Orangeyes Daily Articles for Wednesday - for Football | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Wednesday for Football

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
Welcome to Carl Sagan Day!

Carl Sagan Day is a celebration of the life and teachings of Carl Sagan, whose many books, television appearances (most notably Cosmos), and NASA projects influenced a generation of thinkers.

Following the remake of his incredible series COSMOS: A Spacetime Odyssey last year, Sagan’s name is once again a household name. Host Neil deGrasse Tyson has brought the importance of science back to the forefront and has inspired a whole new generation of space enthusiasts.

SU News

5820a2300cbed.image.jpg

How Pack football stacks up against Syracuse (technicianonline.com; Candeloro)

The NC State Wolfpack football team enters a must-win game on the road against Syracuse this weekend, as two struggling programs look to take one step closer to bowl eligibility. The Wolfpack lost in heart-breaking fashion against Florida State this past weekend, as a touchdown pass with 3:09 remaining in the game was the difference in a 24-20 Seminoles victory.

For the Orange, its previous game was anything but close. The Orange was routed by Clemson 54-0 to drop Syracuse to 4-5 on the season. The defense had no answer for the Tigers’ offense and the Syracuse offense was helpless at getting into the end zone.

With both teams two wins away from bowl eligibility with three contests remaining in the season, this game is one of the most important on the ACC slate this weekend. Here’s the position battles that will determine who takes another step towards bowl eligibility.

1. Ryan Finley vs. Syracuse Defense

Finley, a redshirt sophomore, had his ups and downs against Florida State and must avoid a lackluster game on the road if the Wolfpack wants to win. Syracuse is just 105th against the pass this season, so Finley should have plenty of opportunity to find open receivers.

Syracuse vs. NC State Prediction, Game Preview (campusinsiders.com; Miller)

The Orange (4-5, 2-3 ACC) were overwhelmed by Clemson last week, as the Tigers earned a 54-0 home shutout over Dino Babers and Co. in a game that saw ‘Cuse quarterback Eric Dungey get knocked out in the first quarter following a hard hit by linebacker Dorian O’Daniel. The ACC leader in passing yards and completions per game returned from the locker room to watch backups Austin Wilson and Zack Mahoney finish the game. As of this post, it is unknown whether or not Dungey will be available for this one.

Meanwhile, Dave Doeren’s Wolfpack (4-5, 1-4) suffered a tough 24-20 setback at home to Florida State, as Deondre Francois threw a 19-yard touchdown pass to Travis Rudolph with 3:09 left to help the Seminoles rally despite trailing most of the night. NC State must win two of its final three games to become bowl eligible.

In last year’s meeting between these teams in Raleigh, the Wolfpack put in a complete offensive performance in a 42-29 victory behind Jacoby Brissett, who passed for 235 yards and two touchdowns. The Wolfpack improved to 8-1 all-time against the Orange.

What To Know About Syracuse
Dungey left last week’s game after absorbing a hard hit to his shoulder and head area on a quarterback run. The sophomore underwent testing on Sunday, but there has been no update on what the injury is or whether it will keep him out of this week’s game against the Wolfpack. Dungey is putting up 330.2 yards per game, second only to Louisville’s Lamar Jackson in the ACC. Syracuse was held to 277 yards of offense against the Tigers, so there was a serious dropoff without its star quarterback. Wilson was 17-of-27 through the air for just 116 yards with two interceptions, while Mahoney completed one pass in four attempts for eight yards. To beat the Wolfpack, the ‘Cuse is going to need a healthy Dungey.

21479516-mmmain.jpg

Eric Dungey's uncertain status has taken Syracuse football-NC State off the betting line (PS; Mink)

Quarterback Eric Dungey's uncertain playing status has kept Syracuse football's upcoming game against North Carolina State off this week's betting line.

North Carolina State opened as a slight favorite for Saturday afternoon's 12:30 kick, but a number of books have opted to take the game off the line in light of Dungey's uncertain availability.

Dungey left last week's game at Clemson late in the first quarter after absorbing a hard hit to his shoulder and head area on a quarterback run.

The sophomore underwent testing Sunday, but there has been no update on what the injury is or whether it will keep him out of Saturday's game against the Wolfpack.

Dungey ranks second in the ACC in total offense, accounting for 330.2 yards per game. Only Louisville's Heisman Trophy candidate quarterback, Lamar Jackson, accounts for more with 437.1 yards per game.

upload_2016-11-9_6-57-53.png

Suxa went to Clemson and was horrified at what he drank at LaGuardia (TNIAAM; Suxa)

Hoya Suxa is aiming to attend 10 of Syracuse's 12 regular season football games this year. He'll be filing short travelogues from his journeys.

MY FLIGHT WAS DELAYED SO IN 90 MINUTES I DECIDED TO DRINK $60 OF WHAT I CAN ONLY ASSUME WAS SEWAGE LYING AROUND AT LAGUARDIA

I make no apology for this. In fact, this is your fault. If anyone is responsible for making me drink $60 of liquid anger it's you, the reader of this internet-based toilet roll. A reasonably intelligent man does not wander around an airport that looks like a child modeled it with Legos and threw it against the wall in a fit of rage and decide to get tuned up in an hour-and-a-half for some kind of personal quest to attain a form of trash enlightenment. No, this is because of you and your thirst for me to find new and awful ways to suspend my dignity. I hope that you're proud of this.

DRINK I: 3:32 -- Something that is definitely red but may also be rotten fruit punch Little Hug

That is a glass of pinot noir, ostensibly from somewhere other than a Staten Island dump but definitely the reason to question the accuracy of a drink menu. I wouldn't say that this wine was bad as much as it was the full realization of someone's desire to efficiently and effectively ferment poison. I drank it in four or five quick gulps, wondering whether I could buy a drinking analogue to airline travel insurance should my stomach suffer a delay from a malfunction associated with trying to hightail it out of my butthole.

DRINK II: 3:57 -- I didn't know that you could filter a Tom Collins through a soiled pillow case

Other

WNY farmer gives up 44 cattle, 2 pigs, 12 ducks in cruelty case
(PS; Fischer)

Middleport farmer Richard Heschke made an agreement with the Niagara County SPCA on Tuesday to turn over all of his livestock: 44 cattle, two pigs, 12 ducks, and more than two dozen cats.

Niagara County SPCA Executive Director Amy Lewis said the agreement will end a civil case, which would have required him to post a bond for the continued care of the animals during a continuing animal cruelty case.

SPCA investigators charged the 80-year-old Drum Road farmer last Wednesday with 47 counts of animal cruelty for failing to provide proper care for the animals.

"The criminal cases remains, not to punish Heschke, but to prevent him from owning any animals in the future," said SPCA Investigator Lauren Zaninovich. "It's clear that he could not care for the animals in his possession."

Lewis said during their month-long investigation, while they attempted to convince Heschke to turn over the animals and avoid charges, five of the cows died. One more died last week as they were caring for the cattle, she said.

"This is the best possible outcome for these animals. We had hoped for a speedy sign-over and now we can move them on to farm homes where they will receive proper, food, water and care," said Lewis.

She said it will take quite a long time for the cattle to recover.

is this the list if 18 teams that can get to 6 or all the ones that can get to 5 with higher APR? it doesnt include ND which can still get to 5 and knock us out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom