For Any Hip-Hop Fans | Syracusefan.com

For Any Hip-Hop Fans

NailstheCusefan12

All American
Pick up the two albums released this week: Game's Jesus Piece and Big Boi's Vicious Lies and Dangerous Rumors. Two different types of hip-hop, but two incredibly solid albums. Can't stop listening to them both. The last couple Game albums have been weak, but this is easily his best work since Documentary and excellent stuff.

One of the best rap songs I HAVE EVER HEARD...and its by game. Tell me the CD that this is on and I will buy it!

Also if you aren't already, you should listen to some Joe Budden.

One of the best rap songs I HAVE EVER HEARD...and its by game. Tell me the CD that this is on and I will buy it!

Also if you aren't already, you should listen to some Joe Budden.

It's a good song, but when the focus is so dependent on lyrics, lines like "Kids staving in Africa, why only Oprah feed 'em" kind of ruin it. Bill and Melinda Gates have given way more than Oprah ever will.

Anyway, reviving the thread because I want more hip-hop suggestions. No friends really listen to it - so I have trouble staying abreast of interesting new stuff.

Sooooooo, suggestions appreciated!

It's a good song, but when the focus is so dependent on lyrics, lines like "Kids staving in Africa, why only Oprah feed 'em" kind of ruin it. Bill and Melinda Gates have given way more than Oprah ever will.

Anyway, reviving the thread because I want more hip-hop suggestions. No friends really listen to it - so I have trouble staying abreast of interesting new stuff.

Sooooooo, suggestions appreciated!

I've fallen off the rap train, a lot of country music now, but try -

Lupe - Anything off his first 3 cds, haven't gotten his latest
Cudi - He has some good stuff
Budden - Unforgiven remix, broken wings, in the air tonight, INTRO, just to be different, under the sun, sing for the moment
Id really like to recommend El Gant, but the CD that I have isn't on Itunes, but it is one of my favorites CDs
Maybe try some Common...? Try his song A Dream from Freedom Writers
If you're into some "Gangsta" rap Diplomatic Immunity Vol 2, from Dipset is good
If you're into rock/rap Hollywood Undead has some good music, not all the songs are good...but there a few good songs

I think the Game is an absolutely horrible person, so I can't stomach his music.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I could write about my favorite music for hours, but I'll try to keep this brief. In terms of newer (relative term) artists, guys like Kendrick Lamar (Good Kid Maad City), ASAP Rocky (LiveLoveASAP), Big Sean (Detroit), Pusha T (Wrath of Caine), and CyHi the Prince (Ivy League Kickback) have put out solid music. Those are all pretty mainstream artists with big time record deals and connections.

In terms of more independent artists and labels I'm a huge fan of Strange Music and a lot of the artists they work with. Tech N9ne's most recent album is excellent as is Krizz Kaliko's. Three other artists affiliated with the label (but not necessarily signed to it) that have put out good work lately are Yelawolf (Radioactive), Rittz (White Jesus Revival), and Hopsin (Ill Mind of Hopsin 5 is just one song, but one of the best songs I've ever heard.)

For two artists that are independent right now that will be hit or miss in terms of you liking them I recommend Yonas (either The Black Canvas or The Transition) and XV (Zero Heroes or Popular Culture). Neither are gangster rap at all, and I'd actually describe XV as 'nerd-rap.' Their word play is better than just about all of the mainstream stuff and they're two of my personal favorites.

I could write about my favorite music for hours, but I'll try to keep this brief. In terms of newer (relative term) artists, guys like Kendrick Lamar (Good Kid Maad City), ASAP Rocky (LiveLoveASAP), Big Sean (Detroit), Pusha T (Wrath of Caine), and CyHi the Prince (Ivy League Kickback) have put out solid music. Those are all pretty mainstream artists with big time record deals and connections.

In terms of more independent artists and labels I'm a huge fan of Strange Music and a lot of the artists they work with. Tech N9ne's most recent album is excellent as is Krizz Kaliko's. Three other artists affiliated with the label (but not necessarily signed to it) that have put out good work lately are Yelawolf (Radioactive), Rittz (White Jesus Revival), and Hopsin (Ill Mind of Hopsin 5 is just one song, but one of the best songs I've ever heard.)

For two artists that are independent right now that will be hit or miss in terms of you liking them I recommend Yonas (either The Black Canvas or The Transition) and XV (Zero Heroes or Popular Culture). Neither are gangster rap at all, and I'd actually describe XV as 'nerd-rap.' Their word play is better than just about all of the mainstream stuff and they're two of my personal favorites.

Good CD?

Write up all you want - I'm pretty all over the map with this stuff (just not up to date). El-P, Knux, I still really like the Travis Barker stuff (can a drummer get some), Blanco & the Jacka, regular stuff - so I'll be checking it all out.

Thanks!