For the record, Louisville fans... | Syracusefan.com

For the record, Louisville fans...

I wasn't there today but Louisville is a really fun place to visit and a great place to catch a hoops game.

Agree 100%, always thought UofL fans were some of the best the BE has to offer, not too far behind SU fans.

Yep, love the UofL fans, nothing but praise and respect for the 'Cuse today. They don't dish out the hate that many fanbases, including ours sometimes, do.

Yeah, typically very good. Kind of surprised to see their board a little whacked, but it was a tough loss. Can't fault them much 4 that.

We've developed a great rivalry with them the past few years.

I have to agree. For the most part, their's is the best opposing board to visit. By and large, they have more respect for their opponents than pretty much anyone else we play.

That area is gorgeous. Looks like a fun time!

Ignorance here, but noticed they weren't rushing for the doors at the end. Is that a thing, or were they just that bummed?

In other news, check out the boneyard...their obsession continues. Like someone stating I bet mcw and Triche should be ineligible.

I've never understood the "f this" and "" angle. Not sure how that helps anything or proves anything.

The Boneyard, eh?

Hey Marsh, got any thoughts on that?

The Boneyard, eh?

Hey Marsh, got any thoughts on that?

Not to take words out of anyone's mouth, but I think it's something along the lines of ""

question for those at the games...Were there any "we're #1 shirts" worn by Louisville fans? If none were spotted my respect goes up 100 fold for them.

LOL, there was a movement on the Louisville boards chastising anyone who bought one of those shirts. Please know, all those bizarre T Shirts are locally made and devised by UK fans - and I'm being serious. The local joke is wondering when Calipari's bowel movements show up on the T Shirt monitor. (Not that anyone would notice the difference).

You'll have to pardon me for relying on this loss to actually tweak more of my interest in our rivalry. I doubt I am alone. I believe the ease with which we won those 7 straight before last season made Syracuse a bit of an afterthought. Last year in your wins, we were so devastated by injuries, we tolerated an abysmal regular season, particularly by making the Final Four - led there by Siva.

Oh, we loved to hate Devo and the Fab Melo recruiting drama had some legs. Johnny Flynn was universally admired as was Leo Rautins - I played against his Dad in Vancouver back in the day.

But this game yesterday passed the official threshold for me - it made you truly interesting, lol, and a true rival with competence and hellof athletes. It's the athleticism Louisville fans admire most - in any team, I think. Just like your football team gave us a hammer lock kill and got all of our attention, causing us to appreciate you even more in your hilarious and wonderful thrashing of the Eers in Yankee Stadium - this basketball team of yours was likable and breathtakingly athletic. (For the record, a few of us Louisville fans including me were Brandon Triche's biggest fans 3 years ago. He always seem to do marvelous stuff against us.).

Well, whatever - I am not saying this for some backhanded reasons. I'm trying to state the evolution of a fact, for me. Because most implicit in the summation is that your team was completely cool to watch, they are sportsmen with good attitudes who compete like banshees, just like us. From now on, you guys are diks - no, just kidding - from now on, you guys matter hugely in our windshields, especially mine. In other words, considering the upcoming move, we're dam glad to be connected. You can make us proud as well.

Sweet jumpin' Jehosaphat, it's nice to get posters from another board who have an appreciation for the game itself, not just their program, and are able to intelligently discuss a particular game or long series, or historical rivalry. We get that sometimes with UConn, which is tough to admit, because, well, the general zeitgeist on the board of late is "". That said, this board in particular shares some common DNA with the Boneyard and a lot of cross-pollenation has taken place between the 2. But UConn wasn't a rival or even an interesting match up in football.

Louisville has emerged as a fun rivalry and interesting match up in both sports. The boards have had good interaction. Unlike a place like, oh, I dunno, Rutgers, fans from Louisville are knowledgeable and courteous, looking to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of both teams. Rutgers fans come around, mostly on the football side, as I believe their men's hoops teams, so thoroughly embarrassed by losing thrice weekly to their women's team in scrimmages, competes in the Division 3 New Jersey Conference of Trade, Technical, Clown, and Barber Colleges with the likes of Apex Tech, ITT Tech, Barbizon Beauty College, and the Soupy Sales School of Silliness. Anyway, they chest thump and brag, then come crashing to earth when reality- post season or games against Division 1 teams- hits.

Louisville is a passionate sports town, and not to be a tool, I think has a little bit more humility, respectfulness, and cool factor due to being the upstart/underdog in the Wildcat state. Louisville fans are less likely to be front runners and insecure douchenozzles who wrap themselves in an almost sure thing to pump their own egos.

Really glad to see the 'ville coming to the ACC. Hoping we build a fun rivalry for years to come.

LOL, there was a movement on the Louisville boards chastising anyone who bought one of those shirts. Please know, all those bizarre T Shirts are locally made and devised by UK fans - and I'm being serious. The local joke is wondering when Calipari's bowel movements show up on the T Shirt monitor. (Not that anyone would notice the difference).

Don't worry our locals have a tee shirt made for everything too.

Whether we had won or lost that was just a plain great game!!! Now I am glad you are joining us in the ACC. Congrats Ville on an absolutely fantastic game!!

Louisville fans are good people and it is a great sports town. ACC made the right call. Feel bad for Cincy being left behind.

are a class act who live and die with their team as much or more than any fans in the nation.
They make Kentucky fans look like the hosebags they are.

In my opinion, the five premiere fan-bases in college basketball (in no particular order), are Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, Indiana and Syracuse.

UNC should probably be in this group, as well, but the fact that they have empty seats in the Dean Dome when they struggle irks me.

Louisville fans are good people and it is a great sports town. ACC made the right call. Feel bad for Cincy being left behind.

Meh to Cincy. It's a pro sports town. The ACC currently has 2 programs- one irrelevant and one on the edge of the abyss in football, and totally in the darkness for hoops- located in pro sports towns where there's more apathy than interest in those programs.

So unless BC goes to the Big 12 or Miami to the Pac 12, tough toenails to Cincy. Although if they could get a young Bailey Quarters to do side line reporting and Les Nessman for the play by play with color commentary by Dr. Johnny Fever, I could be convinced to change my view.

I must tell you that my "Louisville cousins" are the classiest of class acts when it comes to loving their team, loving the game of basketball, and still being able to love me after Syracuse beats them. (And I still love them when they beat us!) Louisville "owned" us for several straight years and in 2010, when we had just become #1 for the first time in a couple decades, we went to Louisville and they beat us. "Louisville!!" (shaking fist to sky)

I believe a huge, fun, respectful rivalry is a-brewing and may, in fact, be brewed! I know it is expected to vilify our rivals, but I hope we don't get into that with these two teams. The cousins and my family are so thrilled Louisville is coming to the ACC! This rivalry should just get better and better. Go Cuse!

Sweet jumpin' Jehosaphat, it's nice to get posters from another board who have an appreciation for the game itself, not just their program, and are able to intelligently discuss a particular game or long series, or historical rivalry. We get that sometimes with UConn, which is tough to admit, because, well, the general zeitgeist on the board of late is "". That said, this board in particular shares some common DNA with the Boneyard and a lot of cross-pollenation has taken place between the 2. But UConn wasn't a rival or even an interesting match up in football.

Louisville has emerged as a fun rivalry and interesting match up in both sports. The boards have had good interaction. Unlike a place like, oh, I dunno, Rutgers, fans from Louisville are knowledgeable and courteous, looking to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of both teams. Rutgers fans come around, mostly on the football side, as I believe their men's hoops teams, so thoroughly embarrassed by losing thrice weekly to their women's team in scrimmages, competes in the Division 3 New Jersey Conference of Trade, Technical, Clown, and Barber Colleges with the likes of Apex Tech, ITT Tech, Barbizon Beauty College, and the Soupy Sales School of Silliness. Anyway, they chest thump and brag, then come crashing to earth when reality- post season or games against Division 1 teams- hits.

Louisville is a passionate sports town, and not to be a tool, I think has a little bit more humility, respectfulness, and cool factor due to being the upstart/underdog in the Wildcat state. Louisville fans are less likely to be front runners and insecure douchenozzles who wrap themselves in an almost sure thing to pump their own egos.

Really glad to see the 'ville coming to the ACC. Hoping we build a fun rivalry for years to come.

First, all I could do is "like" the Soupy Sales reference. That's too bad, because I really want to "triple like" it, lol.

It's difficult to express my gratitude for this post. The importance of the UK factor in Louisville's sporting existence is a torturous historic picture with equal parts jealousy (from both sides) and bizarre obsession - on UK's part. Unhappy with merely being excellent at the game, UK acts like Baby Huey and crushes our every optimism available when possible. The truth is, they hate Louisville with the power of a thousand Suns because we threaten them along the urban/rural cultural opposition as well as our approach to athletics - and athletes - in general. Fact is, we are easier-going because we have such splendidly bad examples of Hubris, bad teeth and over-the-top solipsism/self love who dangle themselves, upside down, in front of us on a normal basis. I really do believe their bad example makes us healthier.

It's bizarre living with that. Sometimes it pisses you off, as a Card fan. It occasionally results in terroristic humor, taking advantage of the one fact which UK fans are terribly uneasy with - that no one dominates forever. Take this season for example, lol. This is dam fun, aint it?

Anyway, I suspect this season - more than any other so far - has cemented the Syracuse/UofL rivalry like no other one before. I guess I'm more like a female, after all, lol, but then I am older, too. In marriages, it is said that brides always feel like they gain from marriage, while males feel certain they're about to "lose" something. LOL. Guys can be pretty frikkin dumb.

It's difficult to express my gratitude for this post. The importance of the UK factor in Louisville's sporting existence is a torturous historic picture with equal parts jealousy (from both sides) and bizarre obsession - on UK's part. Unhappy with merely being excellent at the game, UK acts like Baby Huey and crushes our every optimism available when possible. The truth is, they hate Louisville with the power of a thousand Suns because we threaten them along the urban/rural cultural opposition as well as our approach to athletics - and athletes - in general. Fact is, we are easier-going because we have such splendidly bad examples of Hubris, bad teeth and over-the-top solipsism/self love who dangle themselves, upside down, in front of us on a normal basis. I really do believe their bad example makes us healthier.

It's bizarre living with that. Sometimes it pisses you off, as a Card fan. It occasionally results in terroristic humor, taking advantage of the one fact which UK fans are terribly uneasy with - that no one dominates forever. Take this season for example, lol. This is dam fun, aint it?

Anyway, I suspect this season - more than any other so far - has cemented the Syracuse/UofL rivalry like no other one before. I guess I'm more like a female, after all, lol, but then I am older, too. In marriages, it is said that brides always feel like they gain from marriage, while males feel certain they're about to "lose" something. LOL. Guys can be pretty frikkin dumb.[/quote]

You is a good writer!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom