Orangeyes Daily Articles for Monday - for Football | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Monday for Football

OrangeXtreme said:

Hey Brent - didn't you guys run a story just last year in how our attendance went up? Also: do your own research.

BUY: Syracuse's bowl hopes

Let's not go crazy after a 2-0 start -- Syracuse was favored to win both, after all -- but there's some reasonable optimism surrounding the Orange right now. With a winnable game vs. Central Michigan in Week 3, Syracuse could already be halfway to bowl eligibility (and match last year's win total) by mid-September. That means the Orange will just need to find three more victories among USF, Virginia, Pitt, Louisville and Boston College. And considering how bad things seemed in Syracuse this offseason, that now sounds surprisingly realistic.

and we were playing some kind of press coverage in almost all these videos.. how is that possible?

BUY: Syracuse's bowl hopes

Let's not go crazy after a 2-0 start -- Syracuse was favored to win both, after all -- but there's some reasonable optimism surrounding the Orange right now. With a winnable game vs. Central Michigan in Week 3, Syracuse could already be halfway to bowl eligibility (and match last year's win total) by mid-September. That means the Orange will just need to find three more victories among USF, Virginia, Pitt, Louisville and Boston College. And considering how bad things seemed in Syracuse this offseason, that now sounds surprisingly realistic.

Apparently LSU, FSU, and Clemson got removed from our schedule... :confused:

I will not click on that link. I don't want to encourage them to do more. I'd bet a ton that local fans are more curious about Dungey's throws than our pass D.

This is probably going to sound vaguely familiar...there are probably plenty of good, hardcore SU fans who are thrilled about the win/Dungey and who have no problem looking at/discussing areas that must get better. Fact, they gave up 373 passing yards. Reporting and analyzing that fact does not make for bad reporting. I, for one, am happy to see balanced reporting.

Hey Brent - didn't you guys run a story just last year in how our attendance went up? Also: do your own research.

Actually, the article's premise was somewhat enlightening, IMHO. Also hoping that some of the feedback by readers (excluding the obvious usual hater/s) will be helpful to the powers-that-be up on the hill.

I will not click on that link. I don't want to encourage them to do more. I'd bet a ton that local fans are more curious about Dungey's throws than our pass D.
The bunker is not a good place to be.