For all our doom-n-gloomers this Sunday morning... | Syracusefan.com

For all our doom-n-gloomers this Sunday morning...

doom and gloom would be if the defense was bad- we have 1/2 a team again like the early marrone years

no one expects such ineptness from the offensive staff- that side of the ball didnt look comfortable all day

Ha I was trying to remember that one to send to a few friends.

doom and gloom would be if the defense was bad- we have 1/2 a team again like the early marrone years

no one expects such ineptness from the offensive staff- that side of the ball didnt look comfortable all day
You mean we have a third of a team again. We lost the special teams battle yet again. You can't discount how important that is.

Being disappointed in the first game does not constitute doom and gloom. We have a good D and have improved on ST (still work to do) but the O was very disconcerting even given the obvious newness issues. The crowd was no big deal IMO so the OC and the QB need to ramp up sharply and quickly. I like the staff and was prepared for some learning curve but not the mess that I saw yesterday. That said, I can endure just about anything after the last decade and I think we have the right HC.

Lets go staff.

You mean we have a third of a team again. We lost the special teams battle yet again. You can't discount how important that is.

For missing a 46 yard field goal? Our KO unit was good. Our KR team was good -- 35 yard returns in the only two chances they got. Our PR team held up. We had one blown punt coverage, when we out kicked the coverage. The ST units did just fine.

For missing a 46 yard field goal? Our KO unit was good. Our KR team was good -- 35 yard returns in the only two chances they got. Our PR team held up. We had one blown punt coverage, when we out kicked the coverage. The ST units did just fine.

Two bad punt snaps as well. One was scooped up, one wasn't. But it does look like that was corrected so that's good. That stuff can mentally linger, like 1999.

I like Morris, and the blocking, on KO returns. Don't know that he'll break one, but getting to the 35 is above average.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m/

Yeah, I forgot about the muffed snap on the punt.

I just read a story this morning about a baby being shot and killed in a drive-by where his father may have been the target. I read another story about a baby that was killed in front of his mother by a mugger because she didn't have any money to give him. We have soldiers with life altering injuries figuring out how to live the rest of their lives. Yet a Georgia fan is crying because his team lost a football game. In the immortal words of Buzz Shaw, used very appropriately here, GET A LIFE! Definitely an example of how football is way too high on the priority list in the southeast.

Craiggums Magoo is a horrible coach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom