Orangeyes Daily Articles for Tuesday - for Basketball | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Tuesday for Basketball

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
SU News

16976657-mmmain.jpg

Harry Giles Trims His List to Eight Schools, SU Makes the Cut (PS; Ditota)

Harry Giles, one of the nation's top big men in the Class of 2016, has trimmed his potential college list to eight.

And Syracuse has made the cut.

Harry Giles @TheReal_HG3

Top 8 Schools No order Duke Kentucky Kansas Syracuse UNC Wake Forest Ohio St UNLV
12h ago

-c56ac655566f0b27.jpg

Photos of SU Students Setting Up Camp at Carrier Dome for Duke Game (PS; Walts)

Syracuse University students began setting up camp outside the Carrier Dome in preparation for the Duke vs. Syracuse men's basketball game. The camp out was originally to begin at 5 p.m. Sunday but was changed to 5 p.m. Monday because of the weather. The students set up tents outside Gate E and will set up outside other gates as space needs dictate.

16973372-mmmain.jpg

12 Memorable Moments From Road Trip to Pittsburgh with Otto's Army (PS; Carlson)

Otto's Army, the student booster club of Syracuse athletics, was kind enough to let me join them on their annual basketball bus trip on Saturday.

Among the most powerful impressions I walked away with were their unwavering loyalty to Syracuse athletes and how powerfully the moment SU announced the postseason ban resonated with them.

Naturally, though, in five-and-a-half hours on a bus together, there were other moments that stood out. Here's what I'll remember from my first road trip with Otto's Army.

Adorable Otto: There isn't much that Syracuse fans agree on. MetLife games. Man-to-man defense. The future of the Carrier Dome. But if there's anything that I thing we can all be unanimous about it's that Otto the Orange is pretty darn adorable. I'd never seen Otto turned into a pillow pet before. I may have to put it on my birthday list.

ACC News

16978297-mmmain.jpg

ACC Night in Review: Duke, CT Earn Narrow Victories (PS; Stevens)

Virginia Tech's Malik Muller finished off the Hokies' comeback against Georgia Tech.

Quinn Cook had a season-high for Duke.

Jahlil Okafor broke one of Johnny Dawkins' records.

That, plus a look at Tuesday's game, in the ACC night in review.

NIGHT TO REMEMBER

Malik Muller, Virginia Tech

The redshirt freshman connected on a 3-pointer with 18 seconds to play to hand the Hokies a one-point lead against Georgia Tech. Adam Smith would later add a free throw as Virginia Tech (10-14, 2-9 ACC) earned a 65-63 victory over the Yellow Jackets (11-13, 2-10).

Muller finished with 17 points and four assists for Virginia Tech, which ended a three-game slide.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom