For the new uniform haters... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

For the new uniform haters...

As someone who isn't all that worked up I have to say that what you posted above is flat out not true. Clemson, Miami, UVA, Okie St., Tennesee all have varying shades of Orange as the primary color, some from head to toe.

SU has been 2/3rds Orange home and away forever and it has looked sharp most of the time.

I largely agree, more Orange is better. I was trying to help explain how a designer might come at the problem. It's not some silly rule - it's how professionals end up dealing with a super bright orange. Tennessee and Clemson are the two most similar to us, with orange as a primary. The difference? Their orange is lame and not as bright. (And for the record - Tennessee orange is nasty stuff. Nothing inspires play like creamscicle orange. Or Clemson's accent color. I have much hatred for purple accents. Glad to have blue - even platinum.)

The only uni that I think gets away with bright orange as a main color is the Denver Broncos. Which is probably what we'll be closest to when we add the orange jersey/pants.

I can't think of a single team that rocks full orange uni's as a home or away look. There is a reason it's an alternate look, IMO.

I largely agree, more Orange is better. I was trying to help explain how a designer might come at the problem. It's not some silly rule - it's how professionals end up dealing with a super bright orange. Tennessee and Clemson are the two most similar to us, with orange as a primary. The difference? Their orange is lame and not as bright. (And for the record - Tennessee orange is nasty stuff. Nothing inspires play like creamscicle orange. Or Clemson's accent color. I have much hatred for purple accents. Glad to have blue - even platinum.)

The only uni that I think gets away with bright orange as a main color is the Denver Broncos. Which is probably what we'll be closest to when we add the orange jersey/pants.

I can't think of a single team that rocks full orange uni's as a home or away look. There is a reason it's an alternate look, IMO.
you're setting up this choices as full orange vs orange as an accent which is silly. third choice other colors as accents

you're setting up this choices as full orange vs orange as an accent which is silly. third choice other colors as accents

Nope - I'm for what most are for: more orange. I'm against full orange, but don't mind the new uni's with the accent.

I'm also not worked up at all about the new unis. Deal with x10000000 pressure in my career over design issues. Small potatoes, easily remedied with the orange jerseys/pants - not even sure why we're still talking about it.

Nope - I'm for what most are for: more orange. I'm against full orange, but don't mind the new uni's with the accent.

I'm also not worked up at all about the new unis. Deal with x10000000 pressure in my career over design issues. Small potatoes, easily remedied with the orange jerseys/pants - not even sure why we're still talking about it.
i didn't say you were worked up. congrats on your career, we're all proud of you

i didn't say you were worked up. congrats on your career, we're all proud of you

Sorry - got the impression you were since you're responding to everything when we largely agree.

Thanks - appreciate the love.