For the new uniform haters... | Syracusefan.com

For the new uniform haters...

JDubbin

The ONLY Syracuse Sneakers Avatar Guy
I wish we could get some pics of how YOU dress... I'm sure there is a fair number of you who have no fashion sense at all, but are fine blasting the new Syracuse uniforms. I ride with the Syracuse Orange no matter what uniforms they trot out, I like and support the uniform change. I do not like the way you dress, it's ugly, boring and unmatched. Get off the 'cuse!

I wish we could get some pics of how YOU dress... I'm sure there is a fair number of you who have no fashion sense at all, but are fine blasting the new Syracuse uniforms. I ride with the Syracuse Orange no matter what uniforms they trot out, I like and support the uniform change. I do not like the way you dress, it's ugly, boring and unmatched. Get off the 'cuse!

I make things look "cool" and "pretty" for a living. I work at a trendy advertising agency. I am not an aging baby boomer.

These uniforms are hideous. The font of the numbers is something out of a 1960s horror movie. And when your team is called the "orange" the main color should be a heavily prominent orange.

LOL, nominee for worst post eva :blah:

LOL, nominee for worst post eva :blah:
Right up there with your posts pretty much bailing on the Orange because you are not a fan of the uniforms and it's somehow "last straw," eh?

Look, I usually defend the uniform stuff, but...

these are pretty lame.

I make things look "cool" and "pretty" for a living. I work at a trendy advertising agency. I am not an aging baby boomer.

These uniforms are hideous. The font of the numbers is something out of a 1960s horror movie. And when your team is called the "orange" the main color should be a heavily prominent orange.
when did syracuse historically or consistently wear orange jerseys? and another thing after you take away the goofy number design, are the uniforms that bad?

Right up there with your posts pretty much bailing on the Orange because you are not a fan of the uniforms and it's somehow "last straw," eh?
touche, but never said I would ever stop being a fan but rather some of the connection is decreasing when you look on the field and have to stop and think for a second which team is yours.

when did syracuse historically or consistently wear orange jerseys? and another thing after you take away the goofy number design, are the uniforms that bad?
Can we take away the inept font????

I will love those uniforms when I listen to away games on the radio!!!!! ;)

I think I dress very nicely (I'm the guy with the open shirt and Star of David necklace)

Bam-dpACcAAjE9R.jpg-large.jpeg

JDubbin said:

I dress in orange for SU games. Just like Otto. Just like most of what color apparel SU sells and promotes. I wear the school color. Someone at SU is embarrassed about bring the Orange(men). It gets phased out more and more each year.

How am I dressing?

I'm wearing nicely fitting cargo pants and a Reagan/Bush 1984 tank top.

Stylish af.

The White Jersey/Pants/Helmet combo was fricken awesome! Throw the Blue or Orange Helmet in there for a change up... still awesome.

Looks great in person - the 75 fans that thought it was worthwhile to be at the public presser would have noticed that......

There's an all orange coming in 2015...I would guess during the LSU game. My best guess says that they are waiting until then because it'll be the biggest OOC team we've had come here since Auburn. I think the unis, especially the all blue are dull but when they are mixed and match they will be 100x better. And for all the traditionalists, in the 70s we wore white helmets...

I don't hate the style or design. Like many, I hate the fact that the Orange are not orange.

I better not see any more complaining about lack of orange in the stands. When the team doesn't wear orange, the fans shouldn't be expected to.

Lawrinson14 said:
I make things look "cool" and "pretty" for a living. I work at a trendy advertising agency. I am not an aging baby boomer. These uniforms are hideous. The font of the numbers is something out of a 1960s horror movie. And when your team is called the "orange" the main color should be a heavily prominent orange.

I'm a graphic designer and illustrator - can agree on the font choice. The color thing I disagree on. There are plenty of reasons to use orange as the highlight color. Plus they have all orange versions in the works.

Hideous is a strong word. Does your agency do work for 18 year olds? Demographics are huge. The question is "who is this for" - if Nike and Syracuse believe that it's for the athletes and the student body - that's who the target is.