football study hall on recruiting ranking | Syracusefan.com

football study hall on recruiting ranking

Millhouse

Living Legend
http://www.footballstudyhall.com/20...-matters-why-the-sites-get-the-rankings-right

My opinion is that the recruiting rankings aren't wrong overall but that's only because you can give good rankings to programs that are good and bad rankings to programs that are bad and still be right.

I think the best way to judge is to look at rankings that are anomalous. How often do good programs get a bad ranking and vice versa? Do these anomalous rankings end up being accurate?

We're on this list as a one star program from 2010-2013. This is clearly inaccurate, we're better than that. But if you just rank "recruits" by really ranking the program, that's how you get us to one star (because we stunk for so long before 2010)

the author doesn't show SU as an outlier. 1 star bottom dweller with 3 bowl wins?

I don't think recruiting rankings are wrong but that's because I don't think they're ranking the recruits, i think they rank the recruiters

I think all recruiting is showing is that regardless of how our guys rank they show on the field that we are getting a bunch of 3 star guys, we dont get the super flashy high impact players and we dont tend to have any after they are here 3-4 years either. Our level of play the last 4 years has shown though that our recruiting is better than we are being given credit for and many teams ahead of us it is worse..

but if you give alabama 10 4 star guys if only 3-4 pan out every year they will still be a dominate team even if 3-4 of them are really 2 star guys.

I think all recruiting is showing is that regardless of how our guys rank they show on the field that we are getting a bunch of 3 star guys, we dont get the super flashy high impact players and we dont tend to have any after they are here 3-4 years either. Our level of play the last 4 years has shown though that our recruiting is better than we are being given credit for and many teams ahead of us it is worse..

but if you give alabama 10 4 star guys if only 3-4 pan out every year they will still be a dominate team even if 3-4 of them are really 2 star guys.
we're a three star program. 120 programs, 5 buckets, 24 per bucket. we're between 48 and 72. those players are going to be 3 stars.

the buckets aren't random each year, there's a trend. you want to be right more often than not, just go with some moving average of program ranking

you'll be wrong here or there (thinking SU is a 2 star program for the 2010-13 recruiting period gives too much weight to Gerg's failure)

too many players to really evaluate. SU people can evaluate recruits relative to prior SU recruits and see which direction we're going though and it looks good to me

Sc*ut had 48 Five Stars, 333 Four Stars, and 381 Three Stars listed in their team rankings this morning.

That's 762 kids, out of a total of 1397 who signed LOIs at P5 schools.

In other words, almost half of the kids at P5 schools were only Two Star recruits.

And Two Stars make up 72% of all kids playing FBS ball.

Last edited:
Millhouse said:
we're a three star program. 120 programs, 5 buckets, 24 per bucket. we're between 48 and 72. those players are going to be 3 stars. the buckets aren't random each year, there's a trend. you want to be right more often than not, just go with some moving average of program ranking you'll be wrong here or there (thinking SU is a 2 star program for the 2010-13 recruiting period gives too much weight to Gerg's failure) too many players to really evaluate. SU people can evaluate recruits relative to prior SU recruits and see which direction we're going though and it looks good to me

That's why the IPF and wins should push us upwards in the rankings. I'd love to snag a few more 4 star kids in the next two years.

Duke is an example of what wins and momentum can do.

Sc*ut had 48 Five Stars, 333 Four Stars, and 381 Three Stars listed in their team rankings this morning.

That's 762 kids, out of a total of 1397 who signed LOIs at P5 schools.

In other words, almost half of the kids at P5 schools were only Two Star recruits.
makes sense. 85 man rosters, everybody needs some backups

That's why the IPF and wins should push us upwards in the rankings. I'd love to snag a few more 4 star kids in the next two years.

Duke is an example of what wins and momentum can do.

That's true. That said, we finished ahead of Duke in the recruiting rankings this year.

Being in the ACC, one of the power conferences will make a difference in Football, Basketball, Lacrosse recruiting. Having a larger area to recruit from, winning takes care of the rest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom