Footnote citation to Cuseregular, who came up with a great comparison for Lydon | Syracusefan.com

Footnote citation to Cuseregular, who came up with a great comparison for Lydon

RF2044

Living Legend
Forget Chandler Parsons -- who didn't rebound / block shots / play inside as well as Lydon.

Cuseregular had a really interesting comparison that I think comes closest to what we're seeing from our impressive frosh: he game is reminiscent of Christian Laetner's. Now obviously, he has a lot of proving to do to even scratch the surface of Laetner's accomplishments. But the game is similar. Good rebounder, oustanding shooter, solid handle, moxie, poise, preternatural feel for the game.

Here's hoping Tyler has half the career that pugnacious villain did.

Again--please note that I understand that Laetner had a storied career, and is one of the winningest players in NCAA history. I'm talking strictly about game / skill comparison. And with props to cuseregular, the more I see this kid play, the more I see him rebound at a dominant clip [despite being ostensibly 205 pounds], block key shots, hit big shots with the game on the line, and exhibit ZERO fear, the better I believe this comparison to be.

a 6'9, more athletic, Porzingis!

I keep trying to come up with a black player that he's like in order to feel less racist, but I can't. Is that still racist?

How about "Big Shot Bob" - Robert Horry?

Forget Chandler Parsons -- who didn't rebound / block shots / play inside as well as Lydon.

Cuseregular had a really interesting comparison that I think comes closest to what we're seeing from our impressive frosh: he game is reminiscent of Christian Laetner's. Now obviously, he has a lot of proving to do to even scratch the surface of Laetner's accomplishments. But the game is similar. Good rebounder, oustanding shooter, solid handle, moxie, poise, preternatural feel for the game.

Here's hoping Tyler has half the career that pugnacious villain did.

Again--please note that I understand that Laetner had a storied career, and is one of the winningest players in NCAA history. I'm talking strictly about game / skill comparison. And with props to cuseregular, the more I see this kid play, the more I see him rebound at a dominant clip [despite being ostensibly 205 pounds], block key shots, hit big shots with the game on the line, and exhibit ZERO fear, the better I believe this comparison to be.

I am game for this comparison. Let's hope he hits a turn around jumper from the top of the key to beat Kentucky in the National Championship game.

I keep trying to come up with a black player that he's like in order to feel less racist, but I can't. Is that still racist?
It seems there is a subconscious boundary in our social/cultural awareness that makes this difficult. Similar to how we can easily identify people within our own race, and have trouble outside of it.

No worries! And I loved watching Laettner for FOUR years! Would that we in college bball would ever have that kind of stability again. The glory, oh, the glory!

Kevin Durant

Obviously not as good. But if we're looking to go with a non-white player to compare his game to, KD is the one that jumps to mind first for me.

I see a bigger more athletic Andy Rautins. The obvious similarity is the shooting. I loved watching AR play because he just knew the right way to play the game. He was unselfish, made sound decisions, and always seemed to know the right place to be on the court. I see all of that in Lydon too. I can't wait to see how much better he is with another 15-20 lbs on his frame.

Kevin Durant

Obviously not as good. But if we're looking to go with a non-white player to compare his game to, KD is the one that jumps to mind first for me.

I duno, I don't see Lydon with anywhere near the handle that Duran has, even as a college frosh. I don't know the numbers but I'm sure Lydon has been assisted on a lot more on his buckets so far than Durant ever was.

But I can't come up with a name right now so what good am i?

I duno, I don't see Lydon with anywhere near the handle that Duran has, even as a college frosh. I don't know the numbers but I'm sure Lydon has been assisted on a lot more on his buckets so far than Durant ever was.

But I can't come up with a name right now so what good am i?
I've followed Cuse a long time and his stroke is the most beautiful thing I've seen on the Hill. People should listen to JB when he speaks. It's usually insightful.

I've followed Cuse a long time and his stroke is the most beautiful thing I've seen on the Hill. People should listen to JB when he speaks. It's usually insightful.

yeah that stroke is pure

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom