For Our Canadian + NNY Fans | Syracusefan.com

For Our Canadian + NNY Fans

My mom is Canadian, so I spent a lot of time up there as a kid, and poutine is just filthy. God, I cringe at the thought of it even being in the same city as me.

My mom is Canadian, so I spent a lot of time up there as a kid, and poutine is just filthy. God, I cringe at the thought of it even being in the same city as me.
Filthy good!! And don't you dare put anything other than cheese curd on it! If anyone gets up to Brockville Ontario this summer, stop into Bud's on the Bay, it's right on the St. Lawrence river. The prime rib poutine is to die for, literally.:D My wife's cousin brought his sons friend here last summer from Chicago and we took him to Buds. He still talks about it!

Jesus, Mary and Joseph, I can hear their arteries hardening all the way out here! :D

Filthy good!! And don't you dare put anything other than cheese curd on it! If anyone gets up to Brockville Ontario this summer, stop into Bud's on the Bay, it's right on the St. Lawrence river. The prime rib poutine is to die for, literally.:D My wife's cousin brought his sons friend here last summer from Chicago and we took him to Buds. He still talks about it!

I like Bud's too. Been there a few times, myself. :)

Believe it or not, I somehow never indulged in poutine until a couple of summers ago at an IndyCar race in Toronto. I now get random cravings for it constantly. Will definitely be checking this place out in the not-too-distant future.

My wife and I loved a Czech Restaurant in Ganonaque, ON called The Maple Leaf...the best Borscht

Over the past few years I have noticed a number of "Poutinerie" pop up around Ottawa.

The menu is largely 20+ different styles of poutine. I can't deny that I indulge in a Piggy Gone Wild poutine a few times a year. "Poutine with Sausage, Bacon, and Pulled Pork".

http://www.spudspotato.com/spuds-menu-march2014.pdf

And somehow with these menu's, obesity is still less of a problem (but an issue!!) than in the US.

BTW, Canadians eat the same bacon as Americans. The whole Canadian Bacon thing is confusing, because its not something very common here and its called somehting different.

BTW, Canadians eat the same bacon as Americans. The whole Canadian Bacon thing is confusing, because its not something very common here and its called somehting different.
Your bacon tastes Like cardboard :) Not that I care...but try the bacon in Florida...:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Your bacon tastes Like cardboard :) Not that I care...but try the bacon in Florida...:eek::eek::eek::eek:

My reply to you :rolling:

7-jpg.36007

h/t: JarheadJim for the pic at the Humor Board

A local joint is introducing this to its menu. The Poutine Burger!
image.jpg

looks tasty . but like any on-line dating service proves... the picture always looks far more attractive than what actually shows up on the plate. jackie v take that photo?

I went to 'Modern Malt' today for lunch. Decent enough burger, menu's a little hipster'iffic - couldn't get anyone I went with to pull the trigger on poutine though to give a review. It looks like they use the cheese curds though - no mozz.

I think a Funk-n-Waffles opened near it as well.

I went yesterday, too. Enjoyed the burger, better than average for CNY. The Canadian Gold poutine (basically standard poutine) was good, a little dry, with real cheese curds.

I went yesterday, too. Enjoyed the burger, better than average for CNY. The Canadian Gold poutine (basically standard poutine) was good, a little dry, with real cheese curds.

It's a pretty nice play overall - definitely a different vibe than a lot of the places down there.

They have chicken-n-waffles on the menu. I know small plates does as well. Seems to be catching on up North.