For the record, Louisville fans... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

For the record, Louisville fans...

First, all I could do is "like" the Soupy Sales reference. That's too bad, because I really want to "triple like" it, lol.

It's difficult to express my gratitude for this post. The importance of the UK factor in Louisville's sporting existence is a torturous historic picture with equal parts jealousy (from both sides) and bizarre obsession - on UK's part. Unhappy with merely being excellent at the game, UK acts like Baby Huey and crushes our every optimism available when possible. The truth is, they hate Louisville with the power of a thousand Suns because we threaten them along the urban/rural cultural opposition as well as our approach to athletics - and athletes - in general. Fact is, we are easier-going because we have such splendidly bad examples of Hubris, bad teeth and over-the-top solipsism/self love who dangle themselves, upside down, in front of us on a normal basis. I really do believe their bad example makes us healthier.

It's bizarre living with that. Sometimes it pisses you off, as a Card fan. It occasionally results in terroristic humor, taking advantage of the one fact which UK fans are terribly uneasy with - that no one dominates forever. Take this season for example, lol. This is dam fun, aint it?

Anyway, I suspect this season - more than any other so far - has cemented the Syracuse/UofL rivalry like no other one before. I guess I'm more like a female, after all, lol, but then I am older, too. In marriages, it is said that brides always feel like they gain from marriage, while males feel certain they're about to "lose" something. LOL. Guys can be pretty frikkin dumb.

when are you guys going to field a Lacrosse team?

Want to hear something funny? Yesterday before the game, the Ernie Davis story was on local TV. I don't know whether it was purposeful or not - it's cable, after all - but I had tears streaming down my face. The scene where Jim Brown speaks with Ernie and they both have lacrosse sticks was a key element in the film. I was tempted to call my buddy who head coaches the Louisville Stick Horses - the local pro Lacrosse team - and who is one of my tailgate buddies.

Louisville played in the NC Game of soccer 3 years ago, built up from not much to begin with. We now have a 10,000 seat soccer stadium being built on campus. If Louisville constructs a team, I bet we'll give you fits in short order!

[quote="Senore2006, post: 501621, member: 1953"

I bet we'll give you fits in short order![/quote]

talking trash...EH!!:)

UNC should probably be in this group, as well, but the fact that they have empty seats in the Dean Dome when they struggle irks me.

We might too, but who knows?

You are right. It wasn't that interesting beating you 5 consecutive years. After a while its just old hat.

It's ironic that while UCONN fans ripped us for years for "living in the past" wrt football, you are doing just that on the hoops side.

You'll have to pardon me for relying on this loss to actually tweak more of my interest in our rivalry. I doubt I am alone. I believe the ease with which we won those 7 straight before last season made Syracuse a bit of an afterthought. Last year in your wins, we were so devastated by injuries, we tolerated an abysmal regular season, particularly by making the Final Four - led there by Siva.

But this game yesterday passed the official threshold for me - it made you truly interesting, lol, and a true rival with competence and hellof athletes. It's the athleticism Louisville fans admire most - in any team, I think.this basketball team of yours was likable and breathtakingly athletic. (For the record, a few of us Louisville fans including me were Brandon Triche's biggest fans 3 years ago. He always seem to do marvelous stuff against us.).

Well, whatever - I am not saying this for some backhanded reasons. I'm trying to state the evolution of a fact, for me. Because most implicit in the summation is that your team was completely cool to watch, they are sportsmen with good attitudes who compete like banshees, just like us. From now on, you guys are diks - no, just kidding - from now on, you guys matter hugely in our windshields, especially mine. In other words, considering the upcoming move, we're dam glad to be connected. You can make us proud as well.
It's good to see SU has finally got LVilles attention.

I guess I can see how it may not have been much of a rivalry to LVille during their winning streak. Fools didn't know any better, but we aren't Rutgers here. That was an impressive stretch that you may never see again.

But to us SU fans those 7 in a row were incredibly annoying. Two of them came against our great 2010 squad, one while we were #1 I believe. This started the irritating Pitino owns JB talk which made it to the local paper.

I can't believe you are still trying to rationalize away last years losses. But no more of that. LVille losing while #1, at home, in front of their largest crowd ever, while 7+ point favorites. Hard to spin this one. You'll remember that. Good to see some payback here, makes things interesting.

I guess I can see how it may not have been much of a rivalry to LVille during their winning streak. Fools didn't know any better, but we aren't Rutgers here. That was an impressive stretch that you may never see again.

But to us SU fans those 7 in a row were incredibly annoying. Two of them came against our great 2010 squad, one while we were #1 I believe. This started the irritating Pitino owns JB talk which made it to the local paper.

I can't believe you are still trying to rationalize away last years losses. But no more of that. LVille losing while #1, at home, in front of their largest crowd ever, while 7+ point favorites. Hard to spin this one. You'll remember that. Good to see some payback here, makes things interesting.

It's funny that it's just dawning on them now...by the end of this regular season we'll have built up a nice little streak of our own. They weren't nearly as good as us last year, so those excuses were a little odd. I don't remember the game at the Dome even being competitive last year.

Someone should tell the LVille fans when they're trying to get on tv with their "L" hands. If they use theirs left hand it comes out backwards on tv. Sheesh. Got tired of watching that guy in the sweater behind the bench.

In my opinion, the five premiere fan-bases in college basketball (in no particular order), are Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, Indiana and Syracuse.

UNC should probably be in this group, as well, but the fact that they have empty seats in the Dean Dome when they struggle irks me.
There are always empty seats at our stadium during bball games.. Lol

Frankly, our rivalry with UK, Cincinnati, Marquette and even Memphis are our deeper history and were more compelling, but that is just for purely historical/habitual reasons.

I can't apologize for being honest. And, dam right, things have changed now, lol. Not only that, but they have changed in highly interesting ways. We'll end up being thought of rather alike when we enter the ACC - as the "new guys", lol. They are already touting our entries.

I look very forward to the new age of Syracuse/Louisville. When all is siad and done, it is refreshing, awesome and - for hoops - simply amazing.

You are right. It wasn't that interesting beating you 5 consecutive years. After a while its just old hat.

There really is no excuse for us going in and playing down to the level of our competition. Enjoy the New, New Big East Sun Belt Conference USA.

From Div IAA to a lucky team for a few years in a crappy conference. Love that uconn is now going down the "terlet" as Archie used to say. Good riddance to the whole program.

How's the pain you feel with P&D at the helm of what's left of your "football" team? Let's just say if grob was ever your coach, you guys wouldn't have beaten any pop warner teams, let alone college programs, at that pathetic little pre-fab stadium that has less fans in it than the bass-pro shop right outside its gate. The fact that rutgirls is even laughing at uconn makes it even more comical.

I for one don't care if I ever see another bit of football in the state of Connecticut. Their moron fans know as much about football as Archie did about political correctness.

Let's Go Orange!!!

Ooh you beat us few times during the Robinson years? What an exclusive club!

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much bitterness in this thread... and none from cuse fans.

I respect Louisville. I prefer them to UK. They are good rivals.

And their program brings in the most money in college hoops I respect that. For whatever reason there are plenty of big time basketball programs who hardly sell any tickets, I mean even Cinci can't ever fill 5th and 3rd and people think their programs are identical to Lvilles. Not to mention uconvict had 5k empty seats when they played #1 ranked Lville.

But they are good enough that I'd rather they not get Marys spot in the coastal since I don't want them and FSU/Clemson every year.

Trust me, I'm not hanging a helms banner for beating cuse 5 years in a row. You guys were not good enough to take pride in that. But it's still a fair counterpoint to the statement that uconn was not a rival or interesting matchup. If the original point was that was because of your prolonged stretch of being a terrible football team, fair enough. But by that measure nobody would be a rival or interesting. Maybe your practice team.
Nice of ya to stop by in a thread about how fan bases can be rivals but still respect the game and one another's program and demonstrate the bitter, angry monkey throwing feces, "other" sort of fan base to help provide a contrast. Well done sir, well done.

Me thinks our soon to be Psycho Ditched Ex-girlfriend is jealous of our new rival

This post is deserving of the old triple-like button of which the venerable Senore mentions...

Dang, this thread deteriorated fast. What happened to the UofL/SU love in?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom