Orangeyes Daily Articles for Wednesday - for Football | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Wednesday for Football

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
pencilday.jpg

Welcome to Pencil Day!

Each year, March 30th is National Pencil Day. Hymen Lipman received the first patent for attaching an eraser to the end of a pencil on this day in 1858.

The majority of these writing utensils made in the United States are painted yellow. It is believed that this tradition began in 1890 when the L & C Hardtmuth Company of Austria-Hungary introduced their Koh-I-Noor brand, named after the famous diamond. This pencil was intended to be the world’s best and most expensive pencil. Other companies then began to copy the yellow color so that their pencils would be associated with the high-quality brand.

SU News

amba-etta-tawo.jpg

Syracuse Football: Was Amba Etta-Tawo Really A One-Year Wonder? (itlh.com; Esden Sr)

Throughout the NFL Draft process, former Syracuse football star Amba Etta-Tawo, has been labeled a “one-year wonder”. But does the curtain match the drapes?

So as anyone that has ever read my articles recognizes I am a pretty harsh critic. I do however give credit where credit is due.

I also call out injustices wherever I see them, right wrongs and all that (think of me as a modern day keyboard warrior if you will). Anyways I am here to slap the National Football League draft ‘experts’ across the face and call them out for being dumb-asses.

Prior to smacking around Mike Mayock and Mel Kiper I would like to applaud Inside the Loud House’s own Paul A. Esden Jr on his hard hitting interview with Amba following Syracuse’s Pro day on March 20th.

No this has nothing to do with his name, just one writer recognizing the talents of another. Anyways I digress…

The biggest question posed regarding Syracuse’s single season record holder for receptions,
receiving yards and average yards per game is just silly. Is he a one year wonder?

maxresdefault.jpg

Steve Stanard, new Syracuse DE Coach

Coaching Search Ticker | CoachingSearch.com (coachingsearch.com)

FCS: More than 40 FCS coaches moved to full-time FBS coaching jobs this offseason. Read more here.

Syracuse: Steve Stanard’s title at Syracuse is defensive ends coach. Stanard spent the last three years as Wyoming defensive coordinator and recently joined Syracuse.

Penn State: Temple coordinator of on-campus recruiting E.J. Barthel has accepted a recruiting coordinator job at Penn State, according to NJ.com. Barthel spent one season at Temple and previously worked at Rutgers.

Augustana (SD): Minnesota State Mankato defensive backs coach Jordan Malone has joined the Augustana staff as defensive coordinator. Malone spent two years at Minnesota State Mankato.

Syracuse: Per source, Justin Lustig’s role at Syracuse is running backs coach / special teams coordinator. Lustig spent last year as Edinboro (PA) head coach, taking an 0-11 team to 9-2 in his first season.

Eastern Illinois: Maine cornerbacks coach Alvah Hansbro has joined the EIU staff as cornerbacks coach / special teams coordinator. Hansbro spent one year at Maine and was previously a quality control assistant at Syracuse.

Nate Mink “On The Block” 3-29 (espnsyracuse.com; Axe & Mink)

Syracuse.com’s Nate Mink joins Brent “On The Block” to talk some SU football during Spring Practice.
Other

-8dace1d7a0cc7095.JPG

Nearly $10 million bid for One Park Place office building in Syracuse (PS; Moriarty)

One Park Place, one of Syracuse's biggest office buildings, attracted a top bid of $9.45 million at an online auction Wednesday.

The bid, which came in right before the close of the three-day auction, is $14.55 million less than what the seller was owed on the building by its previous owner.

The Ten-X auction website did not disclose who submitted the top bid. Dylan Crouse, a client manager at Ten-X, said the website's policy does not allow him to release any information about the winning bidder until the sale is closed.

Under the auction site's rules, the bidder has 30 days to complete the purchase. With a 5 percent transaction fee added in, the final price for the building would be $9.92 million.

A lender, BACM 2005-3 State St LLC, foreclosed on the building in 2013 after 1 Park Place LLC, a real estate entity created by American Landmark Properties, of Skokie, Ill., defaulted on a $24 million mortgage.

Though the top bid of $9.45 million is well below the $24 million the lender was owed by the previous owner, it did exceed the auction reserve, the minimum selling price set by the lender. Ten-X did not disclose the reserve price, but it was something south of $9.3 million.

Located at 300 S. State St., the 292,820-square-foot, 10-story building opened in 1983 has some of the largest floor plates -- the amount of rentable space on a floor -- in the Syracuse office market.