Orangeyes Daily Articles for Wednesday - for Basketball | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Wednesday for Basketball

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
SU News

16lahcw.0.0.jpg

Is This What a Carrier Dome Center Count Setup Would Look Like? (TNIAAM; Keeley)

Yesterday we took a look at photos of the Carrier Dome ground level naked after having it's Field Turf stripped away. It all sounds so saucy. We wanted to know what kind of thingsSyracuse Orange fans would like to bury under there before the new turf was installed.

In the comments, g-roc shared a photoshop by S2 that caught our eye...

Um...we should do this.

I mean, we're already playing this fun little game where we're all pretending we might still build a new stadium before we eventually all agree to renovate the Dome. We all know they're going to end up gussying up the Dome in the end...and what a gussy this would be.

Of course, to design the stadium this way, you'd have to tell Syracuse football they're playing their home games on Coyne Field from now on. Also, forget about 35K for SU basketball games, now we're looking at 50K.

And we haven't even gotten into the court design itself, which...yes.

It's a pipe dream, but, it's a helluva pipe dream.

usa-today-8383536.0.jpg

C'mon Now, Of Course Syracuse's Head Coaching Gig is a Great Job (TNIAAM; Keeley)

Some folks wouldn't put the Syracuse head coaching gig on the list of "great" jobs. But that just means they don't understand Syracuse basketball.

Colin Cowherd is one of those guys whose opinion I've really tried to stop caring about. We all know he's a troll with very set-in-his-way ideas about the world and he's never gonna change so it's silly to try and change him.

So when I saw that he left Syracuse off the list of college basketball head coaching opportunities he would consider "great," my instinct was to ignore it. But, then I gave the transcript a look because, well, Cowherd is like a tick. Once he digs in, you can't just ignore him, you've got to dig him out.

In the discussion, Cowherd said he would leave Syracuse off the list of "great college jobs" once Boeheim steps away.

"Here are what I consider to be the only great college basketball jobs: Kentucky, Duke, Carolina, UCLA, Arizona, Indiana, Kansas."

Dan Dakich was there to set things straight:

Syracuse has everything sitting there. They get 28,000 people. You see the (Carrier) Dome. Kids love the Dome. They know the history.

I would say if you are talking about great jobs, I would say without question Syracuse would be a much, much better job for what you are talking about than UConn. I would not put it up there with North Carolina, Duke, Kentucky and all that, but I would say, man, it's right there on the next tier, let's put it that way.

556dbd6aa479c.image.jpg

Former Syracuse Players to Play for IUPUI (indianapolisrecorder.com; Vinson)

College basketball player Ron “Buss” Patterson is returning home to play for IUPUI after two years of playing for Syracuse University. Patterson, now a father, wants to be closer to home.

“I’m happy I came back but it’s some people at (Syracuse) ‘Cuse I miss, but I’m happy I’m back home,” Patterson said.

A former basketball player and graduate from Broad Ripple Magnet High School (BRMHS), Patterson said he is the leading scorer in BRMHS history and was recognized as the Most Valuable Player each year. At Syracuse, Patterson was a shooting guard and a point guard but since he has been gone, he hasn’t been able to see his son much.

Although Patterson planned on moving closer to home, he said he wasn’t sure exactly where he would play. On Mother’s Day, Patterson said he signed the agreement to play with IUPUI.

Jason Gardner, IUPUI basketball coach, said at the end of the season they try to reach out to transfers from Indiana.

“There’s so many kids here in the state of Indiana that are really good that end up going out of state, and we want to be able to get them when they do decide they want to transfer,” Gardner said.

Other

17989861-mmmain.jpg

Clint Eastwood Making Biopic About 'Miracle on the Hudson' Pilot (PS; AP)

Clint Eastwood will follow his box-office sensation "American Sniper" with a biopic of "Miracle on the Hudson" pilot Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger.

Warner Bros. announced Tuesday that Eastwood will direct and produce the not-yet-titled drama as his next film. The film is to be adapted from Sullenberger's 2009 memoir, "Highest Duty: My Search for What Really Matters," which chronicled his personal history before he famously landed a US Airways plane in the Hudson River in New York in 2009.

"I am very glad my story is in the hands of gifted storyteller and filmmaker Clint Eastwood," Sullenberger said in a statement.

It will be Eastwood's first film after the biggest box-office hit of his career. The Oscar-winning "American Sniper," starring Bradley Cooper as Navy SEAL Chris Kyle, made $543.4 million globally for Warner Bros. and became the top domestic release of 2014.

Decided to have a little fun and compare the '03 title team to the cast of Entourage: http://.com/whats-the-most-entourage-esque-syracuse-team/