 56.

I would be in favor of adding Louisville. They're going to need to move up the rankings though. I doubt the ACC is going to add a schools perceived to be lower than FSU and NCSU.

Why do we (WE - HAHAHAHAHA!!!) need to add anyone not named Notre Dame?

when i saw the headline i said no f-ing way we had 1,400 fans here at syracuse. but you got me you sneaky little batard

Louisville is a terrible commuter school. It's academic dreck.

Louisville is a much more respectable school than florida state.

You're out of your mind. Florida State might as well be Ivy League compared to Louisville.

Not the end all...but USNews doesn't think so.

I think we can agree that they're ranked with a who's-who of the academic world just inside "unranked" status. Thank God they beat Southern Illinois, Utah State, and Missouri-Kansas City (damn you Illinois State and Maryland-Baltimore County!). There's no dishonor in being lowered ranked than every school in the vaunted SEC. Tough to compete with academic juggernauts like Mississippi State.