Football dads | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Football dads

At least he didn't go to Texas A+M or Washington State and is only a few hours away

On my way home , I found solice in 2 things first he is independent , organized and mature and I thought how hard it must be and have been for the families sending there kids of to war ! For me that's un thinkable! God bless them

It is hard being the one going off to war as well, thank God for a strong women at home.

Moving in today, hardest thing I've ever done emotionally I'm dreading leaving him tomorrow :(

How did it go Mr
Devito? Ya know, i am a single 45 yo in Albany. Beautiful, big Italian family. I dont have kids , have a 16 yo niece and 7 yo nephew . They are the best. Mr. Devito, love your candor and thanks for sharing! It has to be tough for any parent. I got on a plane from albany to Tampa at 17 to play college baseball. All i knew was the name of my college roomie;) i was homesick and crying for the first 2 weeks...THUS, again, thanks for sharing your feelings. Your son and you and your family will love the Syracuse area and all the finger lakes region has to offer. I believe he is a game changer for this program. The school is beautiful and amazing academically. Emjoy your trips upstate, good luck to TD, may him and your family find comfort quickly so he can excel and your family be comfortable at Cuse , as its a special place;):)

Last edited:
Thank you , just got off phone with him he is eating w his boys , they threw today he seems genuinely happy
If you haven't zeroed in on a motel/hotel to stay at in the Cuse area...feel free to ask for recommendations. Many of us have stayed at these places and can tell you the good/bad about a certain place.

For Food to try in Cuse: Chicken Riggies, Salt Potatoes, Fresh Haddock on Fridays, Utica Greens, HalfMoons, Heid's for Coneys, Columbus Bakery for bread,...am I missing anything guys?

If you haven't zeroed in on a motel/hotel to stay at in the Cuse area...feel free to ask for recommendations. Many of us have stayed at these places and can tell you the good/bad about a certain place.

For Food to try in Cuse: Chicken Riggies, Salt Potatoes, Fresh Haddock on Fridays, Utica Greens, HalfMoons, Heid's for Coneys, Columbus Bakery for bread,...am I missing anything guys?

Ruston's diner in Jamesville for a friendly breakfast.

Blarney Stone on Tipperary Hill for a burger and cold one!

Tully's. Tenders.

Dinosaur BBQ for the 2 hour wait. ;)

For real though, Pastabilities in Armory Square for the spicy hot tomato oil and stretch bread. If you dig it pick up some of the sauce to take home or get a couple jars of it at Wegman's.